Ashley Madison numbers are hilarious...

I wonder what the male/female ratio is on normal dating websites. Wouldn't be shocked if it was way out of proportion like this. Maybe not quite as much as this, but still way more males.

I'd go to Red Lobster wit' you. We can discuss Hegel. Plus Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
I'll even go dutch. Although I suppose that makes it more of a friend thing but the offer is on the table...

Sweet redemption! Hegel, Cheddar Biscuits and the company of a pretty girl is my kinda night... If you ever find yourself in Seattle, I'll definitely take you up on that! hahah

Sweet redemption! Hegel, Cheddar Biscuits and the company of a pretty girl is my kinda night... If you ever find yourself in Seattle, I'll definitely take you up on that! hahah

I will def keep you posted. I'm down. :)

Either women are cheating less or they don't need to head to the internet to find a new partner. It's probably a bit of both.

Realistically women cheat as often if not more then men so it's probably mostly the latter.

Being both an extrovert and a female normally I would agree wit' this sentiment. However I do think that many people find online dating as a way to meet others they may not meet in other ways.
Some people have jobs or other things that prevent them from meeting in traditional ways and so if they online date more power to them.

Also, i recall a little red lobster rejection if i am not mistaken Mr. I don't date...
winking_lucille_arrested_development.gif

Glad a woman joined the thread because I'd love to get a woman's take on something.

Around my area, the big thing among single women my age (late 30's, early 40's), seems to be dating foreign (generally African) men online.

Do you know of this? If so, what's the deal?

My wife has 3 friends, 2 of whom are single moms, and I have an employee, also a single mom, all of whom have done this not once, but two, three, four times each.

They carry on for a while, talk marriage, travel to see the guy, and then invariably (so far) it falls apart (and we never get a very good explanation as to why), and they just regroup and do it again.

What in hell is happening? Any insight?

The numbers I saw earlier were crazy. So many people were said to have accounts in Edmonton that at least 1/3 of married adults would have to be on there.

Well, of course. What else is there to do in Edmonton?

Meh it's easier for women to get laid, really any fat chick could just go hang out at a night club till close and some drunk would throw it in her

I wonder what the male/female ratio is on normal dating websites. Wouldn't be shocked if it was way out of proportion like this. Maybe not quite as much as this, but still way more males.

All my wife's single friends seem to date exclusively foreign men from Africa online.

There's some really screwy stuff happening in the virtual dating world.

I get that there are only so many places to meet people and that the internet seems like it should be a good tool just to find someone who is close by who you might connect with.

But why does it seem like everyone uses this stuff in a way that almost ensures you'll never make an actual, practical, real life match?

I'd go to Red Lobster wit' you. We can discuss Hegel. Plus Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
I'll even go dutch. Although I suppose that makes it more of a friend thing but the offer is on the table...

I will def keep you posted. I'm down. :)

And with that, my thread about Ashley Madison becomes hands down the significantly more effective, and infinitely less creepy, dating site than Ashley Madison itself.

Score one for the good guys.

Glad a woman joined the thread because I'd love to get a woman's take on something.

Around my area, the big thing among single women my age (late 30's, early 40's), seems to be dating foreign (generally African) men online.

Do you know of this? If so, what's the deal?

My wife has 3 friends, 2 of whom are single moms, and I have an employee, also a single mom, all of whom have done this not once, but two, three, four times each.

They carry on for a while, talk marriage, travel to see the guy, and then invariably (so far) it falls apart (and we never get a very good explanation as to why), and they just regroup and do it again.

What in hell is happening? Any insight?

Ummmmm well I guess I would need to know some things about the women in question. Are they all friends of your wife? Or are these disparate women from different areas in your life. The common denominator in the first scenario is that your wife likes to hang out wit' chicks that dig African's.
Now if you have women from other areas that are all non-related (i.e. don't know each other) then that does seem a bit odd.
In either case I think the attraction is that he's "exotic" and a fantasy to a certain degree. At the vary least there would be the intrigue of something or someone completely foreign and at that age/point in their life this might be more appealing than in the past.
Also I think deep down they know the relationship can't really go anywhere and in that way its a safe choice.

It's nice to know what I have to look forward to as I age...
859d4c778ac97775e86f0a1c673e1d36.jpg

Ummmmm well I guess I would need to know some things about the women in question. Are they all friends of your wife? Or are these disparate women from different areas in your life. The common denominator in the first scenario is that your wife likes to hang out wit' chicks that dig African's.
Now if you have women from other areas that are all non-related (i.e. don't know each other) then that does seem a bit odd.
In either case I think the attraction is that he's "exotic" and a fantasy to a certain degree. At the vary least their would be the intrigue of something or someone completely foreign and at that age/point in their life this might be more appealing than in the past.
Also I think deep down they know the relationship can't really go anywhere and in that way its a safe choice.

It's nice to know what I have to look forward to as I age...
859d4c778ac97775e86f0a1c673e1d36.jpg

Well... I'm probably giving away too much... but my wife isn't actually friends with them so much as she is the leader of a charitable organization and the women are members.

They're educated/professional women, though (nurses, social worker, physio therapists... plus there's my employee who is working her way through a degree).

Trouble is, it's not the least bit a 'safe choice.'

Two of them are in Guana right now, have been there for a day and a half, and my wife is freaking a little because no one can get in contact with them.

What I don't get is what's in it for the guys. The women really aren't exactly lookers (to say the least), which isn't everything, but let's be real, this is an online thing.

We're talking a selection of really top tier dudes (on screen, anyway). Professional athletes, PhD candidates, etc.

I feel certain there's a scam of some sort, but I can't put my finger on it. Green card? Cash scam? I dunno. Keeps falling through, and they just lather, rinse, repeat.

Well... I'm probably giving away too much... but my wife isn't actually friends with them so much as she is the leader of a charitable organization and the women are members.

They're educated/professional women, though (nurses, social worker, physio therapists... plus there's my employee who is working her way through a degree).

Two of them are in Guana right now, have been there for a day and a half, and my wife is freaking a little because no one can get in contact with them.

What I don't get is what's in it for the guys. The women really aren't exactly lookers (to say the least), which isn't everything, but let's be real, this is an online thing.

We're talking a selection of really top tier dudes (on screen, anyway). Professional athletes, PhD candidates, etc.

I feel certain there's a scam of some sort, but I can't put my finger on it. Green card? Cash scam? I dunno. Keeps falling through, and they just lather, rinse, repeat.

Green card or cash scam sounds about right.

My guess is they aren't actually pro athletes or PhD candidates. Girl gets there, guy has some story/excuse for needing cash (need it to finish my PhD, then I'll come to north america).

If the girl has already invested time/money in flying halfway across the world to meet the guy I'm guessing some will be vulnerable and give more money in attempt to make this fantasy come true.

Great thread idea. Keep us updated!

The CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) has crunched the numbers on the data leak. From their research it looks like of the 37 million or so accounts:

Almost half were fake, or doubles, or just never used.

Of the remaining, active accounts (who at least checked emails, had chats, etc):

15-20 million were men

Almost half of those were American (which works out to 1 in 8 or so American men)

10-12 thousand were women

So, like, 1 real woman for every 1000 real men.

Cracks me up.

Source

Yeah that is ridiculously low. Had no idea the actual numbers when I first heard of the hack, but I thought the women count would have been in the low millions at least.

Yeah that is ridiculously low. Had no idea the actual numbers when I first heard of the hack, but I thought the women count would have been in the low millions at least.

Most specialty dating sites allow men and women to sign up but the men have to pay to be able to talk to the women. I bet 90% of the guys that signed up never ended up paying after realizing it took some $ to send messages. So in the end you have this huge ratio of men to women but the percentage of men that are actually able to talk to the women is very low compared to the overall numbers.

I'm sure the ratio was still bad but I doubt it was like 1000:1 as far as who could send messages back and forth went.

lol women don't need the internet to cheat.

All my wife's single friends seem to date exclusively foreign men from Africa online.

There's some really screwy stuff happening in the virtual dating world.

I get that there are only so many places to meet people and that the internet seems like it should be a good tool just to find someone who is close by who you might connect with.

But why does it seem like everyone uses this stuff in a way that almost ensures you'll never make an actual, practical, real life match?

they want the bbc but don't want to be labeled as whores, so they 'date' knowing ahead of time that it isn't going to be anything more then a bedroom experience. having it w/ a foreigner and online keeps it private and out of any gossip that would occur within their families, workplace, etc. lotta times women feel like they gotta 'catch up.' the foreign element makes it romantic to them in an effort to hide that what they're doing is essentially sex tourism. jamaica is pretty famous for it. possibly nigeria too.

My co-worker would flip the fuck out if I said that to him. He met his wife through online dating.

through what service? my experience with online dating using everything has been complete shit. since women have an endless amount of guys to choose from, they make you jump through hoops just to get a date. i quit trying because it got so bad that whenever someone DID agree to meet up with me, i had no choice but to believe it was either a robot or a catfish.

Back