Ashley Madison numbers are hilarious...

jeremyemilio

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) has crunched the numbers on the data leak. From their research it looks like of the 37 million or so accounts:

Almost half were fake, or doubles, or just never used.

Of the remaining, active accounts (who at least checked emails, had chats, etc):

15-20 million were men

Almost half of those were American (which works out to 1 in 8 or so American men)

10-12 thousand were women

So, like, 1 real woman for every 1000 real men.

Cracks me up.

Source

Either women are cheating less or they don't need to head to the internet to find a new partner. It's probably a bit of both.

The numbers I saw earlier were crazy. So many people were said to have accounts in Edmonton that at least 1/3 of married adults would have to be on there.

These men probably knew they were jerking it with other men pretending to be women though

What's more embarrassing that having your identity pop up on the Ashley Madison Hack?

Having to look for dates via the Internet.

What's more embarrassing that having your identity pop up on the Ashley Madison Hack?

My co-worker would flip the fuck out if I said that to him. He met his wife through online dating.

My co-worker would flip the fuck out if I said that to him. He met his wife through online dating.

I'm only half joking... I think it can be a legitimate and sometimes it does lead to something great. I know two great people that found each other on POF and have been married for two years. I always throw them shit about it. On the other hand, it lets people deal with Rejection on their own terms. Websites have just found a way to capitalize on people too afraid of meeting someone organically. Dating websites will breed people with balls directly out of existence. Mark my words...

Though, I never date... So, I guess this is a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black.

Just an observation really.

Nothing wrong with online dating. I had an Ashley Madison account but I never used it because you had to pay for everything on the site and it wasnt cheap. Can't compete wit POF or Tinder

Has a motive been revealed for the hacking/leak?

Looks like the CEO stepped down, and was (to no surprise) an adulterer himself.

Ashley Madison hack and infidelity

Leaked emails reportedly show Biderman had multiple affairs. Evidence purportedly shows one of Biderman's affairs was with a Toronto sex worker who broke things off after three years over "guilt-ridden" feelings about cheating on her boyfriend. Another woman identified as 'Melisa from the spa,' was a student with a boyfriend, who was being compensated for her time by Biderman.[22][23][24][25] Prior to the hack, Biderman maintained he is a happily married father of two and does not himself cheat.[4]

But I get the feeling that the full story hasn't been revealed yet. Can't wait until the documentary is made and posted on Netflix.

Nothing wrong with online dating. I had an Ashley Madison account but I never used it because you had to pay for everything on the site and it wasnt cheap. Can't compete wit POF or Tinder

We're you married or was the AM account just more ground to cover?

Has a motive been revealed for the hacking/leak?

Looks like the CEO stepped down, and was (to no surprise) an adulterer himself.

But I get the feeling that the full story hasn't been revealed yet. Can't wait until the documentary is made and posted on Netflix.

lol. This gives new meaning to the term "I'm not just the president, I'm also a client..."

Being both an extrovert and a female normally I would agree wit' this sentiment. However I do think that many people find online dating as a way to meet others they may not meet in other ways.
Some people have jobs or other things that prevent them from meeting in traditional ways and so if they online date more power to them.

Also, i recall a little red lobster rejection if i am not mistaken Mr. I don't date...
winking_lucille_arrested_development.gif

Either women are cheating less or they don't need to head to the internet to find a new partner. It's probably a bit of both.

Both genders cheat. But I'd imagine men are far more likely to go out looking to cheat and planning it out. I feel like women get into cheating when they start eyeing their cute coworker or some guy they spend a lot of time with. Not going to a website for cheating.

Both genders cheat. But I'd imagine men are far more likely to go out looking to cheat and planning it out. I feel like women get into cheating when they start eyeing their cute coworker or some guy they spend a lot of time with. Not going to a website for cheating.

Yup. And because it's never 100% deliberate in their minds, they have a hard time feeling bad about it

Being both an extrovert and a female normally I would agree wit' this sentiment. However I do think that many people find online dating as a way to meet others they may not meet in other ways.
Some people have jobs or other things that prevent them from meeting in traditional ways and so if they online date more power to them.

Also, i recall a little red lobster rejection if i am not mistaken Mr. I don't date...
winking_lucille_arrested_development.gif

Hahah, touche'. For those of you who aren't in on this joke, I was rejected by a Female Sherdogger after asking for a date to Red Lobster.

It was not a high point in my life. I almost ran out and got a cat.

But that's ok, she's just lucky she didn't meet me so I could use my considerable powers of seduction. :)

Also, good point about the busy work schedule. But after tomorrow, I'll be fun-employed, so that just doesn't translate for me.

lol, unemployed and rejected by a girl on Sherdog. I'm really winding this year down with a bang, aren't I?

Oh they'll feel bad. Just don't forgive them. Women tend to have a strong urge to "make things right."

Haha well said. By 'feel bad' I guess I should have been more specific-- they can literally feel awful because of the situation but will never blame themselves for it.

The numbers I saw earlier were crazy. So many people were said to have accounts in Edmonton that at least 1/3 of married adults would have to be on there.

Part of that, I think, is to do with the fact that Edmonton is a larger center that is fairly far away from other large centers and so a lot of people in neighbouring communities would probably list it as their location for a variety of reasons (search-ability, privacy, etc).

Even so, 1 in 3 isn't that crazy far off.

Canada has the highest per capita population at around 6.5%.

Chop of a percentage for the female accounts and you're at 5.5%.

The percentage of the Canadian population that is married men is around 20%.

So you're looking at 1 in 4 married men as the average in Canada based on the raw data.

Minus the fake/duplicate/inactive accounts and you're still at 1 in 6 or 7.

Hahah, touche'. For those of you who aren't in on this joke, I was rejected by a Female Sherdogger after asking for a date to Red Lobster.

It was not a high point in my life. I almost ran out and got a cat.

But that's ok, she's just lucky she didn't meet me so I could use my considerable powers of seduction. :)

Also, good point about the busy work schedule. But after tomorrow, I'll be fun-employed, so that just doesn't translate for me.

lol, unemployed and rejected by a girl on Sherdog. I'm really winding this year down with a bang, aren't I?

I'd go to Red Lobster wit' you. We can discuss Hegel. Plus Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
I'll even go dutch. Although I suppose that makes it more of a friend thing but the offer is on the table...

Back