As WSOF and NBC extend agreement, promotion heads to network television

You're quibbling over trivial distinctions.

Bottom line:

• Everyone knows the WSOF is being very accommodating about letting fighters go when the UFC wants them.
  • Fighters like it and the UFC likes it.
  • NBC may not like it and may push for the policy to change.
    (Or, for that matter, the WSOF could just get visions of grandeur and start trying to lock fighters in on their own. Although it's more likely to come from NBC.)

No. I am not. You were acting like fighters are constantly leaving mid contract. That is not the case. WSoF has the correct balance and doesn't need to change. Fighters liking it means they will want to sign with them. Fighters are already commenting on Bellator's contract talking about how terrible it is. MVP won't sign it.

NBC may not like it, but why would they care either way ... but they don't own WSoF, so what they like doesn't matter, they want ratings, that's the bottom line with them, not fighter contracts. Getting the best fighters should hopefully translate into ratings.

That question would make more sense if NBC was actually paying them. From the reports I have seen, WSOF isn't getting paid for those NBC shows.

they are.

Jason Floyd reported they werent but he was wrong, WSOF officials told Bloodyelbow that isnt true and they are getting a rights fee with this new deal.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/5/27/5755178/wsof-inks-new-deal-will-hold-event-on-nbc

Update: Danny Brener of World Series of Fighting contacted Bloody Elbow to state that the original report of no rights fees in the deal is inaccurate, and that the promotion will be receiving them as a part of the new agreement.

No. I am not. You were acting like fighters are constantly leaving mid contract. That is not the case. WSoF has the correct balance and doesn't need to change. Fighters liking it means they will want to sign with them. Fighters are already commenting on Bellator's contract talking about how terrible it is. MVP won't sign it.

NBC may not like it, but why would they care either way ... but they don't own WSoF, so what they like doesn't matter, they want ratings, that's the bottom line with them, not fighter contracts. Getting the best fighters should hopefully translate into ratings.

Yes, you are.

I get it - you're in love with WSOF and/or their policy and can't bear anything that even remotely sounds critical or negative - even though what I said was not a criticism of WSOF at all.

It's a very, very, very simple and uncontroversial premise:

The new deal with NBC might impact how WSOF does business.

You're struggling so hard to find an argument to make that you even contradict yourself in those last 2 lines of pure silliness.

First you claim the broadcast station doesn't care about the quality of fighters? Please.
Then, what the broadcast station wants never matters?
Double please.
And then at the end, you're back to saying the broadcast station does care...but your omniscience has told you that they will agree with you about what the best strategy is.

Yes, you are.

I get it - you're in love with WSOF and/or their policy and can't bear anything that even remotely sounds critical or negative - even though what I said was not a criticism of WSOF at all.
No, be critical, that's fine, just don't make stuff up, which is what you did. What you said is simply wrong.

It's a very, very, very simple and uncontroversial premise:

The new deal with NBC might impact how WSOF does business.
Yes, it might. Never disagreed. My only comment was that the way they do business very well could be their selling point, not a detriment.

You're struggling so hard to find an argument to make that you even contradict yourself in those last 2 lines of pure silliness.
This should be good, more stupidity.

First you claim the broadcast station doesn't care about the quality of fighters? Please.
Actually my exact words were they may not like it, and then asked why they would care. This statement had nothing to do with quality of fighters, or do you think Fitch, Okami, Palhares, and others are low quality fighters?

Then, what the broadcast station wants never matters?
Double please.
Again wrong, what they want does matter, and I specified what they want, ratings. That is what matters. If the options are keep AJ and get 300,000 viewers or lose AJ and get 800,000 viewers they will want to get rid of AJ every time. All NBC cares about are the ratings.
And then at the end, you're back to saying the broadcast station does care...but your omniscience has told you that they will agree with you about what the best strategy is.
No my omniscience told me they don't care as long as it translates into ratings, which is exactly what I said. I then said getting the best fighters (which is what the strategy is designed to do) should hopefully translate into the ratings.

It takes someone with extraordinarily low brain power to disagree with any of that. Somehow you managed it.

Or do you think NBC is in it because they love MMA, and not because they want to make money, and they could care less about ratings?

Back