Law As Trump tries to Politicize the Court a Chief Justice does something never before seen

MikeMcMann

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
...and punches back.

Chief Justice Roberts rebukes Trump's 'Obama judge' gibe

What will Trump's next move be? Will he tear down this Judge?

US Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts has taken the extraordinary step of rebuking President Donald Trump's criticism of a federal judge.

Mr Trump on Tuesday called a jurist who ruled against his asylum policy an "Obama judge".

The president's gibe has provoked a stern statement from the head of America's highest court.

It is the first time the chief justice has spoken against Mr Trump.

"We do not have Obama judges or Trump judges, Bush judges or Clinton judges," Chief Justice Roberts told the Associated Press.

"What we have is an extraordinary group of dedicated judges doing their level best to do equal right to those appearing before them."

Speaking on the eve of America's Thanksgiving holiday, he said an "independent judiciary is something we should all be thankful for".

How rare is this?
It is extremely rare for a senior member of the judiciary to clash with a US president.

Chief Justice Roberts' Supreme Court colleague Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been a far more outspoken critic of Mr Trump....

There really are Obama judges.

elena-kagan-560228-1-402.jpg

staci-m-yandle21.jpg

alison-nathan.jpg

It's a damn shame that we're in a place where this was needed.

Courts have been political tools by the party in charge of appointing the batch during their years for as long as I've been alive

Obama liked to appoint women that looked like they might be butch lesbian. Because instead of ruling by Justice and our Constitution, they tend to prefer Social Justice.

Courts have been political tools by the party in charge of appointing the batch during their years for as long as I've been alive
Courts have long been able to assert their independence though, and relatively quietly. It's a fucking scandal that the head of the judiciary has to publicly assert independence. This is not like it always was. This is not normal. And this sort of thing is not isolated, it's true in many other ways across government and the political culture.

Murka has never been better than now. The President fighting with Supreme Court judges, the DOJ, etc.

Youd think trump would be nicer to a court that's going to rule on his taxes and Mueller. Idiot.

Youd think trump would be nicer to a court that's going to rule on his taxes and Mueller. Idiot.

I wouldn't think that. Not sure why anyone would think that.

There really are Obama judges.

elena-kagan-560228-1-402.jpg

staci-m-yandle21.jpg

alison-nathan.jpg

All people worthy of hell given their hate for god and their homosexual promotion and behavior. Now i dont believe in hell but still. You can tell these obama judges are far left and probably promote tranny stuff too and islam. I bet they all favor gay marriage and gay adoption which is strictly against the bible and gods world view. They also probably support open borders and abortion on demand!

Good for him to say so. But it's also a little bit too late.

It's one thing to allege that a judge reads the law liberally or conservatively. Scalia or the 9th Circuit. That's fine, judges can interpret aspects of the law individually based on which cases they find more persuasive. It's another thing to imply that a judge is a mouthpiece for someone specific.

A liberal/conservative judge can still be fair within their understanding of law. A Obama judge or a Trump judge can't be fair because they are, implicitly, biased towards a person, not a judicial philosophy.

Dumpy wants to be a dictator soooooo badly.

trump_dictator.jpg

Since Roberts didn't tweet out his statement, does it really count?

Obama judges all tend to hate God and the Bible.

Social Justice and LGBTQ is how they make rulings.
"I love the bible. No one loves the bible more than me. Everyone says so."

Donald "2 Corinthians" Drump

<{1-1}>

Back