As their careers wind down,Which Pride legends had the best career post the buy out?

It's pretty close between Page, Shogun, Hendo and Fedor.

Page had a really great start securing the LHW throne and defending against Hendo who himself was coming into the UFC with some great credentials from Pride. He still looked competitive but then had a pretty steady and consistent decline starting with his A-Team involvement and subsequent loss to Rashad.

Shogun started off very slowly, looking like a shell of his former self. Still his win over Machida (who at that point was looking unbeatable) really proved that he was one of the top LHWs in the world (plus brutal knockouts of Chuck and Forrest).

Fedor, while never appearing in the UFC, immediately dispatched of 2 of the UFC's prior top talents (while they were still relevent). Of course the HW division improved very quickly and Fedor fell off very fast after his loss to Werdum.

Hendo, while failing to secure UFC titles, only got better with age. The only man on this list who is still in title talks at LHW Hendo has wins over Palhares, Franklin, Bisping, Babalu, Feijao, Fedor, and Shogun post Pride. Pretty damn impressive considering his advanced age.

Lol at Fedor. Name one good opponent he beat post pride. By good I mean was good before AND after he fought them

Lol at Fedor. Name one good opponent he beat post pride. By good I mean was good before AND after he fought them

Arlovski, Sylvia? both in the top 5 at the time.

No one questioned them as competition at the time, people were glad to see those fights.

Sylvia was top 5, Arlovski was #2 and Rogers was top 10. That's some dumbass logic you got there.

Sylvia was top 5, Arlovski was #2 and Rogers was top 10. That's some dumbass logic you got there.

Yes it is, Fedor destroyed Sylvia and Arlovski so badly they were never the same again, and somehow that makes it less impressive? GTFO, Sylvia had just fought for the interim title and was beating up Big Nog till the submission, Arlovski was universally recognized as the number 2 guy in the world, the last time Fedor fought a guy similar to Arlvoski that was in the top 3 was Cro Cop. Fedor vs Arlovski was a huge fight.

I think it is Rampage or Henderson, it really depends on if you care more about top wins or the belt, Henderson has more top wins post pride but didn't get the belt and he lost a close decision to Rampage, IMO its a coin toss between the two.

Hendo for currently still being relevant.

Then Shogun for getting belt.

Then Rampage for getting belt.

Then Big Nog for getting interim belt.

Best post buy out career.

Hendo/Shogun - Both still relevant and both have had a title (counting SF here).

Worst post buy out career.

Fedor - 3 and 3 with 3 straight losses (I'm not even going to put in his last 3 freak show fights).

(Honorable mention) Wand - Destroyer of Worlds in Pride, to 3 - 5 in the UFC.

Werdum has had a pretty good career post-pride.

First man to defeat Fedor.

Wins over Gonzaga, Vera, Antonio Silva, Nelson, Russow, and Mike Kyle.

Page at this point and it isn't even close.

Big Nog and Shogun is clearly behind.

If Hendo goes on to beat Machida then Jones for the belt? It's clearly him.

Dan Henderson and Machida. They are both still legit threats to their division. More so than anyone else. Sure guys like Rampage and Shogun had more success at first in comparison to Hendo, but lately they have been lacking. He'll, Shogun and Rampage are probably about a loss away from MMA fans writing them off and wishing they'd retire, and Fedor already has. Hendo on the other hand is in title contention.

As far as Machida goes, not much needs to be said here. FOrmer champ and his only losses have been in title fights with the exception of the BS loss to Rampage. He's currently in title contention with Hendo .

Last edited:
Dan Henderson and Machida. They are both still legit threads to their division. More so than anyone else. Sure guys like Rampage and Shogun had more success at first in comparison to Hendo, but lately they have been lacking. He'll, Shogun and Rampage are probably about a loss away from MMA fans writing them off and wishing they'd retire, and Fedor already has. Hendo on the other hand is in title contention.

As far as Machida goes, not much needs to be said here. FOrmer champ and his only losses have been in title fights with the exception of the BS loss to Rampage. He's currently in title contention with Hendo .

Uh...when did Macheeto fight in Pride?

Ooops, for some reason I thought his fight vs BJ was in Pride. It was K1. My bad, fail on my part.

No worries, I thought you might have meant Shogun...believe me, I'm the last one to get uppity on a miss typed post. :redface:

KCCO!

I agree that down the road, when all their careers are over, Hendo will be seen as having done the most. I'm still hoping against hope he can get Jones' belt from him.

Rampage and Shogun both got belts, and Nog got the interim. If, and I emphasize if, Hendo can beat Machida and tehn upset Jones, he will be the clear winner.

Hendo seems to be the only Pride guy with any remaining potential to get a belt IMO.

Back