As the Years Go By, There's Less & Less...

SuperBadAzz

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Fights outside the UFC I'd care to see. The only fight I'd REALLY like to see that could be set up outside the UFC is Askren/Palhares. Idk if it's the UFC's marketing, lack of talent in other orgs, or if the UFC is just doing a much better job of signing every talented fighter out there. Anyone else noticing this?

there still r some cool fights out there

Tito vs Bonnar and Mo vs Rampage not doing it for you?

I agree strikeforce was pretty much the last mma outside the UFC that i really cared for. When strikeforce got bought out of nowhere that was pretty much the finalization of the monopoly

Shields vs Askren and/or Palhares is good.

Bellators british invasion show has a lot of good ones.

Liam McGreary vs Emanuel Newton is a fight i'm looking forward to a lot, it will let us know if McGreary is good or elite.

Douglas Lima looks like a stud and is fighting Paul Dailey - Lima should win, but Dailey is always dangerous with his striking.

Plus anytime Michael Venom Page, Justin Gaethje, Bubba Jenkins, or Darrion Caldwell enters the cage i'm excited to watch.

Just monopoly things...

But the question is: are all of the UFC events making up for the ones you don't see anymore from other orgs?

Shields vs Askren and/or Palhares is good.

Bellators british invasion show has a lot of good ones.

Liam McGreary vs Emanuel Newton is a fight i'm looking forward to a lot, it will let us know if McGreary is good or elite.

Douglas Lima looks like a stud and is fighting Paul Dailey - Lima should win, but Dailey is always dangerous with his striking.

Plus anytime Michael Venom Page, Justin Gaethje, Bubba Jenkins, or Darrion Caldwell enters the cage i'm excited to watch.
Just came across Justin gaethje on fight finder. Guy looks pretty impressive 13-0,10 KO/TKOs Ill be watching out for him in the future.

So is the NFL a monopoly? How bout the NBA? We want all the fighters under 1 umbrella.... get over it

you just dont have as much time ....

no one really starts in UFC, they start in smaller promotions. if you have time to watch stars build themselves outside of UFC, you'd appreciate them that much more when you see them finally get to UFC.

IMO Bellator is still good, each time i watch their shows

UFC just has the money for marketing
There are amazing fighters in many orgs

2lmt1rn.jpg

Funny, I find there are fewer & fewer fights inside the UFC I care to see.

Just came across Justin gaethje on fight finder. Guy looks pretty impressive 13-0,10 KO/TKOs Ill be watching out for him in the future.

Almost all of his fights are on youtube, but here is a highlight of them. He is a lot of fun to watch for sure.

[YT]RiIzm47tJ1s[/YT]

So is the NFL a monopoly? How bout the NBA? We want all the fighters under 1 umbrella.... get over it

No, because you can join dozens if not hundreds of other teams.

Not to mention College Football is probably more popular than the NFL.

No, because you can join dozens if not hundreds of other teams.

Not to mention College Football is probably more popular than the NFL.

Yep in the UFC there is one man signing out paychecks in the NFL there are 32 teams all going for the same player; in the NBA 30 teams plus a decent overseas league. Plus there is no such thing as a championship clause that prevents a guy like Suh from leaving Detroit at the end of this season even if the Lions win the superbowl.

Lima/Koreshkov/Page?
Dantas/Moraes?
Warren/Silva 2?
Brooks/Gaethje?
Sarnavskiy/Awad?
Pitbull/Curran/Straus 3?
Chandler/Held 2?
McGeary/Spong/Newton?
Minakov/Kharitonov?
Khalidov/Vasilevsky/Halsey?
Shlemenko/170-185 lb strikers
Palhares/Askren.

There are some there. Your indifference is feeding your ignorance somewhat.

But there's been a reduction of talent recently, of course. It's the UFC's competitiveness and sabotaging, as well as a change in the #2's philosophy to be more short-sighted.

There are a lot of fights in the UFC I'm excited to see. But sadly we don't see them often due to injuries or the UFC having so many conflicts of interests. It's more the latter. The former is more of an excuse. Injuries are always an issue in combat sports. They were in 2012 too. Just gotta have backup plans and fill out cards with names and top prospects. But they don't out of their interest to expand internationally, extract every dollar they can (which has obviously backfired), and notion that they can sell cards on the UFC name alone.

Back