As soon as Khabib gets a hold of Conor, it's over.

Khabib is a world class operator, but conor is going to stop him

Nothing is true about what you said. You’re leaving out a lot of context. What kind of tear first of all? Partially MAYBE. Mendes was busted for a growth hormone releasing hormone, not steroids. And how the fuck is it short notice for Conor who had a full camp? Mendes was the one truly on short notice. My apologies...you got the round right.
jon-jones-crying-press-conference-doping.jpg

No Conor is an amazing grappler and striker with unbelievable movement and he will destroy Khabib everywhere in the fight.

*looks excitedly as Mcgregor fans bet stupid money and make Khabib an underdog*

Mendes took Conor down easily, but Mendes is better than Khabib at takedowns. Khabib will have more trouble taking Conor down.

On the ground, Conor defended very well against Mendes, but Khabib is better at control and GnP than Mendes. So Conor can't count on doing nearly as well on the ground as he did against Mendes (he hit Mendes with a lot of hard elbows from guard).

So Conor's takedown defense will be much more important here, and he has a good chance of keeping the fight standing for a good portion of it. He has to, because it really is over if Khabib keeps him on the ground for a long time. It's an interesting fight.

Because Khabib is such a prolific finisher

Conor would be easier to finish on the ground than someone with excellent cardio—he will be prone to mistakes when exhausted. For the sake of Conor fans, he better finish early, because if they are grappling past the 3rd round, it could be ugly for Conor. I’d be less worried about Conor on the ground if better cardio. Objectively, I could see either scenario happening, where either Conor finishes early or Khabib finishes late. They both have a very possible path to victory.

“as soon as Khabib gets a hold of Conor it’s over”

but Khabib gets a hold of nearly all of his opponents within the first round yet ONLY ONE first round finish in his ten fights in the UFC.

You want to say he hurts his opponents so badly that even if they survive the first round they’re pretty much done for and yet Khabib has ONLY ONE second round finish.

Khabib is a baaad man, but his myth has surpassed his might.

This fight is a toss up and the recent poll of which around 1000ppl on this site have voted sees it 55/45 in favor of Khabib. I think that’s a fair spread.

This is not mentioned often enough. For all of his talk outside of and aggression in the cage, dude either can not, or doesn’t care to make the effort to, finish a fight. His gnp skill and technique is clearly top notch, but to be so clearly ahead of his opponents in skill, why on earth is he not getting finishes through his “intense” gnp?

Last edited:
I hope he actually tries to finish instead of smacking him around for multiple rounds (said he would pass on the submission If presented). That could backfire.

(Yes another Khabib vs. Conor thread)
Now, I'm not gonna be a shit head and just act like Conor isn't 100% dangerous. Conor can 100% starch Khabib, I personally don't think he will, but we'll see.

One thing is for sure tho, as soon as Khabib even clinches with Conor, Conor's fucked. He will never get up.

I think if Khabib gets him down in the 1st, Conor will be gassed, and dazed from the pounding.

I can't believe Conor fans think he can even hold his own against Khabib with the grappling, just because he's a fuckin brown belt, but he can put him out with that left hand.
Even if he does get conor down in the first. The 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th round start standing. Conor will always be dangerous on the feet. I think this is a hard fight for Khabib to win

You mean a guy who is is unable to finish guys on the ground who had a comparable ground game to Conor?

I didn't have a dog in this fight, but the delusional Khabib fans who think that he's suddenly going to learn how to finish guys on the ground makes me want to see Conor KO him, and I think he will.

Khabib is one dimensional, even on the ground.

You mean a guy who is is unable to finish guys on the ground who had a comparable ground game to Conor?

I didn't have a dog in this fight, but the delusional Khabib fans who think that he's suddenly going to learn how to finish guys on the ground makes me want to see Conor KO him, and I think he will.

Khabib is one dimensional, even on the ground.
lol

Just like Mendes, right?

mendes-mcgregor.0.0.jpg

Chad-Mendes.png

Stupid Conor haters.
Mendes with 2 weeks to get ready. It doesn't matter who it is, 2 weeks isn't enough time. If the Patriots don't make the playoffs, then 4 weeks later the team representing the AFC suddenly disappears 2 weeks before the Super Bowl, and you tell the Patriots to get ready, are they gonna be full strength? Fuck no. People who hold the Mendes victory up as some crown jewel of Conors career because "hurr durr my boyfriend was on the ground but he got up and won" are absolute morons.

Where does this myth that Khabib always gets the takedown comes from?

He very often need to fight hard for it. To his credit, he never stop trying. He chain together takedown attempt after takedown attempt. And by never stop trying, and because of his crazy fight tempo, he gets it in the end.

It works best against bully strikers. With that i mean aggressive power strikers who fight going forward. They dont like to go backward.

Conor is a aggressive counter striker.. That may be bad news for Khabib.

My point is that its NOT that simple as Khabib getting a takedown right away.

He will gonna have to fight for it.

And thats gonna be VERY dangerous the first two or three rounds.
dangerous for 2 or 3 rounds, hahahahaha. mcgregor only has 1.5 round cardio, that is a fact

Conor does an Ezekiel choke, calf slicer or he throws up a triangle. Depends how khabib wants to lose really. Conor so talented. So brave an inspiration.

Jk hope Khabib slams Conor like Travis Fulton, Daniel Cormier did to guys or even like how Mark Colemn did to Shogun.

Mendes with 2 weeks to get ready. It doesn't matter who it is, 2 weeks isn't enough time. If the Patriots don't make the playoffs, then 4 weeks later the team representing the AFC suddenly disappears 2 weeks before the Super Bowl, and you tell the Patriots to get ready, are they gonna be full strength? Fuck no. People who hold the Mendes victory up as some crown jewel of Conors career because "hurr durr my boyfriend was on the ground but he got up and won" are absolute morons.

Then don’t sign the fight.

Conor went from fighting the best striker at FW, to one of the best wrestlers on two weeks notice as well.

F*** outta here with your built in excuses.

(Yes another Khabib vs. Conor thread)
Now, I'm not gonna be a shit head and just act like Conor isn't 100% dangerous. Conor can 100% starch Khabib, I personally don't think he will, but we'll see.

One thing is for sure tho, as soon as Khabib even clinches with Conor, Conor's fucked. He will never get up.

I think if Khabib gets him down in the 1st, Conor will be gassed, and dazed from the pounding.

I can't believe Conor fans think he can even hold his own against Khabib with the grappling, just because he's a fuckin brown belt, but he can put him out with that left hand.

Do you mean if Khabib gets a hold of Conor he will finish Conor in the first round or do you mean if Khabib gets a hold of Conor in every single round Khabib will win a decision?

This is a classic "superior grappler" vs. a "superior striker" fight. Either guy can win. Yes, if Khabib gets a hold of him his chances increase every second. Every time a new round starts, Conor has that punchers chance.

Agree with OP, if they spend a lot of time in tight, its going to be a long night for Conor. Khabib gets most of his takedowns from the clinch, in tight and along the fence. You almost never see him shoot for an explosive double leg from range, the way a lot of wrestlers with American collegiate wrestling backgrounds do. Conor should try to keep this fight at range no doubt, and swoop in and out to land shots (the way Machida and other point karate fighters do). He needs to be quick/elusive and not let Khabib get a hold of him. Khabib poses no danger to Conor at range.

Back