Media As Predicted - Tony fight most likely not happening anytime soon

So why did Tony not take the Holloway fight? Was that ever speculated on with any degree of certainty?

I just dont get Twitter. I learned egyptic hyroglyphs once but Twitter is too much for my brain.

Either everyone using it has syntax trauma and broca aphasie or I need to go to twitter university. Please someone nuke their servers.

How he knows?

Thats not what Khabibs team have being saying since he beat Dustin.

My point is that IF there is ANYTHING,like even a proposal,for a fight and Khabib is the one not accepting it,for whatever reason,then show us.
And THEN we can jump on Khabib for not signing it.

Only thing i see here is Smoke but no fire from both sides.

I dont think anyone is accussing Khabib and team of refusing to sign a contract, i believe the accussation from Tony, is that the UFC is trying to side step him, and Khabib and team are playing along.

The negotistions are underway, and Tony and Khabib arent the only fighters involved is Tony's point/concern

Something clearly going on under the rug. I'm not sure what's going on.
Both fighters say they want to fight each other. Dana White says it's the next fight.

Guess we have to wait and see how this develops. Clearly there's something with the negotiations. Maybe UFC lowballing Tony or maybe Tony doesn't want to wait to march - april, maybe Tony doesn't want the fight to happen in Russia.

I think we need Ariel Helwani to bring these guys on his show and do an interrogation.

This probably goes above Dana

Does this look like a man who doesn't want to cash in on the biggest fight in UFC history while it's still relvant?
MK-BR903_ARI_E_20120126201942.jpg

If he doesnt want to fight the rightful contender and instead chase old man GSP, strip his ass.

Who said he didn't want to fight the rightful contender? I'm lost.

So why did Tony not take the Holloway fight? Was that ever speculated on with any degree of certainty?
im still wondering this too. I know he had the mental stuff with his wife getting a restraining order and dana saying tony wasnt in position to fight right now. I also know he changed management shortly after that and I heard stuff online that his management team suggested he turn it down because Dana wouldn't 100% guarantee the winner the next shot at khabib. All I know is that was a fight I wanted very badly and then tony said no and dustin fucked it up for everyone by reminding Max hes not lw champ material.

Only a chicken would fight Conor instead of Tony

Who said he didn't want to fight the rightful contender? I'm lost.
You implied that they should make Gaethje vs Tony next which means the Khabib vs Tony fight aintw happening next.
Im aware that this is just speculation but If that happens that meansw Khabib is chasing money fights.

Khabib want that conor paycheck in moscow , fighting for legacy my ass

Tony talking shit on Twitter and don't want the fight.

Tony is the one still calling out McGregor. Tony is the one called out McGregor after ufc 229. You tony fans are pathetic.

Tony blew it the last time. Khabib made weight and was ready to go. He is to be blamed for why the fight did not happen.

Will Tony Ferguson EVER compete for the true, real UFC Lightweight World Championship?

Hopefully, Tony Ferguson will have his title shot before the year 2024.

I dont think anyone is accussing Khabib and team of refusing to sign a contract, i believe the accussation from Tony, is that the UFC is trying to side step him, and Khabib and team are playing along.

The negotistions are underway, and Tony and Khabib arent the only fighters involved is Tony's point/concern
Its the same same then.
Khabib ,his father and the weirdo agent said Tony is next.
If DFW/WME is trying to push for a rematch with Connie first,then Tony should direct his indignation at the UFC and that’s all.
Or do you think that had they offered Connie to him he would say no?

Most likely Khabib will be rematching Conor sometime next year, and then probably retiring after that.

I think it's hilarious that so many are convinced that it's absolutely going to be Tony next. Conor's probably due for a pay day, and if he says he wants it, the UFC won't hesitate to make everyone else wait.

He was stripped by his interim belt wrongfully and then asked to fight for it again....... how much more insulting can Dana be to him?

Just set up an interim title between Gaethje and Tony. Whatever. I just want to see these guys fight.

Back