As of September 25, 2016, there have been 3879 fights held by the UFC - Fun Facts about UFN 95!

I think it looks more like a reverse RNC
I see a lot of this Bulldog Choke gif below in the Yancy choke, which is why I'm fine bumping it to a Bulldog.

raquel_pennington_defeats_ashlee_evans_smith_gif_by_micku_kun-d895157.gif

UFC 203 results have been added.

Fun facts about UFN 94:

Perez vs Morales gave us just the 26th draw in UFC history, and the 11th Majority Draw. Perez was deducted one point for hitting Morales after the bell at the end of round 2.

Draws make up .67% of all fight results in UFC history.

Two Anaconda Chokes were used to finish fights for the 12th and 13th Anacondas in company history. Prior to this card, there had never been two Anaconda Chokes recorded at one event before.

Two Technical Submissions were recorded, bringing the total to 60. Additionally, there have never been two technical submissions back to back in UFC history. There have been multiple technical submissions on a single card before, including UFC 109, UFC 165, UFN 34, UFC 173, and UFC 177.

The Technical Submission via Anaconda Choke is the third of its kind in UFC history. The Technical Submission via Guillotine Choke is the 11th occurrence in the UFC.

Antonio Carlos Junior's use of Chubby Checker as an entrance music artist is the first use of his music in company history.

Eminem went 1-1 at this event, with Evan Dunham picking up a FOTN Unanimous Decision win using Dead Wrong by Notorious B.I.G. ft. Eminem, and with Chris Wade losing a Unanimous Decision after using Say What You Say by Eminem ft. Dr. Dre.

Islam Makhachev's use of DMX's Intro marks the 21st appearance of that track in the UFC, and fighters using that song have gone 13-8 while using it.

Sam Sicilia used Rage Against the Machine's Sleep Now in the Fire and lost, bringing RATM's record below .500. Rage Against the Machine has been used 37 times in UFC history, with fighters using RATM now going 23-24.

Last edited:
It's also crazy to me there's only been 3 north south chokes? Monson was one of them, right?

Monson is the GOAT at north souths, he keeps pulling them off. They must be pretty hard to get considering how low the number is for them in the UFC.

I may be wrong but i believe that those 3 are:

Monson against someone i don't remember

Rani Yahya against Josh Grispi

Jake Ellenberger against Josh Koschek

Edit: Monson vs Branden Lee Hinkle

The only one I can remember is Nick Nutter tapping to Igor Vovchanchyn's head butts, but it wasn't UFC
Tai Bowden submitted Jack Nilson by headbutt at 4:46 (of the only round) at Ultimate Ultimate 1996 in Birmingham, AL on December 7th 1996. It was the prelim opener, so it was a dark match. I can't even get pictures of these fighters, that's how obscure it is.

North-South Chokes in the UFC:
Jeff Monson against Branden Lee Hinkle at UFC 57
Rani Yahya against Josh Grispi at UFC on Fox 4
Jake Ellenberger against Josh Koscheck at UFC 184

Nailed it.

UFC Fight Night 95 Cyborg vs Lansberg fun facts!

Fight results:
2 KOs (one by a single punch and one by multiple punches)
2 TKOs (one by punches and one by Doctor Stoppage)
3 Submissions (all 3 by Rear Naked Choke)
6 Unanimous Decisions

The Doctor Stoppage in the Trinaldo/Felder fight marks the 47th time a UFC fight ended by TKO (Doctor Stoppage).

Vicente Luque's one punch KO of Hector Urbina marks the 122nd of its kind in UFC history.

With the three Rear Naked Choke submissions, Rear Naked Chokes improve their lead as the most successful submission to 306 finishes by RNC. The next most used submissions are Guillotine Choke at 156, followed by Armbar at 104.

This card featured three Rear Naked Choke submissions with no other style of submission performed, which is the first time since UFC Fight Night 81 on January 17, 2016 where three or more of the same type of submissions were performed in a night with no other methods of submission.

Judges agreed with each other on the victor of the fight in all six decisions, giving no split or majority verdicts. This is the first time since UFC 200 where there were more than 5 decisions that were all unanimous.

The Prazeras/Burns and Cyborg/Lansberg fights were the 89 and 90th Catchweight fights in UFC history.

The appearance of two catchweight fights on one card has now happened 12 times, at:
UFC 103 (Belfort/Franklin and Griffin/Franca)
UFC 104 (Tibau/Neer and Rumble/Yoshida)
UFC 139 (Torres/Pace and Castillo/Bailey)
UFC 147 (Franklin/Silva and Viana/Teixeira)
UFC on Fox 8 (Castillo/Means and Meza/Albert)
UFC on Fox 12 (Lawler/Brown and Jedrzejczyk/Lima)
UFC 179 (Reis/Jorgensen and Martin/Camoes)
UFC 183 (Woodley/Gastelum and Lineker/McCall)
UFC Fight Night 60 (Kelly/Walsh and Moontasri/Pfister)
UFC 186 (Rampage/Maldonado and Makdessi/Campbell)
UFC Fight Night 68 (Poirier/Medeiros and Quinonez/Morales)
UFC Fight Night 95 (Cyborg/Lansberg and Prazeras/Burns)

Cyborg/Lansberg marks the seventh Women's Catchweight fight in UFC history. If you count Calderwood vs Letourneau's first women's flyweight fight at UFN 89 as a catchweight and not at WFW, it is the 8th.

Roy Nelson's use of Weird Al's Fat is at least the sixth time he has used that track throughout his UFC career, and Roy Nelson is still the only fighter to use Weird Al as a walkout artist.

Unfortunately due to a lack of information, there aren't any more music stats to give you this time.

Back