Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Social As NBA ratings mysteriously fall, UFC ratings rise.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by MigitAs, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Willy Knuckles Brown Belt

A poll of 2,000 people is not going to tell you anything meaningful as far as national interest in something lol you're a clown

2. Revolver you sound poor

3. panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Correct, there's no way millions of people have boycotted the sport. It's fake news. I thought we were going to have an argument about that, glad we don't.

I'm always a fan when people who don't think accuse others of "dishonest" rhetoric. When I lay out a list of reasons why ratings are down but you're not capable of actually researching the topic - "Grrr, I don't like what you said. I know....rhetoric."

[​IMG]

Willy Knuckles likes this.
  4. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

The NBA is still massively popular, but MMA isn't a "fringe" sport. What dumbfounding ignorance. Conor McGregor is #5 on ESPN's Fame 100 list. The former "it" girl of MMA, Gina Carano, is starring in Disney's largest TV enterprise, The Mandalorian, on the strength of her tough girl branding gained from the sport. ESPN itself now has a discrete tab for MMA among the major sports, not in the "Other" section. The website TotalSportek which did the most intelligent analysis of the world's most popular sports three years ago puts MMA at #13, globally.

https://www.joehandpromotions.com/b...rmined that of,most popular sport among males.
    The NBA isn't basketball: just its most prestigious league. The NBA's popularity has been trending downward for several years, and it is cratering after this most recent stunt, which isn't a coincidence any more than depressed viewership following Kaepernick's antics plagued the NFL years ago. To characterize this as the league on the decline while the UFC is on the rise is quite straightforward, and accurate.

5. D3THRONED Brown Belt

Definitely something to it. The NBA has been too political and in your face. While at the same time being complicit in extreme human rights atrocities because “muh” money. Wonder why no ones allowed to wear Hong Kong support oh their jerseys but BLM is?

The NFL while being political at least isn’t too much in your face like the NBA is. Locking arms in solitary isn’t provocative to the average person. The UFC has done the best job by staying out of completely.

ElKarlo likes this.
  6. moosaev Brown Belt

Lol so why did the KC crowd rain down boos on the players that interlocked arms? It was never about kneeling or disrespecting the flag, people in this country get pissed whenever there is acknowledgement that racism exists. That’s what’s it’s all about. The anthem/flag is just a smokescreen.

Also, UFC has been throwing Trump in everybody s face. Dana literally speaks at his rallies, the other day Cejudo, Gaethje, Ali, Covington and Dana attended a rally and broadcast pictures of that. How is that not shoving it in their viewers faces?

7. MaxMMA Brown Belt

Well would would have thunk that a sports league that constantly talks about stuff other than their sport would have a drop in ratings. My mind = blown.

8. Danger Dave Covid cant make it past my 2% alcohol body shield.

he said it will be bigger than football........

[​IMG]

9. Cuttyrock White Belt

Nothing is more subjective than sports... I find it kinda sad but happy that MMA did not have to find there success this way

10. Cuttyrock White Belt

Before any of that hit them its all sports and not just mma

11. Zankou Bringing peace and love Staff Member Senior Moderator

With this response you’ve finally stopped dodging his question about whether you know how polls work.

Madmick likes this.
  12. GoshiShun17 Black Belt

Lol my Dad loves that station. But fuck everyone whining about peace, harmless, completely non distracting protest.

13. Willy Knuckles Brown Belt

How polls work? Lol what does that even mean. Are you trying to say I dont know how they are conducted or that I dont know what the results mean? The amount of sarcasm and pretension in some of these comments is hilarious

14. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

Anyone who understands how polls work is facepalming at your comment.

You're ignorant, so you don't realize how much ignorance you conveyed by making it. It was a real humdinger.

ShadowRun likes this.
  15. Willy Knuckles Brown Belt

Lol and another one. Literally all I said was the opinion of 2000 people doesn't accurately represent the opinions of over a million people, which is the size of the viewing audience in question. All polls arent the same, and shouldn't be taken as fact or unquestioned. Also there's still a thing called a small sample size. Polls can often be used to mislead the reader, and in a lot of cases in the media, they are. Face palm away, you guys still havent shown how what I said was wrong and still haven't even tried to explain "how polls work". Please share

16. Clifford_Harris Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

It's more like you don't know how statistics work because you don't seem to understand a confidence interval for a sample size.

17. Willy Knuckles Brown Belt

Lol nothing indicates the UFC is on the rise. The only indication of that was the TV ratings it had while most major sports were still sidelined. You're making blanket statements like "on the rise" with no context. On the rise from when? As I posted the last time UFC fights were televised, their ratings were 14 out of 150. Behind assassination Classroom which came on at 10am that day. To just say "UFC is rising and other sports are declining" is misleading

18. SmilinDesperado Gold Belt

19. Clifford_Harris Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

lol @ two old geezers Brady and Brees bringing in the numbers.....Brady looked like an older, slower, weaker Jameis.

20. Willy Knuckles Brown Belt

So you think polling 2000 people and making an assumption that over a million people must feel the same way? I dont think you guys know what you're saying lol. Two polls have been posted, 1 is polling 200,000 people and the other is only polling 2,000. These polls are obviously different lol. I'm saying polling 2,000 people to represent the opinions of over a million people isn't accurate at all