As much crap as Usman gets around here he makes for a far better champ than Masvidal would be.

Kwic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Just imagine Masvidal getting the strap.

Dude would probably fight once a year at best, because shit like "No one makes sense, it gotta make sense, it gotta be worthwhile my time. I need to be paid accordingly and once I do, I will baptize all these fools. Bring in Nate, bring in Conor, hell, I heard Ben is having that itch again, he can get it too. #supernecessary"

masvidal-robe-1068x623.jpg

Masvidal has gotten close to Nate at being unbearable. Imagine him being champ, holding the second BMF belt on one shoulder and the real belt on the other.

If you think he is a diva now, just imagine if he became champ.

At least Usman defends pretty often and is quite dominant doing so. With that being said, him calling out Masvidal is obviously weak too, but still.

I never really understood the hate that Usman gets here. He's a wrestler. Of course he's going to go to his bread and butter when he's uncomfortable. But he almost always brings it and sets the pace. Doesn't duck any fights and doesn't pull out all the time. He's a true champion.

Dude would probably fight once a year at best, because shit like "No one makes sense, it gotta make sense, it gotta be worthwhile my time. I need to be paid accordingly and once I do, I will baptize all these fools. Bring in Nate, bring in Conor, hell, I heard Ben is having that itch again, he can get it too. #supernecessary"

Masvidal has gotten close to Nate at being unbearable. Imagine him being champ, holding the second BMF belt on one shoulder and the real belt on the other.

At least Usman defends pretty often and is quite dominant doing so. With that being said, him calling out Masvidal is obviously weak too, but still.

Agree. I actually don't think there is anything wrong with Usman calling out Masvidal. It makes all the more sense to call for a money fight right now when there is no clear #1 contender at 170. What is "weak" is that the fighters in top 5 do not fight each other at all and expect to get TS just because. Much respect to Burns who at least had the balls to call out Colby.

Agree. I actually don't think there is anything wrong with Usman calling out Masvidal. It makes all the more sense to call for a money fight right now when there is no clear #1 contender at 170. What is "weak" is that the fighters in top 5 do not fight each other at all and expect to get TS just because. Much respect to Burns who at least had the balls to call out Colby.

Indeed, I think Usman has earnt the right to a money fight when nobody else has really staked a claim for a shot.

I suspect if Jorge won the belt he would be more active, without it I think he was waiting for someone like Diaz who could draw.

It's very dragging especially right now because they're betting on the Masvidal getting the shot over anyone without having to fight, which is smart because he probably will get it. If Masvidal wins he will have all the leverage and so at least making the next fight should be a lot easier. It sucks for the fans, but I can't knock him at all for doing it. I don't see why would he should care about fans that don't bring nothing to his table.

I hope he continues to finish people, his finish ratio until recently was horrendous.

true words

It would be fucking epic though if Jorge somehow won the belt after all these years. True cinderella story. How long has he been in the game again?

Currently ranked welterweights Masvidal beat:

Michael Chiesa

Since Usman won the title on March 2, 2019, he has defended it 3 times.

1. Covington
2. Masvidal
3. Burns

Over that same time period, Masvidal has fought 4 times.

1. Till
2. Askren
3. Diaz
4. Usman

Give Masvidal more than 6 days to train and lets see what happens...

It would be fucking epic though if Jorge somehow won the belt after all these years. True cinderella story. How long has he been in the game again?

He's be like Bisping that way. Never the best but pretty good and could win a title if things go just right. Jorge has never had the silver spoon path that Bisping did though. He's only now seeing bigger purses so hard to blame him for trying to maximize his worth.

I never really understood the hate that Usman gets here. He's a wrestler. Of course he's going to go to his bread and butter when he's uncomfortable. But he almost always brings it and sets the pace. Doesn't duck any fights and doesn't pull out all the time. He's a true champion.

It's pretty impressive that he has been winning some fights by using his striking. He's an evolved allround fighter now. Very tough to beat him.

Usman for the most part has good character. No one is perfect so I do not look for people's flaws. Emotions change when your putting you life on the line in the cage. Most MMA fighters in person are good people. They go to work like us all, but we get to judge them by every little action. They are in a business the public gets to watch.

Agreed, Usman is the definition of what a champ should be. I don’t get some people on the site, they would rather critique him on the things he says and his personality rather than his actions.

Last edited:
Masvidal would wanna fight Khabib and Izzy, though. We'd have a ton of heat at every turn. And it's precisely cause he's more beatable than Usman that we'd have a greater chance at fun match ups. Guys would throw themselves at him. Meanwhile Usman's giving away title shots and not nearly as many are biting. But, yeah, he keeps taking on everyone, no matter how known. Deserves kudos for that.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back