As much as I love Anderson...

Some may even say that Anderson beat himself more than Weidman ever did.
Everyone talks about Anderson being older & slower, however the fact remains that after being the champ for 7 years & defending the belt 10 times, one would think the man would be less than interested anymore to keep going after all he has accomplished.
He obviously didn't give a shit anymore & totally disrespected Chris in the 1st fight by clowning & he paid for it big time.
The 2nd fight, he simply wasn't Anderson anymore, didn't have that intimidating mental aura about him & he was nervous as fuck!

By the way, I'm not sure if this has ever been mentioned ever in Sherdog & I don't mean to sound racist at all, so don't cry if u think I am, but...
I bet all White-Anglo Redneck American MMA fans were literately dying to have a new 100% 'White' champion since GSP retired (despite doing so after Weidman became champ) & were scared as fuck that the sport would be totally dominated by Brazilians, African-Americans or Latinos/Hispanics!
Everyone knows this is true, yet too scared to say jack shit about it!
Having mentioned this, I honestly believe we will never see any 'white' personalities/champions like Chuck, Randy, Brock, etc who helped grow the sport... Not for a very long time to come.

Back