As much as I hate to say it ...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Paramount, Aug 11, 2015.

  1. Paramount

    Paramount Orange Belt

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2015
    Messages:
    388
    Likes Received:
    275
    I can't picture Jon Jones losing in a fight against Chris Weidman. I would love to see a super fight between these two. I cannot imagine Jones losing though.

    What are the odds in this fight?

    I give Jones 70% chance, Chris 30% chance.
     
  2. bigwaverider

    bigwaverider ✌️ SHOOP MOD ✌️ Staff Member Senior Moderator

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2013
    Messages:
    9,830
    Likes Received:
    75,493
    Location:
    Kingdom of Hawai`i
    At catch-weight it's anyone's game.
     
  3. psychodad

    psychodad Brown Belt

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2012
    Messages:
    4,379
    Likes Received:
    29
    Fans would win. That would be an insane fight to watch, two guys who don't give up or back down. Chris via KO power or Jones via doctor stoppage. There would be blood, from both.
     
  4. biscuitsbrah

    biscuitsbrah Red Belt

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2013
    Messages:
    7,588
    Likes Received:
    3,902
    Jones is not making anything lower than 205...
     
  5. DaRealMVP

    DaRealMVP White Belt

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2015
    Messages:
    126
    Likes Received:
    113
    Location:
    Texas
    Monster fight, I would enjoy.
     
  6. Reach4theSky

    Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2006
    Messages:
    15,650
    Likes Received:
    63,634
    Location:
    10th Island
    Jones would win imo. This is a fight that may actually happen. Chris has talked about clearing out his division then aiming his sites on a super fight or two.
     
  7. SoberAwakening

    SoberAwakening Black Belt

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2014
    Messages:
    6,915
    Likes Received:
    10,543
    Location:
    Las Vegas
    That's because Jon doesn't lose that fight. I'm not sure at even how competitive it would be. Chris has many strengths, and his will is second to none, but everything he is good at, Jon is great at. I think his best chance would be a possible submission, or just a clean shot to Jon's jaw. It'll be interesting to see two guys who are typically the aggressor in a fight go up against each other though.
     
  8. Zefram Cochrane

    Zefram Cochrane Follow me on Pictogram

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2015
    Messages:
    10,078
    Likes Received:
    17,190
    Location:
    Bozeman, Montana.
    of course he wins that fight
     
  9. SeattleFightFan

    SeattleFightFan Steel Belt

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2004
    Messages:
    28,941
    Likes Received:
    10,578
    a) superfights don't happen. oh sure, they once happened. mostly in Japan. once when BJ fought Hughes. and yet people create threads about them as if they're actually common.
    b) JJ is basically retired. he may come out of retirement some day.
    c) Weidman fights at 185.

    wait, why is this being discussed? Rickson by armbar.
     
  10. georgejjr

    georgejjr Black Belt

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2006
    Messages:
    5,857
    Likes Received:
    13
    Jones wins and easily. If he ever fights again. Which I wouldn't bet on.
     
  11. Alphaboy

    Alphaboy Red Belt

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2015
    Messages:
    9,518
    Likes Received:
    16,913
    Sigh...

    I hope we don't get an "out of prime" Jones. I say this because when Mike Tyson returned to boxing after getting into trouble, he was never the same.

    That said, I think a prime Jones would crush Weidman... Not to take anything away from the MW champ though!
     
  12. Jon Lock

    Jon Lock Purple Belt

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2015
    Messages:
    1,512
    Likes Received:
    948
    Jones via what he wants
     
  13. ajwbjj87

    ajwbjj87 Black Belt

    Joined:
    May 9, 2011
    Messages:
    7,198
    Likes Received:
    1,622
    Location:
    Saskatchewan
    JJ retired? The guy is 28 no chance in hell he is practically retired, he's probably waiting to wrap up his legal troubles, drop into rehab for an hour or so and BOOM! Back at Jackson's waiting to take his belt back
     
  14. SeattleFightFan

    SeattleFightFan Steel Belt

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2004
    Messages:
    28,941
    Likes Received:
    10,578
    Haitus. Sabbatical. Nitpick. He ain't fighting right now. He may fight again.
     
  15. 613

    613 Gold Belt

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2011
    Messages:
    16,210
    Likes Received:
    14,115
    He has started his cut as low as 217LB before. He could easily cut to 195LBs when you see what some guys are cutting. Its a pretty huge myth that Jones cuts allot of weight.


    If they ever did fight, Jones would murder Weidman though
     
  16. 613

    613 Gold Belt

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2011
    Messages:
    16,210
    Likes Received:
    14,115
    True (same with Ali), but he also started actually boxing great boxers.
     
  17. Actualized174

    Actualized174 Black Belt

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2010
    Messages:
    5,288
    Likes Received:
    4,496
    Jon Jones is twice the athlete and fighter that Chris Weidman will ever be.
     
  18. BonesNose**

    BonesNose** Banned Banned

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2015
    Messages:
    3,083
    Likes Received:
    121
    Location:
    Maximum security jail
    It's even more amazing considering his abnormally low testosterone levels...oh wai-
     
  19. Tsar

    Tsar Brown Belt

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2006
    Messages:
    4,625
    Likes Received:
    978
    yeah, that retirement talk seemed to have been floated to remind the ufc that he's a big cash cow at a time when he was just formally suspended by the org. the ufc wants him back, and he's got a lot more money to make.
     
  20. Speckoh

    Speckoh Orange Belt

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2015
    Messages:
    483
    Likes Received:
    56
    Jones should come back and fight at HW. I'm perfectly fine with him not fighting at lhw anymore. Guy has nothing left to prove in that division.

    Unless of course, Daniel starts running his mouth.
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.