As much as I hate to say it ...

Paramount

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I can't picture Jon Jones losing in a fight against Chris Weidman. I would love to see a super fight between these two. I cannot imagine Jones losing though.

What are the odds in this fight?

I give Jones 70% chance, Chris 30% chance.

At catch-weight it's anyone's game.

Fans would win. That would be an insane fight to watch, two guys who don't give up or back down. Chris via KO power or Jones via doctor stoppage. There would be blood, from both.

Jones would win imo. This is a fight that may actually happen. Chris has talked about clearing out his division then aiming his sites on a super fight or two.

That's because Jon doesn't lose that fight. I'm not sure at even how competitive it would be. Chris has many strengths, and his will is second to none, but everything he is good at, Jon is great at. I think his best chance would be a possible submission, or just a clean shot to Jon's jaw. It'll be interesting to see two guys who are typically the aggressor in a fight go up against each other though.

a) superfights don't happen. oh sure, they once happened. mostly in Japan. once when BJ fought Hughes. and yet people create threads about them as if they're actually common.
b) JJ is basically retired. he may come out of retirement some day.
c) Weidman fights at 185.

wait, why is this being discussed? Rickson by armbar.

Jones wins and easily. If he ever fights again. Which I wouldn't bet on.

Sigh...

I hope we don't get an "out of prime" Jones. I say this because when Mike Tyson returned to boxing after getting into trouble, he was never the same.

That said, I think a prime Jones would crush Weidman... Not to take anything away from the MW champ though!

a) superfights don't happen. oh sure, they once happened. mostly in Japan. once when BJ fought Hughes. and yet people create threads about them as if they're actually common.
b) JJ is basically retired. he may come out of retirement some day.
c) Weidman fights at 185.

wait, why is this being discussed? Rickson by armbar.

JJ retired? The guy is 28 no chance in hell he is practically retired, he's probably waiting to wrap up his legal troubles, drop into rehab for an hour or so and BOOM! Back at Jackson's waiting to take his belt back

JJ retired? The guy is 28 no chance in hell he is practically retired, he's probably waiting to wrap up his legal troubles, drop into rehab for an hour or so and BOOM! Back at Jackson's waiting to take his belt back

Haitus. Sabbatical. Nitpick. He ain't fighting right now. He may fight again.

Jones is not making anything lower than 205...

He has started his cut as low as 217LB before. He could easily cut to 195LBs when you see what some guys are cutting. Its a pretty huge myth that Jones cuts allot of weight.

If they ever did fight, Jones would murder Weidman though

Sigh...

I hope we don't get an "out of prime" Jones. I say this because when Mike Tyson returned to boxing after getting into trouble, he was never the same.

That said, I think a prime Jones would crush Weidman... Not to take anything away from the MW champ though!

True (same with Ali), but he also started actually boxing great boxers.

Jon Jones is twice the athlete and fighter that Chris Weidman will ever be.

yeah, that retirement talk seemed to have been floated to remind the ufc that he's a big cash cow at a time when he was just formally suspended by the org. the ufc wants him back, and he's got a lot more money to make.

Jones should come back and fight at HW. I'm perfectly fine with him not fighting at lhw anymore. Guy has nothing left to prove in that division.

Unless of course, Daniel starts running his mouth.

Back