Economy As Donald Distracts with Racist Sideshow, GOP Pushes Plutocratic Agenda

I read the Vox article on that and knew there'd be a thread. The whole combination of things is awful. Racist rhetoric on the front end, elitism on the back end. Meanwhile, his supporters will defend both sets of actions so that they can avoid having to admit that he's fucking up almost everything he touches.

That phrase "Cutting off your nose to spite your face." is sadly appropriate here.

And, as always, my personal gripe is about how GOP leadership is letting it happen. Abandoning their moral responsibility to the nation.
they have moral leadership to abandon?

Lol you Trumptards are a special kind of idiot. Keep listening to the Trump/foxnews dog whistles though, they sure know how to play your deep insecurities in order to keep their brands in business!
Your own party admits Trump played them

Hahaha, you need to wake up

Yes @luckyshot distraction is a big part.

While people are distracted they are also gutting all the Institutional checks and balances within various gov't Institutions.

Agency by agency that has typically had to assess and approve big development projects, deal with environmental issues and more are all being completely hollowed out by the Trump appointees who are leaving jobs as lobbyists for industries and Trump is now making them the head of the gov't body regulating those industries.

It is clear the goal is to clear out the knowledge base. If you don't have the long serving scientists and employees the ability to argue against big corporate pushes is far more difficult. If you do not have the long serving scientists and employees, there is less likely to be someone who steps up and fights for what is right instead of turning a blind eye.

The Interior Department and USDA are in the sights right now. Both departments told without pre warning that the agencies will be moved to other States and all employees must give notice within 30 days as to whether they will move or they will be packaged out. Expectations are that less than 20% will move and these agencies will lose most of all its brain trust for the Trump appointees (former lobbyist) to then fill in the new regions.

Jake Tapper of CNN is a legit source now?

When he's speaking about anonymous sources who refuse to be named? That's a valid source for articles, now?

And you've always been consistent about supporting CNN and reporters using anonymous sources, right?
Vox is solid, though

While people are distracted they are also gutting all the Institutional checks and balances within various gov't Institutions.

Agency by agency that has typically had to assess and approve big development projects, deal with environmental issues and more are all being completely hollowed out by the Trump appointees who are leaving jobs as lobbyists for industries and Trump is now making them the head of the gov't body regulating those industries.

It is clear the goal is to clear out the knowledge base. If you don't have the long serving scientists and employees the ability to argue against big corporate pushes is far more difficult. If you do not have the long serving scientists and employees, there is less likely to be someone who steps up and fights for what is right instead of turning a blind eye.

The Interior Department and USDA are in the sights right now. Both departments told without pre warning that the agencies will be moved to other States and all employees must give notice within 30 days as to whether they will move or they will be packaged out. Expectations are that less than 20% will move and these agencies will lose most of all its brain trust for the Trump appointees (former lobbyist) to then fill in the new regions.
Added to Op.

Fucking awful.

Trump promised universal health care? When did that happen? I don't think thats even true.

Ps you sound desperately triggered

Ps thinking the tweets were a distraction is silly and delusional
God you are stupid but worse you are ignorant.

It is always the ones shouting the loudest that everyone else is wrong who actually know the least about what they are talking about.

Here's an article if you have not seen it.

Controversial agency relocation slammed as attack on science by lawmakers, employees
Critics of the Trump administration's efforts say the decision is politically motivated.

Employees and Democratic lawmakers are pushing back on the Trump administration’s plans to relocate hundreds of positions within two agencies outside of Washington, D.C. — a move some see as an effort to clamp down on science.

While the planned moves of both the Interior Department’s Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and parts of the Department of Agriculture (USDA) differ in their scope and rationale, resistance to both plans has shaped up similarly.

Critics are expressing concern over the motivations behind the efforts, which would lead to a mass-exodus of agency experts unwilling to relocate. This would spur a science brain drain in line with President Donald Trump’s crackdown on reports and research from within his own government.

“These decisions… are meant to displace seasoned scientists and regulators who have honorably served Republican and Democratic Administrations alike,”...

------------

David Bernhardt who Trump pulled out of his lobbyist job for the oil industry is now the States Secretary of the Interior tasked with holding that industry to account.

I don't think the left over blows much at all to do with Trump. If you cant see what is being lost when out president acts and speaks the way he does maybe you never had it to lose.

I think Trump is bringing the whole county down. He almost got me too but I caught it. I refuse to hate or be angry at the people who are supporting him.
I don't hate people who are on the other side either. I actually voted for Obama the first time. Personally, I think people get too focused on what what Trump says and not on what he actually does. Most of what he's done is pretty standard Reaganesque Conservative Policies. Tax Cuts for Businesses, less Govt. Regulation, building up the military etc. Conservative policies have boosted the economy and we are looking at really good uneployment numbers for minorities and women, there's been wage growth in the lower and middle income sector, and a lot of recent College Grads have had jobs lined up even before they graduated. As far as Border enforcement, it used to be a Democrat policy too until Trump got elected. There are videos of Obama talking about Illegal immigration that you would think were Trump talking!

I have kids in college and it wasn't that long ago, they wouldn't have been able to get a job when they graduate. So in the end, that's why I moved over to the Conservative party. It's all about the economy for me and if the current crop of Democrats get into the WH I think their policies would be worse for the economy than what the Republicans are doing. So that's my bottom line. Just my opinion of course, but I have to do what I think is best for my kids.

Last edited:
Back