As anyone tried the stepping right?

HOMEtrained23

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm talking about in ANY situation, ring or street. It's where you are in an orthodox stance and you step with your right foot and as soon as that foot lands you throw your chamberd right? Or is that hard to understand?

In boxing terms, you're talking about stepping forward into switch-stance and throwing a jab from the new lead hand.

It can be useful if you're chasing somebody around, but it's slow as hell because you have to move your whole body, plus your defense sucks because you go from one stance through squared stance to the other. So it has some application, but not much I would say -- only when the other guy is on his bike and backing away.

I kinda figured it would probably only work on a runner, or maybe somebody that you just rocked?

Yeah. Say you're throwing a combination at a guy and, being a boxer, he sidesteps away from your power hand and gets out of reach. Sometimes it is useful to take a step after him into switchstance and throw a jab just to keep him moving in a straight line, so you can corner him and unload. Basically it is a "chasing" move.

i think thats what led to me making the water in the ear thread.

Back