As an Irish fan how do you feel about Connor McGregor?

'mericans:

greenbeer.jpg
I love green beer and shamrock shakes

You do know for an Irishmen to understand what you are asking he would have to read this

I feel like he spells his name Conor not Connor

I'm Irish and in my mid 30's and I think he's a great laugh. Once you dont take him too seriously its fun to watch his press and his fights are definitely entertaining. Also proud to see an Irishman doing what he's doing.

Agree with Doog Doogson tho, the 189 press conference in Dublin was so embarrassing for me as a long time Irish mma fan, made Irish fans look like a bunch of f*ckin idiots, cringeworhty.

Been to both countries numerous times - this is very, very not true.
I've been to the UK numerous times and it's very true
Been to both countries numerous times - this is very, very not true.
It's very true.

My grandparents are Irish so I've been in Ireland plenty of times and I don't understand whats so cool about being Irish I would much rather be American lol

How did you see his "slagging" of Jose Aldo? Didn't seem like a bit of friendly banter to me...

Aldo wasn't playing ball.

Look at how Conor reacted around Faber & Diaz when they were going back and forth. Different ball game.

Those pressers were very embarrassing. Those people are not MMA fans, they are McGregor fans. Don't hear a peep out of them if McGregors not fighting.
so what? Where are all the Filipinos when Pac isnt fighting? These people came to see a superstar they feel national kinship with. You think they give a shit about the UFC or fighter rankings or whats going on in the flyweight division?

and do you think youre better than them because you've memorized the top 20 rankings for every division?

It's very true.

My grandparents are Irish so I've been in Ireland plenty of times and I don't understand whats so cool about being Irish I would much rather be American lol

How can you say it's true if you're not Irish? I'm Irish and I am telling you that I have been to the US a few times and the UK a lot.
Never once have I heard people in the UK talk about how they are Irish. I heard it all the time in the US.

How can you say it's true if you're not Irish? I'm Irish and I am telling you that I have been to the US a few times and the UK a lot.
Never once have I heard people in the UK talk about how they are Irish. I heard it all the time in the US.
you must of been to Boston where there is mostly 1st & 2nd generation Irish.

Here in Philadelphia there is plenty of Irish-American and only on St.paddys day & Irish weekend is when people like to wear green, drink and think they're Irish but other then that I don't see what your talking about lol

I also have some red in my beard

i don't. go back and fix your post where you quoted me. it looks as if i said i have red in my beard

It's very true.

i'm english and from england. and i can tell you you're full of green shit

have no idea where that guy pulled it out of his ass

so what? Where are all the Filipinos when Pac isnt fighting? These people came to see a superstar they feel national kinship with. You think they give a shit about the UFC or fighter rankings or whats going on in the flyweight division?

and do you think youre better than them because you've memorized the top 20 rankings for every division?

Do I think I am better than them? I think I have a much deeper understanding and appreciation for MMA and thus Conor than they would have, yes.
I would never start shouting abuse at Jose Aldo (or any fighter for that matter) calling him a p***y and how he is going to get murdered etc.

These "fans" are not fans, they were just dickheads who liked Conor McGregor and that was all.

you must of been to Boston where there is mostly 1st & 2nd generation Irish.

Here in Philadelphia there is plenty of Irish-American and only on St.paddys day & Irish weekend is when people like to wear green, drink and think they're Irish but other then that I don't see what your talking about lol

Been to Boston, New York, Hawaii, Buffalo (I know...) and some others. Heard it in each place.
They'd ask about accent / I'd mention I was Irish and their face changes and they say how they are Irish too etc. It was quite nice to be honest, not saying it's a bad thing.

Also, to be fair you can see it in this thread. People are Irish when their Grandmother is half Irish. It's a known thing - a lot of Americans claim to be Irish.

"According to Census data, there are 39.6 million American who claim Irish heritage including five million who say they are of ScotsIrish heritage. That number is almost seven times larger than the entire population of Ireland (6.3 million)."

Never understood why so many American try to identify being Irish, hell if I had some Irish heritage I would just deny it and claim to be English.

Been to Boston, New York, Hawaii, Buffalo (I know...) and some others. Heard it in each place.
They'd ask about accent / I'd mention I was Irish and their face changes and they say how they are Irish too etc. It was quite nice to be honest, not saying it's a bad thing.

Also, to be fair you can see it in this thread. People are Irish when their Grandmother is half Irish. It's a known thing - a lot of Americans claim to be Irish.

"According to Census data, there are 39.6 million American who claim Irish heritage including five million who say they are of ScotsIrish heritage. That number is almost seven times larger than the entire population of Ireland (6.3 million)."
Its not an illogical claim when the american industrial revolution gained traction half the population of Ireland left poverty and multiplied like rabbits its not uncommon for many Irish decedents in Boston too know exactly when their ancestors came too america, the same can be said about the gold rush, the cattle movement, the american and spanish war, world war 1, world war 2, migration happens.

America is a land of immigrants and its not uncommon for many of them too keep the traditions of their ancestors and pass it down too their own children hence the diversity only seen in america

Its not an illogical claim when the american industrial revolution gained traction half the population of Ireland left poverty and multiplied like rabbits its not uncommon for many Irish decedents in Boston too know exactly when their ancestors came too america, the same can be said about the gold rush, the cattle movement, the american and spanish war, world war 1, world war 2, migration happens.

America is a land of immigrants and its not uncommon for many of them too keep the traditions of their ancestors and pass it down too their own children hence the diversity only seen in america

It is the same in Australia. Our racial diversity is on par with Americas.
Solid post.

My great great great grandfather was Irish, so as a proud Irishman that has never visited Ireland, I love McGregor... you bum! No one can take my posts when I type them with my left hand.

i'm english and the irish i've known care little for him. only the youngest think he's anything special. no different than how many americans would assess him

it doesn't nor does it apply to anyone who's not irish, like americans who think being irish=green beer

So i guess it dont apply to you either you fookin wanker

I'm well aware of that thank you, I was simply responding to Phillyz who disputed what I was saying.

Back