As an Aldo nuthugger...

Caicara

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Conor McGregor may be his toughest opponent so far. Why?

Because Aldo has shown that he can deal with great fighters who can mix wrestling with striking ( Mendes, Frankie, Lamas ) but I truly believe that he hasn't faced a striker like McGregor.

With that being said, Aldo may surprise me. He has the tools to KO anyone, of course. I just believe that all those three top fighters that he beat soundly would be tougher stylistic opponents for the irish talker.

I just have a weird feeling for this.

murphys_irish_stout.jpg

Someone who can mix wrestling with striking is a lot more dangerous for someone like Aldo than just a striker.

You have to consider that Conor has to worry about more things in this fight than Aldo. Aldo is a great striker and on the feet this is one interesting fight. But Aldo has a more diverse offensive arsenal plus his grappling should he need it. He has great BJJ and really good TDs.

Conor has looked spectacular but Aldo is by FAR the most well rounded fighter he will have ever faced and a huge step up in competition. Guys like Edgar and Mendes have big success with their striking because they also have great wrestling to keep their opponents guessing. Conor is a better pure striker but Aldo will not have to worry about TDs at all. This changes things more than people realize.

This fight is really interesting and Conor presents a very exciting challenge but those who say Conor will walk through Conor have nothing to base this on.

I give Aldo a clear edge but Conor definitely could catch Aldo. I just think Aldo is too much for Conor at this point.

This fight could go either way. I like both guys as fighters and I really think this will be a great fight. This is a gem of a matchup!

McGregor is going to f**king WRECK Aldo. Just blast through him.

It's so clear to see. I can't see it going any other way.

McGregor is going to f**king WRECK Aldo. Just blast through him.

It's so clear to see. I can't see it going any other way.

Dat turkey of the week...

Anyway, as the poster above said Aldo's last few fights he had to deal with someone who could potentially take him down. This limited his kicking game to an extent, he was making hamburger out of Frankie's leg until he caught on and started trying to catch the kicks.

This match Aldo will be free to kick Conor whenever he wants no matter what direction he wants to come from. Not only that but CMG got knocked down by a Siver counter kick, can only imagine whats going to happen once he feels a kick by Aldo.

Conor will have to land early and often, if not he's going to walk home with a loss and show pictures the next day of what his leg looks like.

Someone else said it in another thread, McGregor isn't like that of Jon Jones or Chris Weidman, he is not a complete fighter and from what we've seen from him he is just a great offensive boxer with an unorthodox kicking game.

Someone who can mix wrestling with striking is a lot more dangerous for someone like Aldo than just a striker.

Yeah.

This isn't a boxing match or even kickboxing. It's MMA. TS makes no sense at all.

Conor wants nothing with Aldo in the clinch or on the ground. Aldo can outgrapple him all day AND he can't get Aldo to make the mistakes he gets others to commit to.

Conor's in trouble. The whole world knows it. He talked himself into a payday and a loss.

EDIT: And don't even MENTION leg kicks with Conor prancing around like a deer or ballet dancer...... he'll be spinning like a breakdancer with Aldo.... zombie leg then TD and GnP - easy win for Aldo.

How fancy will Conor's striking be with 1 or 1/2 a leg left?

TS - think before you type, man. You only had to think.

so McGregor is more dangerous than Mendes, Edgar, KZ because he is less skilled? :icon_conf

it's not like these aren't known already ts. not your best showing.

Aldo is going to wipe the floor with McGregor

Hope not. :icon_lol:

I'm hoping it's a fight for the ages.

I'm praying it's not a a Sonnen/Jones type thing where you're saying to yourself "wtf is this shit, and how did he get a title shot, doesn't even belong in the ring with him".

Makes the UFC look like a joke.

EDIT: And don't even MENTION leg kicks with Conor prancing around like a deer or ballet dancer...... he'll be spinning like a breakdancer with Aldo.... zombie leg then TD and GnP - easy win for Aldo.

How fancy will Conor's striking be with 1 or 1/2 a leg left?

TS - think before you type, man. You only had to think.

You are aware that Conor is a southpaw, Aldo's most powerful leg kicks are by far his outside leg kicks using his right leg against orthodox strikers, see Faber fight.

If Aldo has to do inside leg kicks, they are far easier to check, and throwing leg kicks with that much power on the inside has high potential to break your leg if checked, Anderson Silva anyone?

Unless Aldo wants to switch to southpaw and use his left leg, I don't think the leg kicks will play as much of a role as they have against some fighters.

I think Aldo should win, because he is just too skilled, however Conor is a legit striker, possibly a better pure striker than Aldo, but Aldo has faced better strikers than him before and won, Hominick comes to mind.

Someone else said it in another thread, McGregor isn't like that of Jon Jones or Chris Weidman, he is not a complete fighter and from what we've seen from him he is just a great offensive boxer with an unorthodox kicking game.

How can you say with any confidence at all that Conor is not a complete fighter? You guys can't have it both ways and shit on the idea of Conor beating Mendes because we haven't seen him deal with wrestlers and then in the next breath say he is an incomplete with any certainty.

Everyone is dismissing any of his grappling work so far because "it's not Mendes, Edgar, or Lamas!" Just because those guys are elite and Conor's opponents so far are not does not mean that we can't get some degree of what his ground game is like and so far it has been pretty damn good.

I think we've seen enough to say that Conor's ground game is solid. That doesn't mean he's a lock to do what Aldo does to wrestlers, but saying he is incomplete is very premature.

Aldo is too flat footed for Conor. this is a guy who was struggling with Mark frikkin Hominick for 5 rounds. I really believe Conor would have beaten Mark in 1st round easily. Aldo hasnt looked good in UFC, but he was amazing in WEC. can only win decisions these days

If both fighters treat this fight like the biggest of their career,Aldo should run away with it, i know conor will be improving in every aspect of his game in preparation, which will make him better.. But Aldo with no takedown threat should sizzle. But if he takes Conor lightly or looks similar to the KZ fight, it could be interesting

Back