as a huge Cain fan, overeem worries me.

Anyone should be worried about a fighter they like having to fight the Reem... There are no guarantees but Overeem has at least the potential to beat anyone out there today. He could drop pretty much anyone with the right punch/knee/kick/elbow and people overlook it because he is such a good striker but he has pretty good submissions, especially his guillotine. He's so strong that if he grabs a sub he can really crank it.

Last edited:
lol who taps to a body triangle ? but no i remember a fight where overreem is turtled and eats knees to the head and clearly taps out so the ref stops it

Body triangles can be pretty nasty, I remember this one guy got his back broken to one in a UFC fight for the troops card.

i dont get why people question cains chin hes been stopped only once i guess ubereems fans think thats the only way he can win but its funny ubereem has been stopped by liddel shogun and nog etc

Maybe because whoever hits him flush, cain goes down ?

Only 2 guys was able to hit cain and ironically, cain dropped from both fighters strikes

Overeem does a have shot but I think Cain's pace will be too much for him, by the second or third round Reem will be worn out, if he lasts that long. If Cain makes Reem, fight his fight at his pace then I think not even Reem stands a chance.

So it all comes down to if the reem can put cain away in 1 rd.

And overeem hits wayyyyy too hard. Overeem is very precise with his knees and hooks, he will catch cain and like always, cain will get dropped when hit with a good shot.

And lol @ people saying overeems chin is more suspect than cains.

Overeem took a flush lhk from hari, it stunned him but never dropped.
Cain gets dropped everytime someone lands flush

C'mon, I thought you were a guru?

I see your points, while I would no way count Cain out, I would pick Reem to win for sure.

Overeem can't keep up with Cain's pace. He'll break in under 2 rounds.

.....................why all you have to do is block the dangerous horse kick and takedown and whale away swim meet olympic style. :icon_chee

I wonder how the fight turn's out, I see it something like the one Overeem had with Werdum.

Cain needs to fight with the same strategy he did against JDS. The only difference and difficulty is that he needs to be careful in the clinch and needs to be not telegraph his take downs otherwise he will feel...

THE POWER OF THE OVEREEM KNEES OF DOOM

C'mon, I thought you were a guru?

lol... my thoughts exactly... Reem will not be able to handle the pressure Cain can/will put on him... this will go the way of the 2nd Cain/JDS... unless Cain gets caught (highly unlikely as I think he's learned his lesson in the 1st fight with JDS)... then he may have to wait till a 2nd fight with Reem to destroy him... either way being a guru in only one aspect of the MMA game really narrows your vision... Reem better bring an oxygen tank.

If cain survives round one he should pretty much win by outworking a gassed overeem.

not worry you. Watch his fight against Werdum, then you will feel better for Cain. Overeem is a legitimate challenge, but nothing Cain can't handle.

The Reem will be a huge threat to any HW. True everyone's GP will be to try and gas him out. He isn't stupid though. He conserves his strength better now by limiting the strikes he throws.

Cain is a bad match up for Overeem with his high pressure style. Overeem better be working on attacks from the clinch because I doubt Cain would give him the room to set up his combos.

Say what up want about the reem, but the guy is no joke. Hes got insane credentials.

K-1 champ - highest "stand up" level, you dont become k-1 champ by luck, he ko'ed badr hari !!!!!!!!! who no one in mma can survive 2 mins with, badr hari would ko anderson silva out silly.

And he also has some underrated ground game, reem has more sub wins than ko wins.

The reem is the real deal and he deserves some hespect around here.

Overeem 2013 hw champ !!!!!

youdontsay.png

I honestly think he should've beat werdum more decisively. He has the ability, but I think he doubted himself. I would favor Cain, there is no reason not to. Either way, it will be a lot better than Overeem vs Lesnar. Trust me that night I was a huge Overeem fan. This fight will be more competitive.

Back