As a Frenchman I'm glad BSD got exposed for good

Yeah well woirin had better things to say than his actual staff. They were just clueless in between the rounds
One guy gave a motivational speech and, then, one coach was asking to strike from the distance and the other one to go for the cage wrestling
It was horrendous

France doesn't have great fight camps yet. He needs to go to Brazil or the US to sharpen his tools. I agree.
Myth
Just posted this so I could get my well earned black belt in sherdog!

Last edited:
I don't know about Woirin, but his corner advice last night sounded absolutely awful.
After the 1st round, they had not a single useful advice, just pure panic, and urging him to "get excited".
After the 2nd round, where BSD won it by keeping on the feet, all they were telling him was to wrestle.

This is true. I thought the same thing. Like, definitely they should have given him a good dose of "wake the fuck up" after the first round but also give him some basic things to get back in the game.

He was basically finished in the first round though. It was like a time delayed tko, all that swelling. I was quite impressed he was able to rally back the way he did with severely compromised vision and having had his brain rattled repeatedly in the first round.

Maybe his corner was worried about him eating a knockout punch on his blinded side, and that's why they were pushing the wrestling after round 2. They had to know his time was limited on that eye though

We knew he had the ability to put pressure on anybody. We knew he had heart and determination. But he was not quite the technical artist.

Seeing him claiming he had better ground game than Islam made me angry. Seeing him trading with Poirier in the pocket and getting dropped confirmed my fears.

Now he thinks he can give his back to a fighter like Moicano and escape any situation on the ground. He thought he could handle him with his butterfly guard and find an opportunity. Well now he learned the hard way he sometimes needs to play safe.

His lazy kick reminded me Weidman VS Rockhold fight. And now he lost in brutal fashion two fights in a row right after dumping his long time coach and friend Woirin. Let that be a lesson!
He went out of his way to criticize Khabib and Islam for no reason, I always found that quite bizarre. Anyway, sounds like he was a bit arrogant and let the success go to his head.

He got rushed a bit. He was handling Poirier for a while but even that fight felt a bit too soon.

I knew bsd left woirin, but I didn't know why, nor did I think it was a bad thing because I didn't see as much development in BSD while he was with woirin as I think we should have. BSD was so new to the game that he should have been making rapid noob gains, but he was improving at a snail pace with woirin, which was a bad sign to me.

Which of his current coaches do you have issues with at the moment? From what I understand bsd has many chefs in the kitchen -- Louis mariano Gonzales for boxing, cross trains in bulgaria for wrestling -- and he seems stubbornly loyal to the camp that he was at even before woirin took him under his wing (cyfit with Christophe savoca).
New country and new camp is probably best. Get out of the environment that does not allow you to grow. He seems like a decent dude, so I hope he can live, learn, and grow as a fighter.

Now he thinks he can give his back to a fighter like Moicano and escape any situation on the ground. He thought he could handle him with his butterfly guard and find an opportunity. Well now he learned the hard way he sometimes needs to play safe.
To be fair he's not alone here, a lot of fighters in modern MMA depend on either giving up their back on pushing for very direct examples rather than engaging on the ground and waiting for their moment.

Reactions: HHJ
To be fair he's not alone here, a lot of fighters in modern MMA depend on either giving up their back on pushing for very direct examples rather than engaging on the ground and waiting for their moment.
As a wise man named Frankie Edgar once said, There's levels to this shit.

What worked for you before aint gonna fly with Money.

Very true however extremely unwise against a notorious and slick back taker in Moicano

As a wise man named Frankie Edgar once said, There's levels to this shit.

What worked for you before aint gonna fly with Money.
I feel like the problem in modern MMA though is that this DOES work most of the time so a lot of fighters just don't learn anything more.

Its why Khabib for example looked so totally unbeatable IMHO, he neutralised the cheap tactics modern fighters use to avoid grappling really well and most guys just had no response to it at all.

I feel like the problem in modern MMA though is that this DOES work most of the time so a lot of fighters just don't learn anything more.

Its why Khabib for example looked so totally unbeatable IMHO, he neutralised the cheap tactics modern fighters use to avoid grappling really well and most guys just had no response to it at all.
vyaxx1380f971.jpg

I knew bsd left woirin, but I didn't know why, nor did I think it was a bad thing because I didn't see as much development in BSD while he was with woirin as I think we should have. BSD was so new to the game that he should have been making rapid noob gains, but he was improving at a snail pace with woirin, which was a bad sign to me.

Which of his current coaches do you have issues with at the moment? From what I understand bsd has many chefs in the kitchen -- Louis mariano Gonzales for boxing, cross trains in bulgaria for wrestling -- and he seems stubbornly loyal to the camp that he was at even before woirin took him under his wing (cyfit with Christophe savoca).
Maybe he should go to Tri Star and see if he can learn to maximize his abilities under Firas and GSP?

We knew he had the ability to put pressure on anybody. We knew he had heart and determination. But he was not quite the technical artist.

Seeing him claiming he had better ground game than Islam made me angry. Seeing him trading with Poirier in the pocket and getting dropped confirmed my fears.

His lazy kick reminded me Weidman VS Rockhold fight. And now he lost in brutal fashion two fights in a row right after dumping his long time coach and friend Woirin. Let that be a lesson!

Hi Woirin

Back