As a fan of the Diaz brothers and Conor...

Jin Akutsu

Gengar Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm conflicted in this fight. I want Nate to get his payday but I want Conor to steamroll him.

I'm conflicted in this fight. I want Nate to get his payday but I want Conor to steamroll him.
Well both can theoretically happen, and you can be at harmony.

I want Conor to give his best performance ever. I think if Nate hits like twice everyone will be like - rematch, full camp Nate will hit him at least 10 times.

Way she goes boys. Realistically though Conor has this.

I feel you

I'm a bigger Nate fan than I am a Conor fan but, I only want Conor to win because it just keeps the MMA world so much more interesting. Everything in the FW, LW, WW (the 3 most entertaining weight classes) seems to be associated with Conor. So because of that I kind of want Conor to win because its entertaining to see what goes on in the sport in those divisions if he's on top. If he loses, everything is ruined and hes just another fighter and I wont really care about this stuff anymore. But until then, I kind of want him to keep winning.

I will say this though, if he does lose (to anyone, not just Nate)... I hope its a brutal KO.

I've been a Nate fan for a while and he's made me a lot of money too. I'll only know come fight fight time during the fight which fighter I'm actually routing for. As of right now I have no idea.

Last edited:
No your not. Nate will be getting paid (Conor mentioned Nate will now be a millionaire), and Conor will win.

58500608.jpg

Don't fret, Nate won't feel too sorry for himself if he loses.

tumblr_m084y3qKZw1rom9flo1_250.gif

Nate will 100% be getting paid. I don't think anyone doubts that. You also want Conor to win..

For you to be conflicted, you would wanted neither Nate or Conor to lose.
I wanted RDA to show up to the damned fight. Him and RDA both pulled the whole ,I'm injured 11 days before, I can't fight bs.

Hey, if Conor does steamroll him, maybe they'll make Conor/Condit, Conor/Lawler or Conor/McDonald...

Now those are some fights at 170.

Nate will now be a millionaire
I think that's only if Nate wins. When Conor said that, Nate said something like 'I have to win first'... I think maybe he's getting 500/500. That's what Mendes got for losing his short-notice shot, 500k. Either way... not a bad payday (though Nate deserves more imo)

^^ Note this is all speculation based on what I gather from things like interviews & social media posts, etc.

I wanted RDA to show up to the damned fight. Him and RDA both pulled the whole ,I'm injured 11 days before, I can't fight bs.

RDA and who?

Wait... you're conflicted between wanting to watch Conor vs. RDA and also the fact wanted Nate to get a big money fight also? (not being sarcastic, you've lost me lol)

Nate deserves it. 20/20 was the biggest insult in the UFC for fans he pulls. As we all know its not about performance or quality of fighter alone but butts you are able to put in seats both the diaz bros pulled a lot and have been insulted for years now. So happy for him.

I think that's only if Nate wins. When Conor said that, Nate said something like 'I have to win first'... I think maybe he's getting 500/500. That's what Mendes got for losing his short-notice shot, 500k. Either way... not a bad payday (though Nate deserves more imo)

^^ Note this is all speculation based on what I gather from things like interviews & social media posts, etc.

Ahk, I didn't hear what Nate said. Still 500k is a very good payday considering Nate got $40k for the Johnson fight (20/20).

One of the two things that you said are guaranteed to happen.

Also, both things happening aren't even mutually exclusive.

I don't think that PPV points and bonuses are really based on win/loss as much as just PPV drawing and performance... so even if Diaz loses big and the PPV does well he should get more than 20k.

I think the PPV will do well but I dunno... Definitely not as big as 189 or 194

I feel you. My Nate fandom far overrides my McGregor fandom and I 100% want Nate to win, but I wanted Conor to fight RDA, win, and make UFC history.

Either way, I'm happy Nate is getting the money he deserves.

I think he said "we have to fight first". I could be wrong though.

Back