As a Diaz supporter/Conor hater I will confess...

I'll be interested to see how the weight affects Nate. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who generally walks around at 200 pounds, so I wonder where his mindset is at. In any event, there's only plausible outcomes to this fight: either Conor KOs Nate early, or Nate finishes Conor later in the fight. Smart money is on Nate, but I wouldn't be surprised with either outcome.

"Once in a lifetime does not apply to Ronda Rousey. It's once ever in human history!" - Joe Rogan

tumblr_o0x4anfUf11ry1rm7o6_r1_500.gif
Speaking of Ronda I think she might be using mushroom pills and monkey dumbells that can be found on Amazon it's all natural and improves your focus.

Rewatch Nate vs Johnson fight again and see how Nate actually fights when he has a training camp. Johnson barely landed anything clean in the first round and even less later.

Against Conor he took off round 1 because he knew Conor can't KO him and would slow down. Nate pretty much let Conor lead and waited for him to fade.

I might re-watch at some point.

But from what I can remember is Johnson tagging him near the end of the first/start of the second round a bit and thinking 'that lay off has made Diaz a bit rusty'

Diaz was over extending on some of his shots and leaving himself to be countered, but Johnson is not a natural striker. After that Diaz had control and you could see Johnson getting a bit flustered. That's my remembering of the fight.

One of us needs to go back and watch it again.

We'll see.

In all honesty I do have a hard time feeling confident in either guy for this fight. Safe money is on Diaz, but I really think that Conor is capable of a much, much better performance. I think he really wants this win more than Nate does and I think that could be the difference.

Nate looked really great against MJ so I also think that Nate is hitting a kind of career renaissance for himself.

As strange as it sounds I think both men are actually better fighters right now than many people give them credit for.

Agreed...The closer fight night gets, the more I think Conor takes it. Nothing would surprise me in this fight. Unless it's a boring fight, which it won't be.

You obviously didn't see the whole Ali vs Foreman fight.....Ali took some otherworldly shots from big George. Nate took some helluva big shots from Conor, the fuckers tough man.

Pretty sure that was Ron Lyle in that gif and not Foreman. Foreman wasn't that fast with the punches.

This boy is cutting from 200 pounds.
Nate literally just said that he could "skip one dinner" and be at 170.

But he's cutting from 200 pounds? With USADA IV ban in place?

<36>

That's Foreman Amigo....100%

You're 100 % wrong and so was I. It's actually Ali vs. Michael Dokes....damn glad I didn't go with my initial instinct of saying it was a "we all look alike to you people" moment

I just rewatched the fight as well, and almost nothing happened in the first round. People on here kept saying Conor was dominating, so I had to check the FightMetric to make sure I wasn't missing something. Conor landed 28 of 74, and Nate landed 23 of 62. That's nothing. I don't see how Conor can be more efficient in the second fight unless he has devised a way to get Nate to punch himself.

Come on, Conor was throwing some stupid kicks in that 1st round to look pretty.

One man's ego was damaged after a humiliating loss to another guy who took the fight on short notice, man with massive ego accepted the fight expecting an easy win knowing full well his opponent never had sufficient time to train.

Very few fighters would ever be granted such a rematch.

Back