As a Diaz supporter/Conor hater I will confess...

John Wick

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor was dominating the first fight. While I was watching the fight I thought Conor would finish Nate during the second round. When Conor got rocked I was jumping out of my seat because it was unexpected. I do think efficiency with energy was a problem even thought he got killed here for it. I think if Conor had a training camp like the one he is having now he could beat an 11 days notice Nate who was partying and eating tacos in Mexico.

However, Conor's speciality remains midgets.
mcgregorfootwork.gif

^This boy is cutting from 200 pounds. I think we're going to see a very different Nate Diaz. An absolute killer whose going to finish Conor in this fight. This isn't the same Nate Diaz He's stronger. His energy is even better with the right nutrition and cardio leading into the fight. He's sparring against high level guys and putting rounds in. Less anxiety and more confidence this time around with a full camp and beating Conor already. He has his brother in his corner with his suspension wrapped up. This is his chance to really break through. Round 3 TKO stoppage for Nate. The HYPE...4 days...

Last edited:
Conor was dominating the first fight. While I was watching the fight I thought Conor would finish Nate during the second round. When Conor got rocked I was jumping out of my seat because it was unexpected. I do think efficiency with energy was a problem even thought he got killed here for it. I think if Conor had a training camp like the one he is having now he could beat an 11 days notice Nate who was partying and eating tacos in Mexico.

However, Conor's speciality remains midgets.
mcgregorfootwork.gif

^This boy is cutting from 200 pounds. I think we're going to see a very different Nate Diaz. An absolute killer whose going to finish Conor in this fight. This isn't the same Nate Diaz He's stronger. His energy is even better with the right nutrition and cardio leading into the fight. He's sparring against high level guys and putting rounds in. Less anxiety and more confidence this time around with a full camp and beating Conor already. He has his brother in his corner with his suspension wrapped up. This is his chance to really break through. Round 3 TKO stoppage for Nate. The HYPE...4 days...

Nate isn't 200 pounds, not close

He said skipping a dinner would land him at 170

Conor hater (like myself) usually don't give Conor enough credit.

He got some of the best hands in mma right now (speed/power)
(defense s*ck tho)

But Nate is just too much for him imo.

chin/cardio/heart/bjj/size.
all in favor of Diaz.

with a full trainning camp, I expect Diaz to dominate him this time around.

Rewatch Nate vs Johnson fight again and see how Nate actually fights when he has a training camp. Johnson barely landed anything clean in the first round and even less later.

Against Conor he took off round 1 because he knew Conor can't KO him and would slow down. Nate pretty much let Conor lead and waited for him to fade.

Conor is going to lead Nate like a Groom on his wedding night dance floor, bruh. He's going to bust his legs and body get his hands hanging low and then send that chin to the back of Nate's head.

His precision is going to be precise, Joe.

Poor Brimage having to fight a welterweight. Unfortunately the bigger man was able to absorb his shots.

You don't know what "dominating" a round means. Conor was winning, but he wasn't dominating. A dominant first round is what happened in Edgar/Maynard 2 & 3, Sonnen/Silva 1 & 2, Silva vs Franklin 1 & 2.

Ronda/Holly was more one-sided than that round and I wouldn't even say Holly dominated the first....easily won, but not 10-8 dominant.

Nate isn't 200 pounds, not close

He said skipping a dinner would land him at 170

He was 200lbs not that long ago. Don't kid yourself. I know your hate for Conor makes you hope and pray they are natural physical equals but it's a big guy beating up a little guy.

Rewatch Nate vs Johnson fight again and see how Nate actually fights when he has a training camp. Johnson barely landed anything clean in the first round and even less later.

Against Conor he took off round 1 because he knew Conor can't KO him and would slow down. Nate pretty much let Conor lead and waited for him to fade.

Nate did the old "Rope A Dope" on the Irishmen.

LRZwzN5.gif

Nate Diaz will more than likely win this fight. Styles make fights, and either of the Diaz brothers is just bad for business when it comes to him. He'll try to do well early, but will eventually either get out boxed with the range, or will be taken down and submitted easily. How many times after all have we seen an "amazing" fighter lose once, then suddenly there is a blue print for beating them like they stole something.

johnson isn't conor, that's why nate got busted up in the conor fight

I just rewatched the fight as well, and almost nothing happened in the first round. People on here kept saying Conor was dominating, so I had to check the FightMetric to make sure I wasn't missing something. Conor landed 28 of 74, and Nate landed 23 of 62. That's nothing. I don't see how Conor can be more efficient in the second fight unless he has devised a way to get Nate to punch himself.

Nate must have missed the part where you don't actually get hit

nate-diaz-and-conor-mcgregor-of-ireland-face-off-in-their-bout-the-picture-id513970024

In b4 scar tissue

You obviously didn't see the whole Ali vs Foreman fight.....Ali took some otherworldly shots from big George. Nate took some helluva big shots from Conor, the fuckers tough man.

Back