As a Conor fan...

Thai Domi

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
...I don't think he deserves a shot at the 155 title.

He should've defended against Edgar or Aldo first, and beaten at least one 155 contender before being given a shot at that title.

All that said, War Conor and I hope he sleeps RDA. It would just be more legit if he worked his way up to it.

How do you work your way up when you're already the champ of your division?

I agree, this may just be the humbling experience he needs.

He deserves it because that's the fight everyone wants to see. Nobody else at 155 lbs generates more interest and more PPV buys against RDA than Conor. In Prizefighting, that's about as deserving as it gets.

How do you work your way up when you're already the champ of your division?

I was talking about his shot at the 155 title. He should have to beat a 155 contender before challenging for that title imo.

He deserves it because that's the fight everyone wants to see. Nobody else at 155 lbs generates more interest and more PPV buys against RDA than Conor. In Prizefighting, that's about as deserving as it gets.

Unfortunately, you're right. It's more about a sensational ppv than it is about a legit title contender.

Still rooting for Conor, but it would be way sweeter if he earned his 155 shot instead of being gifted it.

no one deserves anything in this world. its a dog eat dog world and nobody gives a fuck what is fair or not.

He cant make 145 anymore thats why he is at 155 and he ofcourse deserves the shot

I bet your fun at parties.

The UFC have made a very rare superfight, you've got a champ who is stepping up to challenge for the belt in the weightclass above, an intriguing style match up and the chance to witness history...
But you think Conor should take a warm up fight first

Who is more deserving at LW? I think a KO win over Aldo and Mendes transcends. Plus, he's a huge FW.

He has earned more than anyone else. For the company and for himself.

I bet your fun at parties.

The UFC have made a very rare superfight, you've got a champ who is stepping up to challenge for the belt in the weightclass above, an intriguing style match up and the chance to witness history...
But you think Conor should take a warm up fight first

clearly he isn't invited to parties. should have known that lol

...I don't think he deserves a shot at the 155 title.

He should've defended against Edgar or Aldo first, and beaten at least one 155 contender before being given a shot at that title.

All that said, War Conor and I hope he sleeps RDA. It would just be more legit if he worked his way up to it.
I think there are good arguments on both sides of this issue. The financial aspect of a match
is always the number one criteria for company like the UFC. Not only that, but the financial
scenarios and choices that will be created in the aftermath. The UFC doesn't know who is
going to win in March. No one does. What they do know, is that they like the options that they're
left with should Conor win or lose to RDA, vs the other two fighters. These are smart business men.
They have to be three to four steps ahead. It sucks for Edgar and Aldo, but at the end of the day, the UFC is a business.

This isn't about who deserves what, this is about awesome.

I agree somewhat, but where Conor lacks in title defended he makes up in excitement

Back