As a Cody Garbrandt hater...

wasnt a fan either, but when hes not shit talking he seems like a decent bloke. Certainly have a lot more respect for him...

I picked Garbrandt to win but I still came away feeling like I was wrong. I did not expect Garbrandt to go the distance like that and win decisively.

Didn't think he could win that type of right against Dom. Very impressive.

If he becomes less cocky I'd be a fan, I can understand he wanted to make a name of himself by doing those cocky movies since that's what new fans like

Good fighter, very impressive
I think that was to rebuff Dom's mind games and turn the tables on him a bit. Dom was trying to son him mentally for weeks, and Cody was confident and going to give it right back. I thought it was a surprising and effective way for him to break Dom's confidence a little bit.

I like him a lot more than I did before. Seems a decent guy, not the most well-spoken but a very good fighter and entertaining at that. Happy for him, despite having been rooting for Cruz.

His head movement is the most impressive i've ever seen in MMA. He can slip punches subtly or go full Pernell Whitaker on you.

I'm sure he did, but TJ probably made him cry too. I think it'll be a good fight, TJ covers up more than Cruz does and knows Cody very well.

PVZ said Cody always got the upperhand on TJ in sparring. This was before TJ left and after they (Cody and PVZ) broke up.

Was a good showing, but he's still wearing that ghey neck tattoo 24-7, so it kinda balances out.

And Conor not for real .... LOL. ok, sure.

As I said in other post, the only thing I didn't like in CG's performance was the taunting after the knockdowns. Come on, you rocked Dominick fucking Cruz, go on and finish the fight. Otherwise, his performance was outstanding against the greatest BW in history so far. He definitely has an awesome future.

I honestly didn't give CoGar a chance either and he made me a fan as well.

The way he Cruz'd Cruz though....

I gave him 0 chances of winning, making fun of his stats etc...

But man, he just outclassed the second best p4p fighter in a devastating fashion, impeccable record, good wrestling, good cardio, good mental game and fight IQ, good striking, true power, he has no weakness (his chin has to be tested)...

This dude is for real, not like Conor who choose his opponents and never faced a good full camp wrestler

If he beats TJ Dillashaw he would be the #2 p4p

I was surprised for good, but I hope he losses against TJ since he's too cocky, that fight will be fireworks btw

Also, props to @TheRuthlessOne

He has been KTFO'd so his chin isn't rock hard.

I gave him 0 chances of winning, making fun of his stats etc...

But man, he just outclassed the second best p4p fighter in a devastating fashion, impeccable record, good wrestling, good cardio, good mental game and fight IQ, good striking, true power, he has no weakness (his chin has to be tested)...

This dude is for real, not like Conor who choose his opponents and never faced a good full camp wrestler

If he beats TJ Dillashaw he would be the #2 p4p

I was surprised for good, but I hope he losses against TJ since he's too cocky, that fight will be fireworks btw

Also, props to @TheRuthlessOne

i thought he was a thug... but he seems like hes a good guy and very inspirational.

Back