As a big JDS fan...

vinotauro

White Belt
Reaction score
Cain beats JDS nine out of ten times. He has the style (world class wrestling and crisp hands) to beat him along with the cardio, speed and aggression to make it happen. No one else at heavyweight besides maybe Daniel Cormier can do to JDS what Cain did to him the second and third fight.

With that being said, JDS likely beats every other heavyweight in the division without a doubt. DC is moving down to LHW so that's out of the question.

Other JDS fans need to stop discrediting Cain's ass whooping and making excuses for JDS as to why he lost (OMG HE JUST GOT OUTWRESTLED, OMG BAD TRAINING CAMP, OMG HE DIDNT EVEN TRY TO USE HIS BOXING, OMG HE NEEDS NEW COACHES). Cain is simply the better, more well-rounded fighter. Even though I sported the 'Cigano' Nike shirt last night while watching the fight, I knew the third fight would go exactly the same way it did in the second fight (and it almost did).

I do believe he will make his way back up the ranking and beat his next couple of opponents but where does he go from there? Will we see a Cain/JDS 4? I'm almost certain most people don't want to see a fourth fight given what we saw the last two fights.

I've been lurking the forums a long time but now I decided to make an account to post my thoughts on the fight and where JDS is now in general. Thoughts?

"Cain beats JDS nine out of ten times"

Agreed. People are going to act like JDS is a scrub now. The reality is that he's the 2nd best heavyweight in the world. Cain is just better.

Either way, props to JDS and Cain. Both are classy guys who bring it every time they get in the cage. Anyone who bashes either of them needs to have their ass kicked.

It's tough because IMHO Cain and jds are in their own category. They are both miles ahead of the rest of the heavyweight division

"Cain beats JDS nine out of ten times"

It's not like I'm verbally trashing JDS, he's among one of my favorite fighters but I'm also being realistic. He is above the rest of the division but so is Cain. So what do you do?

Forget these 'out of 10' sayings because they'll never fight near that many times anyway, but as a JDS fan myself, I think he doesn't belong in the same octagon with Cain. The only way JDS can realistically become champ is if someone beats Cain, then he could beat that guy. I think there's a gap between Cain and JDS and also a gap between JDS and the rest of the other HWs, but yeah who knows what could happen in their next few fights. It's possible one loses and makes the division interesting.

Good 1st post.

JDS destroys everyone not named Cain in the HW division.
Cain is simply the better fighter. It's that simple.

I won money with Cain last night but I kinda feel bad for JDS.
I hope he recovers well and comes back stronger.

Mad respect for both of these guys, they're true warriors.

Btw, welcome to Sherdog.

This is simple. Cain is better in sport named MMA. JDS is the no.2 HW fighter right now.
He is my hero but Cain is the best. To reach this high Cain needed JDS.

JDS can (and has) beat Cain on any given night assuming he fights the proper fight. Back pedaling into the cage is not the correct strategy, as shown by last night.

In the same regard, Cain can beat JDS on any given night assuming he fights the proper fight.

I think Junior needs to win at least four straight fights with a solid performance in order to deserve a shot at Cain again, and even then it will be something questionable. That is if Cain stays champion (as I think he will).

For now, I would like to see JDS facing a guy like Stipe Miocic or Overeem (if he doesn't get cut after his fight with Frank Mir). I think it would be a good come back fight.

After Werdum, we can have the winner of Travis vs Josh as a next contender. And Junior, after a first fight with Miocic or Reem, can then face Werdum, after he loses to Cain, or the loser of Travis vs Josh.

But after Cain walks through Werdum (assuming that's who he fights next), then who? Barnett? JDS is really the only HW who can really give Cain a fight.

JDS can (and has) beat Cain on any given night assuming he fights the proper fight. Back pedaling into the cage is not the correct strategy, as shown by last night.

In the same regard, Cain can beat JDS on any given night assuming he fights the proper fight.

He should of, could of, would of, but he didn't.

Cain beats JDS. End of story and he did it dominantly...AGAIN.

I am a huge JDS fan, he is one of my favorite fighters, but he seems like scared of Cain. Cain seems more of a fighter, mentally.

Sadly I get the feeling this lost is going to affect JDS in a big way in a psychology sense. He will probably be depress again, but this time I think he will lose more hope into getting a title shot and end up not taking upcoming fights as seriously and eventually will get caught. Just my prediction. Hopefully not, and he comes back a lot more stronger and beats Cain again.

It sucks for the division because I was looking forward to a few more fights between them, at this point I don't see many guys in the HW division that would give Cain a decent fight. Maybe Werdum or Barnett.

Exactly, that first fight all it took was for Cain to be tentative to get laid out. In the 2nd and 3rd JDS just backed into the cage with his hands down and never used any offensive grappling. Maybe Cain completely forced it on him or maybe it was a bad plan/camp but that's a whole other story.

Fighting the proper fight would mean Cain NOT pressuring him and moving forward.

Back