Arum- Tipping point for Cotto is freddie in canelo fight

Can anyone explain how Miguel beating sexy had any bearing on this fight?

A lot of people said he wasn't going to win that fight. A lot of people are saying the same about this one. Cotto's a guy who's overcome the odds many times. I think he can beat Canelo.

Why is da sex being brought up here, cotto couldn't be more different

Why is da sex being brought up here, cotto couldn't be more different

Because the thread is about Roach and how people say he's responsible for Cotto winning lately. He worked with Cotto for the Sergio fight.

I mentioned Geale earlier too.

Because the thread is about Roach and how people say he's responsible for Cotto winning lately. He worked with Cotto for the Sergio fight.

How much of a change do you see in Cotto since he started training with Roach?

If anyone thought he was losing to geale they were high

How much of a change do you see in Cotto since he started training with Roach?

Not much really. If Roach motivates him to train, thats great. But Cotto looked very good against Floyd and Roach wasn't there. He was sharp vs Margarito and Mayorga. The only time he really looked poor in the past was vs Trout.

If anyone thought he was losing to geale they were high

Thats how I felt about the Sergio fight. Like I said, Cotto has been beating guys he'd beat anyway.

Not much really. If Roach motivates him to train, thats great. But Cotto looked very good against Floyd and Roach wasn't there. He was sharp vs Margarito and Mayorga. The only time he really looked poor in the past was vs Trout.

Again, cotto attributes a great deal of his recent success to his training with roach.

I mean , you can't get s better source than that...he specifically mentioned his cutting off of the ring and employing his left hook.

Roach has been a great trainer for cotto.

Again, cotto attributes a great deal of his recent success to his training with roach.
I'm glad he thinks so. I don't see anything different and i doubt anyone could point out any differences.

I mean , you can't get s better source than that...he specifically mentioned his cutting off of the ring and employing his left hook.
Right, because Cotto never knew how to do that before.

Roach has been a great trainer for cotto.

Maybe so. But Cotto is a great fighter and has been for years. Roach didn't make him.

I'm glad he thinks so. I don't see anything different and i doubt anyone could point out any differences.

Maybe so. But Cotto is a great fighter and has been for years. Roach didn't make him.

Cotto doesn't need someone to teach him how to throw punches, so that's not the role that Freddie is playing.

He looks more agile than he has in the recent past, a result of Roach changing his training regime apparently. His defense looks sharper, which means he has either tweaked his technique or has him fighting more intelligently. Martinez and Geale hardly hit the guy, regardless of what you think of them, that is impressive. Kirkland hit Canelo plenty, and he is well-beneath both Martinez and Geale (and smaller).

The mental aspect of training is huge, especially with a veteran who already knows how to box. Obviously Roach has been huge for Cotto in that area, which we've already discussed. This is the happiest and most content that Cotto has ever seemed to be with his trainer and team, which translates into better training and more focus (both seem apparent to me).

I think you're looking for Cotto to be a completely different boxer in order to give any props to his trainer. That's not really how it always works. Nobody is saying Roach broke Cotto down, and rebuilt a monster. He just has Cotto looking like the best version of Cotto. That is impressive at this stage in his career.

Also, I think cotto looks tighter than he ever has

Back