Arum- Tipping point for Cotto is freddie in canelo fight

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Agree or Disagree with the Bob-Father? Cotto could get old over night in the fight. He should win UD but hes going to have to box and move like the Cotto under Pedro Diaz.

Agree or Disagree with the Bob-Father? Cotto could get old over night in the fight. He should win UD but hes going to have to box and move like the Cotto under Pedro Diaz.

Boxing and moving is exactly what he's been doing under Freddie Roach, and he's been doing it better than he ever has.

Miguel Cotto is not Floyd, Rigo, Lara, etc. Trying to force him to box like a Cuban is not going to end well, because that is not what he does best. Freddie Roach knows what he does best, and has helped him to be more intelligent and effective in doing it.

Boxing and moving is exactly what he's been doing under Freddie Roach, and he's been doing it better than he ever has.

Miguel Cotto is not Floyd, Rigo, Lara, etc. Trying to force him to box like a Cuban is not going to end well, because that is not what he does best. Freddie Roach knows what he does best, and has helped him to be more intelligent and effective in doing it.

Cotto is better under Roach but also older....Canelo by KO in the later rounds.

Cotto has been fighting guys he should beat.

Roach gets too much credit.

Beat up a shot Martinez and a bunch of B level guys under Freddie. He's in for a surprise if he steps thinking Cinnamon is like these other guys he's been fighting lately.

Canelo via stoppage late.

Cotto has been fighting guys he should beat.

Roach gets too much credit.

Nobody thought Cotto should beat Martinez. I also don't remember seeing many people predicting that he'd knock out Daniel Geale in only 3-rounds.

Beat up a shot Martinez and a bunch of B level guys under Freddie. He's in for a surprise if he steps thinking Cinnamon is like these other guys he's been fighting lately.

Canelo via stoppage late.

Canelo may be in for a surprise is he thinks Cotto is going to be a statue like Angulo or Kirkland, or a gun-shy runner like Lara. Cotto has the combination of skills necessary to give Canelo a very rough night, as long as he comes in with the right game-plan.

Nobody thought Cotto should beat Martinez.

Thats because no one logically looked at that matchup. I picked Cotto to wreck Sergio, just like he did , as did a few other logical posters

Thats because no one logically looked at that matchup. I picked Cotto to wreck Sergio, just like he did , as did a few other logical posters

I picked him to win too. What I meant to say was, the consensus (among fans, Vegas, and in the industry) was that Martinez would wreck Cotto. Just because some of us thought otherwise doesn't make that any less true. The fact is, Cotto went into that fight the underdog.

Hey fuck you man. I'm no logical posting expert.

I was one of those logical posters who picked Cotto.

I was one of those logical posters who picked Cotto.

I picked Cotto. But the idea that anybody who picked Martinez was being illogical is absolutely ridiculous. It's one of those statements that somebody makes just because they happened to be right that specific time and wants to pat their own back. But using that same line of reasoning, we've all been illogical countless times by picking the wrong winner.

I picked Cotto. But the idea that anybody who picked Martinez was being illogical is absolutely ridiculous. .

It wasn't to me. Cotto beats guys like Sergio. People were also ignoring how physically broken Sergio was.

It wasn't to me. Cotto beats guys like Sergio. People were also ignoring how physically broken Sergio was.

I actually think Cotto is a tough matchup for Sergio anyways. The injuries just made me more confident. But Martinez was still a monster compared to Cotto, as far as their physical size. I don't blame people for thinking Martinez was just too big and too strong.

I actually think Cotto is a tough matchup for Sergio anyways. The injuries just made me more confident. But Martinez was still a monster compared to Cotto, as far as their physical size. I don't blame people for thinking Martinez was just too big and too strong.

I think a prime Sergio beats Cotto in a great fight.

That one-legged version of him was gonna have serious trouble with anyone honestly. Long before that fight actually happened when he admitted publicly he couldn't even do roadwork at all anymore most of us knew it was over. A guy who had an entire style based on movement and cardio couldn't even jog anymore. So I do understand the "illogical" comment simply because the people who were really paying attention for a few months leading up to it knew he was utterly physically wrecked beforehand.

Of course anyone who didn't know that stuff could have easily picked Sergio so it works both ways.

I picked Cotto. But the idea that anybody who picked Martinez was being illogical is absolutely ridiculous. It's one of those statements that somebody makes just because they happened to be right that specific time and wants to pat their own back. But using that same line of reasoning, we've all been illogical countless times by picking the wrong winner.

There are people here who hated Martinez because of all the trash he talked about Floyd. They were always picking Martinez to lose. Has nothing to do with logic. Miguel Cotto has never been an easy night for any fighter but I've always believed prime Sergio would beat him.

Cotto couldn't keep up the type of pace that Martinez kept up in, say the first Williams fight for example. Nor could Cotto take the same punishment Martinez doled out to Kelly Pavlik. Now I give full credit to Cotto for beating the lineal MW champ. Martinez's injuries weren't Cotto's problem. But Martinez WAS a finished fighter who was only able to move in one direction the whole night. I had picked Sergio to win because I believed that, even if he had lost some athleticism to the knee injury, he'd still be able to grind out a decision. Saying that's illogical is elitist bullshit. I just never imagined Martinez would be in THAT bad of a shape. I don't know how he got cleared to fight on that knee.

I have Cotto by UD, I'm a CA fan but I just don't think Cotto will play his game.

Can anyone explain how Miguel beating sexy had any bearing on this fight?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back