News Arum says Top Rank will return with shows on ESPN in June

sweetviolenturg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-we...-three-times-week-starting-early-june--148810

This is great news! I can't wait. He says that they'll begin with about three cards per week with four bouts on each card to be telecast from an as-yet-unnamed hotel in Las Vegas.

This news, combined with the news that the UK has given the OK for similar behind closed doors cards to take place there means that the sport is set to return about six weeks sooner than I thought it would. Which is awesome as far as I'm concerned.

I hope DAZN does something like this too. Between Matchroom and GBP they have Enough young up and coming fighters that they could have a weekly card until the end of this thing. Some of these guys could be fighting once a month or more instead of every 3 or 4 months. Obviously the big names will have to sit out until crowds are allowed again.

This is a great chance to see some up and comers who will usually be lost on undercards and small hall shows. I can't see Canelo etc fighting in empty auditoriums at this point.

This is a great chance to see some up and comers who will usually be lost on undercards and small hall shows. I can't see Canelo etc fighting in empty auditoriums at this point.

The money simply won't be there for the very biggest fights.

Arum said he has already had that chat with Tyson Fury and Fury fully understands that with $17m from his last fight coming from the gate the trilogy fight is not going to play to an empty house. Arum saying Fury-Wilder III now likely to be pushed back to Nov-Dec.

Back