Arum says Lomachenko vs Walters is done, pending broadcast deal.

Walters loses but it's a Loma fight that I can actually get behind since his embarrassing of Russell Jr.

I agree, thats why they decided to try to make the fight now instead of when Walters was looking like a destroyer.

Perhaps but it also might be that there really aren't any obvious good fights left for Loma out there. Walters is the obvious choice being a top rank fighter.

Perhaps but it also might be that there really aren't any obvious good fights left for Loma out there. Walters is the obvious choice being a top rank fighter.
And he was a top rank fighter when Lomachenko and his team said they had no interest.

And he was a top rank fighter when Lomachenko and his team said they had no interest.
Same fighter then as now. I don't see Lomachenko or his management as scared to take a fight. This is the man who took on wiley veteran Salido in his second pro fight. Nobody is saying Walters isn't a dangerous proposition, difference is now they have no where else to go in terms of decent matchmaking.

Same fighter then as now. I don't see Lomachenko or his management as scared to take a fight. This is the man who took on wiley veteran Salido in his second pro fight. Nobody is saying Walters isn't a dangerous proposition, difference is now they have no where else to go.
No he's not. Walters was destroying big names. He wrecked Donaire and Darchinyan and Lomachenko and co turned him down. Now he's looked mediocre in his last two, and the fight is getting made. They are even going up in weight which they said they wouldn't do.

No he's not. Walters was destroying big names. He wrecked Donaire and Darchinyan and Lomachenko and co turned him down. Now he's looked mediocre in his last two, and the fight is getting made. They are even going up in weight which they said they wouldn't do.
He was destroying big names who were ripe for the picking. Are you really impressed with destroying Vic? Seriously Seano? My little brother could KO Vic at this point, never mind Walters. An undersized Nonito who looked like shit in his previous two fights?

Walters has not changed as a fighter whatsoever. This is the same Walters that Loma could have fought a year ago. There was no chin destroying KO, no body changing weight cut, no war to make him gunshy. Now, Loma has no options other than Walters, and he's taking on the second best guy at 130. Nothing here but you wanting Loma to be a coward.

He was destroying big names who were ripe for the picking. Are you really impressed with destroying Vic? Seriously Seano? My little brother could KO Vic at this point, never mind Walters. An undersized Nonito who looked like shit in his previous two fights?

Walters has not changed as a fighter whatsoever. This is the same Walters that Loma could have fought a year ago. There was no chin destroying KO, no body changing weight cut, no war to make him gunshy. Now, Loma has no options other than Walters, and he's taking on the second best guy at 130. Nothing here but you wanting Loma to be a coward.
I was pretty impressed with the way he dispatched Donaire, yes. And his destruction of Darchinyan was probably most fans intro to Walters. They were impressive performances.

Certainly better than he looked in his last two fights.

Lomachenko doesn't duck the top competition like Adonis Stevenson does. Nice to see.

I was pretty impressed with the way he dispatched Donaire, yes. And his destruction of Darchinyan was probably most fans intro to Walters. They were impressive performances.

Certainly better than he looked in his last two fights.
oh yeah, definitely better looking than his last two performances. But against worse opponents too. I was impressed by the Donaire fight, but Vic? Not at all. Vic is shot to shit. Just another exotic white power puncher going up in weight and getting exposed. Nothing about Walters has changed.

You are right they did say that....which just goes to show they are fully aware they have no options/opponents at 125lb hence why they are now willing to take on Walters at a higher weight.

Walters didn't look so great vs Marriaga when he didn't make weight. No suprise fighters often give poor performances when they miss weight. And then his next fight was at 130 where surprise his power didn't carry up to 130 so well. Again this is normal when someone moves up weight. Lomachenko is willing to go up above his natural weight class to take on the bigger man. That's not the trait of a coward no matter how you want to portray him. I know you aren't keen on exotic white fighters but you are stretching it here.

Last edited:
You are right they did say that....which just goes to show they are fully aware they have no options/opponents at 125lb hence why they are now willing to take on Walters at a higher weight.

Walters didn't look so great vs Marriaga when he didn't make weight. No suprise fighters often give poor performances when they miss weight. And then his next fight was at 130 where surprise his power didn't carry up to 130 so well. Again this is normal when someone moves up weight. Lomachenko is willing to go up above his natural weight class to take on the bigger man. That's not the trait of a coward no matter how you want to portray him. I know you aren't keen on exotic white fighters but you are stretching it here.
Didn't really say he was a coward.

And for the millionth time, the exotic white fighters thing is an inside joke in this forum. I am white as a ghost. I have no problem with white fighters. I can't believe people are really dumb enough to believe that's a real opinion of mine.

Gonna be a great fight.. Favor Loma just because he has more diversity, but Walter's has one of the best jabs in boxing...

Gonna be a great fight.. Favor Loma just because he has more diversity, but Walter's has one of the best jabs in boxing...
Its not happening. Lomachenko picked Roman Martinez instead.

Didn't really say he was a coward.

And for the millionth time, the exotic white fighters thing is an inside joke in this forum. I am white as a ghost. I have no problem with white fighters. I can't believe people are really dumb enough to believe that's a real opinion of mine.
I know it's an in joke but there does seem to be an element of disdain for fighters like GGG and Lomachenko that creeps through in your posts.

I know it's an in joke but there does seem to be an element of disdain for fighters like GGG and Lomachenko that creeps through in your posts.
So what? Even if I expressed deliberate contempt for these guys, what does it matter? Is that the only way people can make an argument? "You're a hater, lets ignore you! :("

The points are valid. What does it matter if I don't express loyalty to Golovkin or Lomachenko on a regular enough basis for their fans to be pleased?

So what? Even if I expressed deliberate contempt for these guys, what does it matter? Is that the only way people can make an argument? "You're a hater, lets ignore you! :("

The points are valid. What does it matter if I don't express loyalty to Golovkin or Lomachenko on a regular enough basis for their fans to be pleased?
Keep your panties on! I'm not saying you are a hater therefore your opinion doesn't count, I'm saying I feel you have a bit of a bias against them. It would be remiss of me not to point that out when I notice it.

Don't forget Kovalev, he likes to post disparaging things about Kovalev & talk up Stevenson as well.

Don't forget Kovalev, he likes to post disparaging things about Kovalev & talk up Stevenson as well.
Jesus, another crybaby.

I have never "talked up Stevenson" ever. I do not like Stevenson at all.

You always take his side when the who ducked who argument comes up.

Back