News Arum remains optimistic Fury will fight Usyk early next year

News from the other day. Saudi is still the frontrunner and we're waiting on Fury to strike a deal. Usyk was already made an offer that he accepted (they offer separate deals to the fighters over there).

Arum: “Usyk’s people tell me that they have a deal that they’re satisfied with and now and if the Saudis are truly interested they’ll make a deal with us for Tyson Fury and we’re off to the races. The fight would take place either before or after Ramadan but the fighters don’t need a long window to prepare if it’s after Ramadan because neither are Muslim.”

It is understood that Saturday April 29 is the date being considered for either Wembley Stadium or a venue in Saudi Arabia.

Arum added: “I’m going over to London next week for the Artur Beterbiev – Anthony Yarde world title fight so I’ll be liaising in person with Frank and George [Warren] and we’ll make whatever alternate arrangements we have to…”

“Everybody on both sides wants to do it, there’s no question about it,” explained Arum. “Hopefully it’ll get done. If not I think Fury has a number of options, one of whom is Joe Joyce which would be a massive fight in the UK…and in America, come to that.”

Exclusive Bob Arum: Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk close to done for Middle East or Wembley Stadium

News from the other day. Saudi is still the frontrunner and we're waiting on Fury to strike a deal. Usyk was already made an offer that he accepted (they offer separate deals to the fighters over there).

Arum: “Usyk’s people tell me that they have a deal that they’re satisfied with and now and if the Saudis are truly interested they’ll make a deal with us for Tyson Fury and we’re off to the races. The fight would take place either before or after Ramadan but the fighters don’t need a long window to prepare if it’s after Ramadan because neither are Muslim.”

It is understood that Saturday April 29 is the date being considered for either Wembley Stadium or a venue in Saudi Arabia.

Arum added: “I’m going over to London next week for the Artur Beterbiev – Anthony Yarde world title fight so I’ll be liaising in person with Frank and George [Warren] and we’ll make whatever alternate arrangements we have to…”

“Everybody on both sides wants to do it, there’s no question about it,” explained Arum. “Hopefully it’ll get done. If not I think Fury has a number of options, one of whom is Joe Joyce which would be a massive fight in the UK…and in America, come to that.”

Exclusive Bob Arum: Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk close to done for Middle East or Wembley Stadium

I’m way too old to take anything Arum says for granted but I’m sort of optimistic though.

I’m way too old to take anything Arum says for granted but I’m sort of optimistic though.
I hear you. It's hard to get too excited at this stage because we've seen big fights like this fall through too many times. Even at the 11th hour after contracts have already been signed. With Usyk's end done the ball is now in Fury's court. Hopefully he doesn't ruin this like he did with the AJ negotiations. If he does he'll have pissed away the two biggest money fights available to him (with the Usyk fight doubling as a legacy fight).

Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk's undisputed world title fight could take place at Wembley despite Saudi Arabia having initially appeared the most likely location; "That will be sorted out hopefully next week and we'll have an announcement shortly," said Bob Arum
"If the fight goes to the Middle East it will be sometime after Ramadan and if the fight is in the UK it will be the beginning of April."
Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk: Bob Arum says fight location to be revealed next week

a wembley stadium fight is chump change now lol used to be the pinnacle
fury seems unenthused by the fight tbh, zero faith in this happening

a wembley stadium fight is chump change now lol used to be the pinnacle
fury seems unenthused by the fight tbh, zero faith in this happening
Chump change compared to the fight taking place in Saudi or elsewhere in the Middle East due to the size of the site fees over there. This fight going to the UK would mean much less revenue for both fighters. And, if it does, it will likely require purse split renegotiations since Team Fury now wants a 60/40 split instead of the originally agreed upon 50/50. Usyk has already accepted the Saudi's offer. We're still waiting on Fury to accept his respective offer, whatever that may be. On the other hand if they do it in the UK then Fury will not only receive the bigger split (likely) he'll also get to have homefield advantage.

It's clear to me that Team Fury would prefer to have it in the UK at Wembley Stadium. Both Warren and Arum have already said that much. Fury has thus far allowed his handlers to do their job. That's not a bad thing. He just needs to accept whichever offer they decide to go with and sign the contract. Does he really want this fight? We should know by sometime next week.

Chump change compared to the fight taking place in Saudi or elsewhere in the Middle East due to the size of the site fees over there. This fight going to the UK would mean much less revenue for both fighters. And, if it does, it will likely require purse split renegotiations since Team Fury now wants a 60/40 split instead of the originally agreed upon 50/50. Usyk has already accepted the Saudi's offer. We're still waiting on Fury to accept his respective offer, whatever that may be. On the other hand if they do it in the UK then Fury will not only receive the bigger split (likely) he'll also get to have homefield advantage.

It's clear to me that Team Fury would prefer to have it in the UK at Wembley Stadium. Both Warren and Arum have already said that much. Fury has thus far allowed his handlers to do their job. That's not a bad thing. He just needs to accept whichever offer they decide to go with and sign the contract. Does he really want this fight? We should know by sometime next week.
I was getting the impression the Saudi deal was failing, thus Frank is looking at Wembley, Frank Smith even said only DAZN can seal deals in the middle east? Renegotiation sounds painful and Usyk deserves 50/50 but i have faith in him biting the bullet to get the fight done. With fury though you never know.

I was getting the impression the Saudi deal was failing, thus Frank is looking at Wembley, Frank Smith even said only DAZN can seal deals in the middle east? Renegotiation sounds painful and Usyk deserves 50/50 but i have faith in him biting the bullet to get the fight done. With fury though you never know.
Well, there's separate deals in Saudi. That's how they do it over there. Meaning Usyk was already made an offer that he was satisfied with. He accepted it. Fury was expected to then receive his own offer. I think they're only looking at Wembley in case they're not happy with theirs. Obviously both parties have to be otherwise there will be no fight made.

If Frank Smith is right about that then what would be the point of the Saudis having already made Usyk an offer that he took? I mean, he might be right, we'll have to see. Yeah, Usyk deserves 50/50 but I think he'd make the concession and take 40% to fight over in the UK. If that doesn't work then they could always meet in the middle at 55/45. I don't think it'll be painful because Usyk is desperate to make this undisputed fight. Fury has always been the question mark as you alluded to.

Well, there's separate deals in Saudi. That's how they do it over there. Meaning Usyk was already made an offer that he was satisfied with. He accepted it. Fury was expected to then receive his own offer. I think they're only looking at Wembley in case they're not happy with theirs. Obviously both parties have to be otherwise there will be no fight made.

If Frank Smith is right about that then what would be the point of the Saudis having already made Usyk an offer that he took? I mean, he might be right, we'll have to see. Yeah, Usyk deserves 50/50 but I think he'd make the concession and take 40% to fight over in the UK. If that doesn't work then they could always meet in the middle at 55/45. I don't think it'll be painful because Usyk is desperate to make this undisputed fight. Fury has always been the question mark as you alluded to.
Usyk just said the other day he'd fight Fury for free. im not sure if he was being hyperbolic but for some reason im inclined to believe him

Usyk just said the other day he'd fight Fury for free. im not sure if he was being hyperbolic but for some reason im inclined to believe him
He actually might but he probably just said it because Fury had said it previously. Said he'd fight AJ for free. He's just letting it be known that it isn't as much about the money as it is legacy. At this point I really don't care. They've been negotiating for months. Starting right before Fury fought Chisora for the third time. They need to finalize this already.

He actually might but he probably just said it because Fury had said it previously. Said he'd fight AJ for free. He's just letting it be known that it isn't as much about the money as it is legacy. At this point I really don't care. They've been negotiating for months. Starting right before Fury fought Chisora for the third time. They need to finalize this already.
yeah youre probably right. part of me believes Usyk despite it all. and yes, absolutely 1000% in agreement. enough talking, make the damned fight and get us our undefeated undisputed heavyweight champ. its been over 20 years now!

Fury really is owerrating his money generating potential.
He is thinking that just cos he does have U.K passport he should get 60% from split and hometown ref & fight in U.K?
Instead 50/50 and fight in Saudi?

He is lesser attractive than A.J and will generate lesser $ from tickets sales in U.K than A.J....

He does have 1 belt.
Usyk:3 belts.

If I was Usyk, I had asked for 60% and fight in Saudi.

Where sorry, most likely Usyk will have better gas tank in late rounds than Fury....

This.
Cast system cos boxer's passport and promoter still looks that is ....

While pro boxing belts are just decorations....
Anyway.

Due to these multiple orgs and bireucracy BS + long negotiations and $ as priority.

Sorry for reality , Usyk does generate more money than Fury in reality.....
A.J generated more than Usyk therefore he get clauses and higher % in split....

Fury isn't this....

You underestimate the big man. Boxing in his blood. No way he'll turn down an fight for be undisputed, but it has to be on the right terms.

You underestimate the big man. Boxing in his blood. No way he'll turn down an fight for be undisputed, but it has to be on the right terms.
Boxing is in his blood, we all know his lineage, but many of us are wondering if he's turned into a businessman. You say he won't turn down a fight for undisputed but actually he already has. He was twice given the opportunity since Usyk beat AJ initially. What followed was an outrageous claim demanding a half billion dollars followed by a fake retirement. Then came bad faith negotiations with AJ only to be capped off by a completely pointless trilogy fight with Chisora.

It has to be on the right terms? A fight with Usyk would literally be the biggest payday of his career, an opportunity to fight for more belts than he ever has (all of them), and a chance to cement his legacy as the best heavyweight of this era. If those aren't the right terms then they'll never be.

If negotiations collapse in this final stage then expect Fury to fight Ngannou next. Either in June or July. Imagine going from an undisputed heavyweight championship fight to that. SMH

One of the shittiest rags in the world is reporting April 29th as the date in Saudi.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21245714/tyson-fury-oleksandr-usyk-saudi-arabia/
'The super showdown has been pushed back a few weeks after originally being pencilled in for March.

According to ESPN, April 29 is being targeted by both camps and an agreement could happen soon.

The report also claims Usyk has closed his side of the deal for the fight to take place in Saudi Arabia.

Fury must now do the same to secure the fight, which will see both boxers risk their undefeated records.

It was claimed the fight could take place at Wembley, but that is now considered a back-up option.'

One of the shittiest rags in the world is reporting April 29th as the date in Saudi.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21245714/tyson-fury-oleksandr-usyk-saudi-arabia/
'The super showdown has been pushed back a few weeks after originally being pencilled in for March.

According to ESPN, April 29 is being targeted by both camps and an agreement could happen soon.

The report also claims Usyk has closed his side of the deal for the fight to take place in Saudi Arabia.

Fury must now do the same to secure the fight, which will see both boxers risk their undefeated records.

It was claimed the fight could take place at Wembley, but that is now considered a back-up option.'
The Sun isn't a good source but that date has been reported by ESPN and other sources as they indicated. I posted that Usyk's side was done a week ago so that's nothing new (see below). We're just waiting on Fury. Unless the location changes and it does go to the UK. That will likely cause purse split renegotiations meaning it'll take longer to get this over the line.
With Usyk's end done the ball is now in Fury's court. Hopefully he doesn't ruin this like he did with the AJ negotiations. If he does he'll have pissed away the two biggest money fights available to him (with the Usyk fight doubling as a legacy fight).

According to Fury they're still waiting for their Saudi offer to come through. Apparently Usyk really wants to do it at Wembley. Fury looks delighted to hear it. April 29th is still the target date which would give them enough time to get this over the line, promote the fight, and for both fighters to get full camps in. Hopefully the Saudis make Fury an offer this week. The delay has kept everyone in limbo. We don't know what offer Usyk agreed to since it hasn't been disclosed yet but I'm sure it involved big money. Otherwise he wouldn't have accepted their initial offer.

Back