News Arum remains optimistic Fury will fight Usyk early next year

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vid...-fury-and-oleksandr-usyk-have-agreed-to-fight
https://en.as.com/other_sports/tyson-fury-and-oleksandr-usyk-have-agreed-to-fight-n/?outputType=amp

Bob Arum confirms that Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk is on!

Promoter Bob Arum reveals that Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk have agreed to fight each other, but the date and location are yet to be revealed.

/

The two fighters have agreed to fight each other next (...) I’m very, very confident. As I said, the fighters have both agreed to fight each other next without any interim fights “, Arum said to Sky Sports.

“With Fury and Usyk, we’re dealing with two adults, not a lot of back and forth. Usyk is a good friend of mine, he’s very intelligent, and Tyson is Superman, both as an athlete and as an intellect”, he added.

Arum added that the fight could take place in the UK, although they have received a couple of big offers from the Middle East to hold the super bout there.

Posted about it yesterday in another Fury vs Usyk thread.
Fight is expected to be finalized before the end of the year. It'll need to be if they're going to fight on that March 4th date. Here's the latest.

Fury, Usyk Agree To Fight Next Without Interim-Bouts, Says Arum

Edit. Usyk has left Ukraine to start camp. As of about 4 or 5 days ago.

Looks like Usyk starts camp on the 24th....

l03xibgz0j7a1.png

A 91 year old is “optimistic” about a big project in his fucking job for next fucking year.

if that aint motivation for u couch potatos out there idk what is.

Usyk had used elephants also before fight vs A.J.

The next step is to issue contracts.

Alex Krassyuk, Usyk's promoter, believes those have been drawn up.

"Probably yes [the contracts have been issued], but we have not received them yet," he told Sky Sports.

Krassyuk though is hopeful the heavyweight super-fight will be finalised soon.

"Yes," he said, "we are on our way."

Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Uysk: Promoters 'on the way' to finalising undisputed heavyweight championship fight

Edit Frank Warren:
The date will probably be in March," Warren continued. "That's basically where we're at, early March. But no location has been finalized, once we get the fight done then the rest will just fall into place, we're still negotiating as to the site but until we've got the fight done then we've got nothing. Let's get the fight done and then get to where it's going to take place. You never know, it could take place at Wembley.

"I'm confident that the people we're dealing with in Alex [Krassyuk] and Egis [Klimas] as well as Bob Arum that we're all of the same mind and of the same opinion of getting this on. I'm quite confident that we can get it on, but it's got to be signed and we are moving in the right direction, at least. We've got a contract being issued.

Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk is Inching Closer, Says Warren

Last edited:
only a year? Wow boxing really has it together

what if it rains dough?

fury has never seemed to fancy it and being boxing, there are a multitude of ways to avoid it -

Yeah. Sad really. I stopped updating this thread a couple weeks ago. The only progress I'd heard since was that draft contracts were sent out. That doesn't do any good when they're already out of time. The fight would have to be pushed back. Fury went MIA while Usyk has been in fight camp calling him out. Now apparently Fury and his whole family are in the Canary Islands on holiday for two weeks. They're in Tenerife. If Fury is fine with not taking advantage of the two biggest paydays of his career (AJ & Usyk) then that's on him. Both are 9 figure fights. Either way, not a good look for him.

Yeah. Sad really. I stopped updating this thread a couple weeks ago. The only progress I'd heard since was that draft contracts were sent out. That doesn't do any good when they're already out of time. The fight would have to be pushed back. Fury went MIA while Usyk has been in fight camp calling him out. Now apparently Fury and his whole family are in the Canary Islands on holiday for two weeks. They're in Tenerife. If Fury is fine with not taking advantage of the two biggest paydays of his career (AJ & Usyk) then that's on him. Both are 9 figure fights. Either way, not a good look for him.
So many red flags, im not cleaning up AJs mess, nodody knows Usyk .. he's not bursting with enthusiasm to talk about or verbally attack the man, but anyone else .. now frank saying it will have to done quickly? Where are you .. belly!

So many red flags, im not cleaning up AJs mess, nodody knows Usyk .. he's not bursting with enthusiasm to talk about or verbally attack the man, but anyone else .. now frank saying it will have to done quickly? Where are you .. belly!
I hear you. I wonder what Fury's final excuse will be for this one? Frank is right but by the time he said it it was already too late. The fight was supposed to be done before the new year. Just another giant missed opportunity. One less great fight that the fans will get now.

The agreed upon split has always been 50/50 regardless of venue or location so for Team Fury to take issue with it now (if it's made and lands at Wembley) is lame. Last minute renegotiation attempts are problematic. I still think it's too late to salvage the fight at this point unless they can delay it until the summer. It was either going to happen by March 4th or likely not at all as previously stated by Usyk's promoter.

Back