News Arum remains optimistic Fury will fight Usyk early next year

Kovalev's "Man Bag"

Threat Actor
@Silver
Reaction score
Who does Usyk fight if Fury fights Joshua

Who does Usyk fight if Fury fights Joshua
Fury is likely fighting Chisora next for a third time. A fight with Joshua is off the table for now. If Fury fights him fight after next though then I could see Usyk facing Wilder. That's the only other top guy in the division that Usyk says he's interested in.

Fury is likely fighting Chisora next for a third time. A fight with Joshua is off the table for now. If Fury fights him fight after next though then I could see Usyk facing Wilder. That's the only other top guy in the division that Usyk says he's interested in.

Update. Here's a direct quote from Frank Warren. He says that Fury has a three fight plan—Chisora will be first, then Usyk, and if Fury were to beat Usyk then he'd defend all of the titles against Joyce.

I spoke to Tyson yesterday and he was talking about Joyce next year, having this fight with Chisora, hopefully unifying the titles [in a fight with Usyk] and then fighting Joe Joyce,” Warren told the paper. “That’s what Tyson was talking about, so we’ll see where we go with it. That’s where we are with the (Usyk) fight, we are still trying to get it done because of all the time we wasted on the other fight [with AJ]. We want to get him out before the end of the year so he can have the big one in February with Usyk.

Frank Warren Maps Out Tyson Fury’s Next Three Fights

Last edited:
There’s absolutely no way he fights chisora in dec, then usyk within 3-4 months. If this fight happens it’ll be the summer. I’m not that confident this fight will ever happen
When he turns down feb/march does that mean he’s ducked usyk, like usyk is ducking him now?

Would have thought Arum should be optimistic about seeing through the winter.

I don't think it's possible to come up with a less exciting match-up than this, even in the entire heavyweight championship history. A washed-up journeyman fighting for the belt against a guy who dominated him twice when he was actually in his prime.

Give some other fringe contender a shot because atleast we haven't seen Fury beat them.

Wilder if he wins tomorrow …. Apparently he is going to be ring side tomorrow at the fights

I bet he isn’t there! He said it because fury was fuckin around pretending he wanted to fight Joshua rather than usyk.

Let’s wait and see … I think usyk vs wilder can be a huge fight also
Usyk said he'd be in attendance tonight so I'm also curious to see if he will be. His manager said that if they can't secure the Fury fight for early next year then they'll look elsewhere. Wilder is the only other fighter he's interested in because it's a big fight as you said. That's why I think he plans to attend the fight. If Wilder beats Helenius then he's his backup option. And, unlike Fury, he's not difficult to negotiate with.

Usyk appeals to Fury and calls for their undisputed fight. Calls him borracho which means drunk in Spanish.

Latest update

Usyk's manager says that everything is done on their end. The ball is now entirely in Fury's court.
“Everything is done from our side – everything. Absolutely.

So, there’s only one guy who can say, ‘Yes, we’re going [ahead];’ that’s Fury.”

Last edited:
On a final note — Usyk has given Fury a taste of his own medicine. He's set a deadline for the undisputed fight to take place early next year. If it doesn't happen by March 4th then it'll have to wait until a little later in the year. The deadline is for religious reasons. Usyk is a devout Orthodox Christian who fasts over the Easter period. Orthodox Easter 2023 is April 16th so anywhere near that date is off the table.

Oleksandr Usyk sets Tyson Fury March 4 deadline for undisputed heavyweight title blockbuster

On a final note — Usyk has given Fury a taste of his own medicine. He's set a deadline for the undisputed fight to take place early next year. If it doesn't happen by March 4th then it'll have to wait until a little later in the year. The deadline is for religious reasons. Usyk is a devout Orthodox Christian who fasts over the Easter period. Orthodox Easter 2023 is April 16th so anywhere near that date is off the table.

Oleksandr Usyk sets Tyson Fury March 4 deadline for undisputed heavyweight title blockbuster

It now becomes clearer why Fury needed to Give AJ a deadline so the fight could be on dec 3, the latest, Fury wanted a fight and 3 clear months leadin to the Usyk fight, this date of dec 3 ruled out Joyce and possibly a few other decent heavyweights

PErhaps AJ's team knew this hence the stalling tactics

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vid...-fury-and-oleksandr-usyk-have-agreed-to-fight
https://en.as.com/other_sports/tyson-fury-and-oleksandr-usyk-have-agreed-to-fight-n/?outputType=amp

Bob Arum confirms that Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk is on!

Promoter Bob Arum reveals that Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk have agreed to fight each other, but the date and location are yet to be revealed.

/

The two fighters have agreed to fight each other next (...) I’m very, very confident. As I said, the fighters have both agreed to fight each other next without any interim fights “, Arum said to Sky Sports.

“With Fury and Usyk, we’re dealing with two adults, not a lot of back and forth. Usyk is a good friend of mine, he’s very intelligent, and Tyson is Superman, both as an athlete and as an intellect”, he added.

Arum added that the fight could take place in the UK, although they have received a couple of big offers from the Middle East to hold the super bout there.

Back