Arum plans huge event for April 20th

Ridiculous if you have actually watched his last two fights.

Maidana has more power and based on his last two fights the skill was always there and is being brought out now. From what I heard he was quite the boxer in the ams.

Margarito was all balls and he had some success with that. Not saying Maidana > Margarito but he is heading in the right direction.

I'll admit I have not seen him fight recently but he has always been very easy to hit and just sloppy in general. Margarito at least is fundamentally sound.

I'll admit I have not seen him fight recently but he has always been very easy to hit and just sloppy in general. Margarito at least is fundamentally sound.

Watch his last two fights..

Maidana and canelo are the two most improved fighters of 2012

Particularly defensively. The skull is one of the hardest bones in the body and ideal for blocking punches, particularly the facial area.

Particularly defensively. The skull is one of the hardest bones in the body and ideal for blocking punches, particularly the facial area.

He can at least jab. Maidens has, or at least had almost no concept of boxing fundamentals at all.

He can at least jab. Maidens has, or at least had almost no concept of boxing fundamentals at all.

That's what Morales said when he was about to fight him. He thought he had a good chance because he throws crisp punches and maidana loops his and doesn't set them up properly. Obviously time has passed since then.

Maidana's name is being brought up.
The only way TR works with GB is, if one of their fighters is a mandatory.

It would be a good card, but it wouldn't blow may 4th out of the water by any stretch of the imagination. When you talk about May 4th, your talking about the current best fighter on the planet and the two best up and coming fighters on the planet.

Maidana would get starched by Pacquiao, knocked out. If you aren't very good fundamentally, you will get eaten alive by Pacman. Maidana's lack of lateral movement would make it pretty much impossible for him to win. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to give their head a wobble.

It would be a good card, but it wouldn't blow may 4th out of the water by any stretch of the imagination. When you talk about May 4th, your talking about the current best fighter on the planet and the two best up and coming fighters on the planet.

Maidana would get starched by Pacquiao, knocked out. If you aren't very good fundamentally, you will get eaten alive by Pacman. Maidana's lack of lateral movement would make it pretty much impossible for him to win. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to give their head a wobble.

Old maidana and I would agree...

But the new and improved maidana looks impressive...surely you agree the man has made leaps and bounds I'm improvement

Do you think they could work out a reasonable catch weight for Gamboa vs Maidana?

Doubt it, wouldn't be too excited about it either.

Old maidana and I would agree...

But the new and improved maidana looks impressive...surely you agree the man has made leaps and bounds I'm improvement

Hardly, he's fought Karass and Angel Martinez, he would of always beat both of them. I see subtle improvements, but he is still lacking fundamentally. Pacquiao wouldn knock him out, it wouldn't even be close.

Hardly, he's fought Karass and Angel Martinez, he would of always beat both of them. I see subtle improvements, but he is still lacking fundamentally. Pacquiao wouldn knock him out, it wouldn't even be close.

Not saying he would beat Pac man. I don't think he's fast enough. I do disagree with the bold though. He has improved leaps and bounds. A lot of people were shocked at who they saw vs Karass. The changes he made were significant.

Sechenko and Jesse Vargas are being mentioned.

lol Pacquiao vs. Humberto Soto. I wouldn't mind seeing that fight 4 years ago. But now? no way.

I'm not too excited about the May 4th card....

Mayweather vs. Guerrero is going to suck. Such a mismatch, and I like Guerrero but he's not ready. Canelo will get another overmatched opponent and who will Broner fight? If its not Burns or Vasquez I have no interest.

If we get Viloria vs. Chocolatito, then I would much rather see the April card.

Oh shit, I didn't know Donaire was being guaranteed to appear.

Back