News Artur Beterbiev signed a contract for unification fight with Oleksandr Gvozdyk

Oct 18, 2019
USA

Fck yes!!
Who ya got, dawgs?!

Great fight. I think I got the Nail via using range, movement and being more accurate. Beterbiev is good and strong, he comes forward, but will be walking into a strong jab and right hand. Gvozdyk has a few inches in both height and reach, too lazy to check the numbers tho.

Both their chins likely get tested in the bout

pulling for artur, but i like gvozdyk also

IMO Beterbiev lacks both defence and creativity. In the Callum Johnson fight he was easily pressured and couldn't find the way to escape ropes. He doesn't pivot off or anything, just swarms when you step close, and in the clinch he just pummels and gets hit at the same time as he throws (that's how Callum floored him). Against Kolling he was only looking to head hunt, I don't remember much up & down work in his offence. I think he'll have a hard time regaining center of the ring vs. Gvozdyk who can easily overwhelm his opponent (e.g. Stevenson fight) as well as stay behind the jab and fight at his range and his terms.

Tough to call, great fight though

It's a terrific fight that I can't wait to see. Good on Arum for putting this one together. I think Beterbiev is as exciting as hell & he's one of my favs but I think the Ukrainian will come out on top in an excellent fight.

Awesome to hear. I don't know who's going to win but it's nice to see a couple of undefeated champs wanting to fight each other instead of trying to build it for years.

IMO Beterbiev lacks both defence and creativity. In the Callum Johnson fight he was easily pressured and couldn't find the way to escape ropes. He doesn't pivot off or anything, just swarms when you step close, and in the clinch he just pummels and gets hit at the same time as he throws (that's how Callum floored him). Against Kolling he was only looking to head hunt, I don't remember much up & down work in his offence. I think he'll have a hard time regaining center of the ring vs. Gvozdyk who can easily overwhelm his opponent (e.g. Stevenson fight) as well as stay behind the jab and fight at his range and his terms.
I wouldn’t say he couldn’t find a way to step away from the ropes. I’d say he didn’t care to and that’s scary. I like him a lot, but he’s reckless and is in love with his punching power. That being said, it’s going to be a fun fight.

good to know my ban is finally over. I missed you guys. Gvosdyk hesitates a lot but if he boxes and doesn't trade beterbiev might try to box back and lose slightly.

Great fight. Can't wait.

He overwhelmed Stevenson only because the Canadian had nothing left after trying to finish Gvozdyk off in the previous round. He sent Gvozdyk stumbling backwards into the ropes in one of the few hard punches either man landed up at until that point. Neither fighter looked very good, but you expected more from Gvozdyk because of the age difference.

Biev gets knocked out imo.

Biev gets knocked out imo.

bold, but I can see it too. I feel he is going to be eating a lot of jabs and straight rights all night. Beterbiev needs quicker feet to cut the ring off vs the movement of Gvozdyk.

Beterbiev likely wins. The first time I saw Gvodzyk, I thought he looked like a monster but he's looked sort of flat since.

good to know my ban is finally over. I missed you guys. Gvosdyk hesitates a lot but if he boxes and doesn't trade beterbiev might try to box back and lose slightly.
<FookIsThatGuy>

bold, but I can see it too. I feel he is going to be eating a lot of jabs and straight rights all night. Beterbiev needs quicker feet to cut the ring off vs the movement of Gvozdyk.
Playing the power game with a guy who boxes better, with nearly the same power, is a dangerous one. Biev gets hit too willingly for this one imo.

I think he gets pieced up for a while, gets Gvozdyk to trade at some point, and the cumulative damage takes its toll.

funny you've sent me a PM and even made a post about my banning saying I was usually level headed and was confused why I committed E-suicide. you also told the person who quoted my Post that quoting bannable stuff is bannable plus I was buster keaton and we messaged a lot. Y'all Must've forgot?

Beterbiev likely wins. The first time I saw Gvodzyk, I thought he looked like a monster but he's looked sort of flat since.
Lucky for Beterbiev he has switched from boxing to slugging in every fight even if he waited until round 12 once. I wasn't as impressed in the Stevenson fight for Gvosdyk as most since it was razor close until he nearly killed a tired old stevenson. this is a pick em I don't want to over compensate because I'm going to back Beterbiev vs anyone but he has a legit chance to lose I hope he doesnt.

Back