Artists you were lucky to see live and will never be able to see again

Jerry Garcia at the Bill Graham memorial concert in golden gate park

John Denver a few months before he died

Sam Kinison also a few months before he died.

Kinison was so trashed that he mostly just mumbled and staggered around on stage. It was on the spinning stage at the old "Circle Star Theater" in San Carlos CA

Old Bay Area peeps will know what I'm talkin' bout

Pantera and the Deftones. At the same concert actually.

Eyedea and MF Doom

Doom seems to have lost his mind so i doubt ill ever get another chance

Eyedea? Damn man, really jealous

Ive only got 2 on your list here. Cobain and Dimebag.

I've seen Gang Starr (Guru) and Nate Dogg, which aren't in rock bands, but were 2 great musicians. I also got to see a PRIDE show stateside which was great.

Same with Gang Starr. Damn...

I seen Refused on their farewell tour about a year ago. I'm so glad I made it. And Gwar with Brockie 3 times.

FFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKKK YYYYOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!

anyways, can't think of any bands right now, will have to revisit this thread. It's too late and I've been drinkng

Dio-era Sabbath under the "Heaven and Hell" moniker in Holland in 2007. It was an awesome treat because when I decided to go to the festival I had no idea that Heaven and Hell was Dio and Iommi, went exclusively to see Mastodon(who also delivered).

Dio gave a stunning vocal performance and I am still convinced that Tony Iommi is the coolest looking motherfucker in the universe while playing a guitar.

I'm jealous. I really regret not getting to see Dio before he died.

tupac
kurt cobain
jimi hendrix
bob marley
elvis preistley

Dimebag - saw Pantera twice, missed the Damageplan show in Toronto for some BS reason, had to give my ticket away to a friend. Dime got killed like a week later.

Jeff Hanneman - shit I've seen Slayer like 6 or 7 times over the years, first time was in 98

Guru - saw Gangstarr back in 2004 I believe. I usually don't like rap concerts, but it was great to see DJ Premier spin live, and I handed a spliff to Guru haha it was awesome

Pantera and the Deftones. At the same concert actually.

Did someone from the Deftones die? I'm a little out of the loop when it comes to music news I guess. By any chance did you see them and Pantera opening for Black Sabbath on their reunion tour back in 98?

Oh I thought of another one: Type O Negative, I always liked that band, I saw them with Fear Factory back, I think it was 97 or 98 I was just a kid. Pete Steele was a crazy motherfucker and the dude was huge, RIP. It was actually a kickass show.

Did someone from the Deftones die? I'm a little out of the loop when it comes to music news I guess. By any chance did you see them and Pantera opening for Black Sabbath on their reunion tour back in 98?

Oh I thought of another one: Type O Negative, I always liked that band, I saw them with Fear Factory back, I think it was 97 or 98 I was just a kid. Pete Steele was a crazy motherfucker and the dude was huge, RIP. It was actually a kickass show.

Yeah, Chi the bassist died.

And yep, I saw them at the old Civic Arena in Pittsburgh with Sabbath, who was by far the worst band of three and I'm not even a huge Deftones fan. They were obviously old but it was sad.

Yeah, Chi the bassist died.

And yep, I saw them at the old Civic Arena in Pittsburgh with Sabbath, who was by far the worst band of three and I'm not even a huge Deftones fan. They were obviously old but it was sad.

Ok cool, yea I saw the same tour at the Skydome in Toronto. I actually thought Sabbath rocked the house that night. I also wasn't very impressed with Deftones at that show, but I mean they came on early, when the place was probably not even half full. So I gave them a pass for a somewhat lackluster performance, because I always liked their albums and I've heard they were good live, so I figured it was an off night most likely due to lack of vibe from the crowd. Pantera fucking killed it though, they were by far the best of the 3 and goddamn they just kicked our asses. I saw them a few years later in Hamilton with Slayer and they were even better then.

Edit: and RIP to Chi

Ok cool, yea I saw the same tour at the Skydome in Toronto. I actually thought Sabbath rocked the house that night. I also wasn't very impressed with Deftones at that show, but I mean they came on early, when the place was probably not even half full. So I gave them a pass for a somewhat lackluster performance, because I always liked their albums and I've heard they were good live, so I figured it was an off night most likely due to lack of vibe from the crowd. Pantera fucking killed it though, they were by far the best of the 3 and goddamn they just kicked our asses. I saw them a few years later in Hamilton with Slayer and they were even better then.

Edit: and RIP to Chi

Pantera is the best band I've ever seen live.

Frank Zappa, 3 times
SRV
The Grateful Dead, nearly sixty times
Ravi Shankar, thrice
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, twice

cramps-600-1389803304.jpg

The Cramps

Good call on The Cramps. I forgot Lux Interior passed away.

Pantera is the best band I've ever seen live.

When they were peaking yes. Towards the end Phil was pretty terrible. I still loved every show I was them at though. Seeing them and Slayer on the same bill was awesome.

Pink Floyd
Bob Dylan
Pantera
Bad Company
REM

Im sure there are some others.

If you've seen Hendrix there is finally someone older than me on this site.

sorry i fucked up. i thought this was a thread of artists you wish you saw before they died.

not that you saw who are now dead.

innocent mistake. my bad.

i have seen no one i listed. they are just some cats i wished i got to saw who are dead.

Back