Artist H.R. Giger dead (creator of Xenomorph in "Alien" Franchise)

Really overrated artist but RIP.

I don't know how that type of artist can really be overrated.

He's well known because his art stands out and is memorable. It's not like people say, HR Giger is the best artist ever. But lots of people recognize his art because it's unique and memorable.

responsible for the look/feel and design of one of my favorite movies of all time

RIP

thanks for all the nightmares

I know a lot of people hated this movie, but the sci fi film Dune had HR Giger designs for the unproduced adaptation of the Frank Herbert novel; the movie Dune was later made in an adaptation by David Lynch.

I saw that catalogue of his stuff and it was really cool.

Farley Mowat and H.R. Giger passing away in the same month is a tough road.

I'll always remember him for this album cover

To_Mega_Therion_-_Celtic_Frost.jpg

One of the GOATs

Dude was a phenomenal artist. As other have said
alien and aliens are both some of my favorite films.

The 'alien' is the only thing from hollywood that I'm scared of in real life. Genius design.

This. I'm still scared of those Aliens. They aren't even Aliens, to me they're demons. The dude created legit demons.

And there's something so chilling about his images. It's not just technorganic. There's something hellish about them.

The headstone could be interesting. Anyway rip to a creative legend.

RIP

I can actually see his "Necronomicon" from where I'm typing. I also have his 1964-1984 retrospective somewhere. And due to me being an irresponsible kid at the time, the cover of Necronomicon is fucked.

I feel like an asshole looking at it right now

Back