Arthur Jones: UFC bro Jon Jones makes more than him and Chandler combined

theycallitMurda

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Most MMA fans think NFL players' pay dwarfs UFC fighters, and in most cases, they're right.

But when it comes to the UFC light heavyweight champ Jon Jones, he's in a different league.

The day after Jones' triumphant title defense against Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 165, his older brother, Arthur Jones, said "Bones" banks way more than his bros.

"I'm telling you he makes more then me and @Chan95Jones together," the Baltimore Ravens defensive end tweeted, referring to the youngest Jones, Chandler, a star defensive end for the Patriots.

If that's correct, "Bones" certainly knows how to bring home the bacon. Arthur Jones, who's a free agent next year, will make $2 million this season while Chandler will get just under $1.5 million (though he's guaranteed more than $7 million over four years).

Of course, Arthur and Chandler are paid a little bit differently than Jon. The football brothers get paid per season, not per fight. They don't get compensated more if more people watch their games on any given Sunday. And they don't share in the NFL's revenue.

More: http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...nes-makes-more-than-him-and-chandler-combined

Chandler is still making money from Friends...
The argument is invalid.

But that must not include his brothers' backroom bonuses they get from NFL

The most dominant (apart from GSP) and most exciting champion in the sport makes a lot of money?

hores shit.

UFC fighters are on food stamps while NFLers all live in golden mansions on mount Olympus with Mayweather.

Sherdogs told me dat.

What did their parents do to have 3 millionaire athlete kids?!

hores shit.

UFC fighters are on food stamps while NFLers all live in golden mansions on mount Olympus with Mayweather.

Sherdogs told me dat.

lol @ this.

Chandler is on his rookie contract, with a signing bonus of 1 mil every year.

he is making 1.8 milion this season.

Arthur is making 2 million this season, and he is a lower end starting lineman.

The average NFL salary is 1.9 million dollars.

Howmany guys in the UFC make that in a year, 5?

hores shit.

Sherdogs told me dat.

They (NFL players) make enough money to build a mansion made out of other, smaller mansions.

Arthur and Chandler are still on there rookie contracts so that's actually pretty good that there making that amount of money

What was Jon Jones rookie contract ? 32-48K a year ? Its going to be interesting to see what Arthur/Chandler make after there contract is up

lol @ this.

Chandler is on his rookie contract, with a signing bonus of 1 mil every year.

he is making 1.8 milion this season.

Arthur is making 2 million this season, and he is a lower end starting lineman.

The average NFL salary is 1.9 million dollars.

Howmany guys in the UFC make that in a year, 5?

Zero.

Fertittas pocket all profits, and have Dana on an allowance.

UFC fighters are literally slaves like the gladiators.

Back