Media Artem Lobov interview

Wise1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Can’t wait for this fight. Regardless of how it goes down, this is going to be fun.

Here is an article headline from Forbes:

Could Paulie Malignaggi Vs. Artem Lobov Bare Knuckle Fight June 22 Be The Biggest Fight This Summer?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterk...e-the-biggest-fight-this-summer/#623072f57cd3

and according to them, these will be the “gloves” :

A33E8649-E8FF-48FA-995E-EEB3D97AEC50.jpeg

***Some quotes:

Is bareknuckle more intense?

“Go outside now and train sprint for 2 min ... see how long you last ... it’s a very different preparation ... he has not a clue what he’s in for here, he is just preparing for a boxing 12 round fight, not that.”

What have you learned from your last fight with Jason Knight?

“Many things I wasn’t aware of ... the biggest thing I took from that fight was the clinch work ... I didn’t want to stay in the clinch with another mma fighter, another guy that knows how to work the clinch ... I was just pushing him off and really not trying to stay in there and as a result that cost me a lot of energy ... it is something I completely will change in this fight ... he is a boxer who has no experience in the clinch so of course the clinch is going to be my biggest advantage in this fight”

What do you think Paulie Malignaggi is overlooking in BK?

“Many things ... let’s say if you take a sprinter and a marathon winner, depending on which test you give them one is going to seem fit and the other will seem unfit but the truth is both of them are fit but they just fit in different ways and to me this is the biggest mistake Paulie is going to make here ... he is just going to take his usual boxing approach and he’s not going to be ready for the sprints ... he is preparing for a marathon but he will be doing sprints.”

Do you think training boxing will help evolve your mma skills?

“ ... one thing you must not forget, when I used to fight mma, striking was my number one thing so as a result I only spent 10% of my prep on striking because I knew that I was lacking in grappling, I was lacking in wrestling, so every camp that I did, it was all grappling, all wrestling, all TD defense ... and now suddenly I do nothing but striking and that was already my strong point so my improvements are huge”

Last edited:
Artem is in deep....no way , unless things are fixed, does he last with Pauli...

So are we in boxing gloves or mma gloves what’s the latest?

MMA Forums are so bias.

Artem is hyped as if he has a chance. He should get smoked easily!!!! With that being said, I'm cheering for him to pull the upset!

at least he had the good sense to not be interviewed by schmuck

WHat do you think knuckle does? Gently massage?
Skin isn't nearly as grippy. Knuckles don't pull and tear skin in the same way.

Boney knuckles are more likely to cause cuts by splitting the skin than tearing by grip.

It's a shame artem isn't better/more successful 'cause he does seem like a decent enough guy.

Back