Media Artem Lobov deserves everyone's respect

fightsnob

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
On the MMA Hour today Lobov told all fighters to only sign flat-fee contracts to avoid getting short-changed through show-win contracts. Lobov urged Helwani and other media members to back up any fighters who faces problem because of this stance, in addition to saying he will personally provide support through twitter to anyone who has a hard time negotiating flat-fee contracts.

Timpestamped.

Keep in mind this is at a point of Lobovs career when he has the most to lose by being outspoken about fight promotion. I'm not sure about his current contract, but I imagine he stands to make more money than ever through the Paulie Malignaggi fight in bare knuckle, and going against his current promoter is not something every fighter would do.

Last edited:
The GOAT of bare knuckle has spoken. Choo choo motherfuckers

He’s fighting a good fight, and giving advice off of experience. Can’t hate on that.

Love Artem and the GOAT memes but Knight was tagging him bad and dropping him. Fuckbag Paulie gonna take his soul. I honestly hope they don’t fight, it’s not gonna be good for Artem.

Sets up that Conor fight for Paulie though

On the MMA Hour today Lobov told all fighters to only sign flat-fee contracts to avoid getting short-changed through show-win contracts. Lobov urged Helwani and other media members to back up any fighters who faces problem because of this stance, in addition to saying he will personally provide support through twitter to anyone who has a hard time negotiating flat-fee contracts.

Timpestamped.

Keep in mind this is at the point of Lobovs career when he has the most to lose by being outspoken about fight promotion. I'm not sure about his current contract, but I imagine he stands to make more money than ever through the Paulie Malignaggi fight in bare knuckle, and going against his current promoter is not something every fighter would do.

He’ll personally provide support via twitter? Huge development.

If fighters would all rather be on 1.5 units flat salary than 1 unit to show and 1 unit to win, I doubt the company would push back super hard against that (although they might rethink how they pay out fighters who lose their opponent during fight week). Would make budgeting events easier.

The “problem” at the end of the day when it comes down to fighter pay is leverage, or a lack thereof. If Artem Lobov told the UFC that he wouldn’t settle for what they were offering, they would probably shrug. Same for most fighters. When noteworthy fighters make a request, there’s a negotiation.

He’ll personally provide support via twitter? Huge development.

If fighters would all rather be on 1.5 units flat salary than 1 unit to show and 1 unit to win, I doubt the company would push back super hard against that (although they might rethink how they pay out fighters who lose their opponent during fight week). Would make budgeting events easier.

The “problem” at the end of the day when it comes down to fighter pay is leverage, or a lack thereof. If Artem Lobov told the UFC that he wouldn’t settle for what they were offering, they would probably shrug. Same for most fighters. When noteworthy fighters make a request, there’s a negotiation.
This is obviously a drop in the ocean, but he is leveraging whatever momentum he has at the moment, which would add up if more fighters did the same

I respect his stance on this, but most MMA fighters don't have more losses than wins so they probably won't be as adamant about it as Artem.

Choo Choo Madderfackers

The world doesn't respect him because the world fears him.

He's re-negotiating his own contract. Or at least that is what Conor's tweet eluded to. As weird as it is to say, BNB probably needs Artem more than Artem needs them. The Paulie fight will get the sport the attention it needs to gain some traction. Like most others, I have to assume Artem will lose the fight. All the more reason to get a flat rate contract beforehand. Conor can tell him, it's a hell of a lot easier to negotiate contracts after a win than after a loss.

He's re-negotiating his own contract. Or at least that is what Conor's tweet eluded to. As weird as it is to say, BNB probably needs Artem more than Artem needs them. The Paulie fight will get the sport the attention it needs to gain some traction. Like most others, I have to assume Artem will lose the fight. All the more reason to get a flat rate contract beforehand. Conor can tell him, it's a hell of a lot easier to negotiate contracts after a win than after a loss.
you have a fair point if this turns out to be true

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back