Artem has some heavy hands, he's not bad at all

He has heavy hands, and that is it. Terrible fight IQ, terrible cardio, terrible record

good lord his form is horrendous. This man is going to have his taken clean off his shuolders with his hands down at his waist like that.
Exactly this. So many non-fighters in the thread. I'm not saying Sherdog is a forum for fighters and those who dedicate themselves to training only, but it should be with non-fighters being so fucking adamant that Artem Lobov is good when he's one of the worst fighters in modern day MMA to make it to the UFC, he would get slept at Bellator, WSOF, OneFC, KSW, etc. etc

Got nothing against Artem, but I never before had realized that he has blind fanboys too.

"Let’s be honest here — 99 percent of MMA fans haven’t got a clue what’s going on," he said. "They don’t understand the game enough to comment on any of that. They don’t know how easy it is to have an impressive record. I could have 10 guys in my gym tomorrow, beat them all up, and there’s 10 wins for my record. It is that easy. It is that easy to be 10-0. What I did is very, very hard. Not very many people do it — in fact, very, very few people do it.

"I can honestly say that if you look at people’s outside of the UFC records, I have the most solid record in the UFC right now. That’s a fact. I went down there looking for the challenges. When the phone rang, so many times this happened, and they say, look, we have this guy who’s really good, nobody wants to fight him in Europe, will Artem take him? Every time I said yes. No one else wanted to do it."

Lobov said that his record should read like a religious text for fighters who take easy routes to the UFC.

"They should bring up my record, and call it the fighter bible," he said. "The warrior bible. All those guys with padded records should read it everyday, and they should put my picture on their wall

So heavy

ET9omBk.gif

The weight of his hands is only match by the flowy-ness of his grappling.

Nice and rolly artehm.

"Let’s be honest here — 99 percent of MMA fans haven’t got a clue what’s going on," he said. "They don’t understand the game enough to comment on any of that. They don’t know how easy it is to have an impressive record. I could have 10 guys in my gym tomorrow, beat them all up, and there’s 10 wins for my record. It is that easy. It is that easy to be 10-0. What I did is very, very hard. Not very many people do it — in fact, very, very few people do it.

"I can honestly say that if you look at people’s outside of the UFC records, I have the most solid record in the UFC right now. That’s a fact. I went down there looking for the challenges. When the phone rang, so many times this happened, and they say, look, we have this guy who’s really good, nobody wants to fight him in Europe, will Artem take him? Every time I said yes. No one else wanted to do it."

Lobov said that his record should read like a religious text for fighters who take easy routes to the UFC.

"They should bring up my record, and call it the fighter bible," he said. "The warrior bible. All those guys with padded records should read it everyday, and they should put my picture on their wall
{<huh}<36>

Must be nice to have Conor as a friend. His delusional fans will think you are good no too matter how bad you are.

That fighter was worse than Lobov lol, who knew it could happen.

but no, no. Lobov is pretty bad, let us just be honest here.

Skilled in the art of Let Me Bang Bro

He's got heavy hands attached to infant arms and not much else. He's not very good.

You forgot to paste the part where he said that he's the Jesus Christ of MMA

Artem bless

When the phone rang, so many times this happened, and they say, look, we have this guy who’s really good, nobody wants to fight him in Europe, will Artem take him? Every time I said yes. No one else wanted to do it."
lmao, in reality all those fighters were doing what he was describing at first -- getting an easy W to pad their record. Their managers be like, "oh yea, Artem, no one else will fight this guy, but you're sooooooo brave....", while snickering into their beards about what an easy win their fighter will soon have.

So many ignorant haters in this thread. He's one of the best prospects in featherweight in the world. He's doing very well for himself.

This isn't a good troll attempt. It's bad even if you were being 100% sarcastic, which of course you weren't.

Can't judge a fighter soley based on their record. See Randy Couture.
You can judge them based on their record. That's different than judging them based on their win percentage, which I think is what you mean.

Randy's record included a ton of title fights. It was an impressive record overall.

Artem's poor win rate is against lesser competition. He is not good.

Exactly this. So many non-fighters in the thread. I'm not saying Sherdog is a forum for fighters and those who dedicate themselves to training only, but it should be with non-fighters being so fucking adamant that Artem Lobov is good when he's one of the worst fighters in modern day MMA to make it to the UFC, he would get slept at Bellator, WSOF, OneFC, KSW, etc. etc

Got nothing against Artem, but I never before had realized that he has blind fanboys too.

Yea, it's pretty wild. I don't spend much time in the gym anymore due to a lot of nasty injuries and Father Time catching me, but man, fundamentals are absolutely crucial, we learn them early for a good reason, and when you can't grasp the fact that you need to keep your chin on your chest and your hands high, you're asking to be on the receiving end of some serious highlight reel knockouts.

What is Artem's job now that Conor has taken Nate's advice and stopped training with *don't want to get carded*?

You can judge them based on their record. That's different than judging them based on their win percentage, which I think is what you mean.

Randy's record included a ton of title fights. It was an impressive record overall.

Artem's poor win rate is against lesser competition. He is not good.
not only is he not good, but you can CLEARLY see it with your own eyes, and you can easily identify a few of his HUGE mistakes. It's not like this guy loses fights because he gets caught in unfortunate exchanges or anything like that. I honestly saw more technical fights in high school/college, by guys who knew little else than to keep their chins down and their hands up.

This dude walks around with his hands down, has zero regard for foot placement or effective lateral movement and comes straight at his opponents with his chin in the air and his head on the center line. He may as well tattoo a target on that thing.

You don't need to hype him just because you like Conor.

The only thing he's good for is carrying Conor's money. Keep it real bruh.

Feed him to Anthony Johnson with that striking defense. First death in ufc.

Back