Arreola vs. Witherspoon on B.A.D. 6/21?

Necrocide

Hot! Spicy! Tastes Great!
@Black
Reaction score
"In what amounts to an elimination bout to crown the best American heavyweight prospect, Cristobal Arreola (23-0, 21 KOs) and Chazz Witherspoon (23-0, 15 KOs) likely will meet June 21, promoter Lou DiBella told ESPN.com. DiBella and Arreola promoter Dan Goossen are finalizing the bout, which would take place on an HBO "Boxing After Dark" card that will also include Andre Berto against Miki Rodriguez in a welterweight title eliminator. There is a chance that a third fight could be added to the broadcast. DiBella would like to match New York junior welterweights Dmitriy Salita (28-0-1, 16 KOs) and Edgar Santana (24-3, 15 KOs), although HBO has not approved the fight yet. If DiBella gets the OK to do the fight, he said he planned to do the card in New York."

Two undefeated heavweight prospects and a Berto fight? Not a bad Boxing After Dark. Here's hoping everything comes together for it.

Sounds good, it will put someone else into the Heavyweight scene. I've seen Chazz a few times and haven't been particularly impressed. Only seen clips of Arreola but not blown away either, hopefully one of them can deliver on the night.

Well, one of them has to at least step up before they can get knocked out by Wlad or Sam, right?

June 21 is a Saturday. I thought Salita can't fight on Saturdays.

That sounds like a pretty good start to a card......

looking forward to watch this fight. i like arreola i think this is a good fight for him. witherspoon is a good boxer but i dont think he can hurt arreola.

Everything in the heavyweight division is underwhelming right now. This will at least get rid of a fringe contender.

i think its better to watch them get starched by one of the more proven guys then watch them sleepwalk with eachother.

It might be underwhelming, but at least two young unbeaten guys are getting in the ring with each other rather than beating up on soft opposition.

Perfect description.

I hope Chazz wins solely for the fact that I can't stand Nipples Arreola.

Really? Why? Hes pretty fun to watch. I'll be more excited to see Arreolas next fight more than Wlads.

Perfect description.

I hope Chazz wins solely for the fact that I can't stand Nipples Arreola.

Why not dude? He comes forward and punches, and stands there and pretty much eats punches right back. If he's overrated as hell, like I think he is, he'll eventually get laid out by a top ten guy and that'll be that. Until then, i'll enjoy the ride.

Is this a fair step up? I haven't seen much of Witherspoon, but believe he was a good amatuer..

Both overrated. Can't believe HBO is actually trying to promote "Nipples"

How can you NOT be a fan of someone with a nickname of "Nipples?"

How can you NOT be a fan of someone with a nickname of "Nipples?"

I have been a fan of Nipples for a few years now. He always throws punches and goes for the knockout. He may not have the best power but he'll wear you down. I think he's too strong and too busy and will beat Witherspoon by decision, should be a fun fight, can't wait.

Back