Armlock injury? Advice needed

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
take some time off. a week at most. if its still bad see your doctor. ive noticed that when i have injuries like that icing and "tiger balm" usually do the trick, given time.

don't let your ego get in the way of your training. tap when you've lost the position, not when it hurts. practice isn't the mundials. you might have been able to keep him from 'finishing' but in the process it sounds like you pull/tore something.

don't let your ego get in the way of your training. tap when you've lost the position, not when it hurts. practice isn't the mundials. you might have been able to keep him from 'finishing' but in the process it sounds like you pull/tore something.

That is it! Just Tap! When you spar with your ego or spar for a win you are only limiting yourself. The funny thing about Jiu Jitsu is that the winner never learns as much as the loser. Unless the person being lets say submitted, is so hell bent on not losing attemting to rip out of every submission, they miss everything else that went on or how they got there. Its amazing how getting tapped out will improve your reflexes and your ability to see whats happening. Everytime someone passes your guard you have an opprotunity to 'steal' information. You will see how they set up, positioning, what you're doing that causes them to move that way ect. but if you are so determined to not let them pass and fight with every ounce, you will probably have to fight with every ounce every time, instead of solving that riddle and countering. I suppose i didnt answer the question you asked in your thread, but just some insight(not that you asked ;) You probably just pinched a nerve.

Back