Armlist: Change to search functions

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
Anyone here frequent Armslist? Notice a change to the search filters? No longer able to search by manufacturer, caliber, semi-auto/lever action/ pump etc.

Wonder why the change and if it might possibly come back. Was one of the best ways to find what you were looking for quickly if it was available.

Not me. But that makes no sense. Why remove basic features?
Well, they have a lot of businesses with merchandise up. Maybe they decided to remove those additional filter/search features to force people to browse through listings. You can still use the main search function to look for specific items or keywords but it's not nearly as enjoyable of a search feature as the previous filters were.

Last edited:
Anyone here frequent Armslist? Notice a change to the search filters? No longer able to search by manufacturer, caliber, semi-auto/lever action/ pump etc.

Wonder why the change and if it might possibly come back. Was one of the best ways to find what you were looking for quickly if it was available.

I searched for a PMR-30 last night via their free text search option and seemed to find them okay . . . I never really used their filters other than by state and seller type.

But I've sold more on there than I've bought . . .

I searched for a PMR-30 last night via their free text search option and seemed to find them okay . . . I never really used their filters other than by state and seller type.

But I've sold more on there than I've bought . . .
Yeah, the free text search is fine and certainly works but it was still nice to be able to filter out most of the stuff you weren't interested in if you weren't looking for a very specific item.

For instance, I might set the various filters for
Firearm
Handgun
Sig Sauer
9mm
Striker Fire

Or

Firearm
Shotgun
Mossberg
12gauge
semi-auto

And see all of the available listings that fell under those criteria. Just those items.

Anyway, it was nice and I guess I'm just bitching. lol

Yeah, the free text search is fine and certainly works but it was still nice to be able to filter out most of the stuff you weren't interested in if you weren't looking for a very specific item.

For instance, I might set the various filters for
Firearm
Handgun
Sig Sauer
9mm
Striker Fire

Or

Firearm
Shotgun
Mossberg
12gauge
semi-auto

And see all of the available listings that fell under those criteria. Just those items.

Anyway, it was nice and I guess I'm just bitching. lol

No worries . . . some of my gun distributors have horrible sites and search features as well . . . so it isn't just Armslist. :)

No worries . . . some of my gun distributors have horrible sites and search features as well . . . so it isn't just Armslist. :)
Yeah, there are a lot out there that have fairly minimalist features given what is possible. Just disappointing that Armslist seems to have regressed in that area. Like I said though, I can understand how it would drive traffic to have to browse more selections thus providing sellers more eyes on from potential buyers unless one performs a specific text search for a product.

Back