Armbar Defense

Bilial

White Belt
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kQ22S5TLJsY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kQ22S5TLJsY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

This video shows some armbar defense techniques. I figured I'd share it with you guys.

Good stuff.

I'm going to guess the guy is about a purple . Am I right?

The guy in white is a purple belt. The guy in the black is a white belt. The head instructor was not there that day, so he, the purple belt, decided to show some common defenses to the armbar.

i dont know about this one. maybe if he can't do an armbar right.

All of those defense work in given situations. the first defense is one of my personal favorites, but obviously it can be stopped with a strong grip on the hand.

the second one is very common, text book. Franklin did it at the last ufc agant Lutter.

You can link the rolling part with the last one (that's what i do most of the time). In the very first one (rolling with the guy), you are like a 'ball' and when the guy pull on your arm you can roll with him ( anyway, never get 'flat' on you back) and start the other counter : stacking. The only difference i do with the stacking is that i will kind of sit on the butt of the guy in the bottom and i will pull my arm off.

the second one is very common, text book. Franklin did it at the last ufc agant Lutter.

You can link the rolling part with the last one (that's what i do most of the time). In the very first one (rolling with the guy), you are like a 'ball' and when the guy pull on your arm you can roll with him ( anyway, never get 'flat' on you back) and start the other counter : stacking. The only difference i do with the stacking is that i will kind of sit on the butt of the guy in the bottom and i will pull my arm off.

the first one you mean.

Why is the defender wearing Team Rampage Ultimagte Fighter shorts from this season?

I will try to be more clear ;-)

The first one , at about 35sec. is very common. Franklin did that escape over Lutter in the last ufc.

Like you said the tricky part is to start it, 'cause if the guy have a strong grip, it will hurt your shoulder, but it work.

The second one (about 1:45) is an escape from an arm bar from the guard. It's the one i like the most. I do the same but i'm sitting on the guy's butt and pull my arm off.

the third one (inverted) is nice too, but can hurt the shoulder too.

In the very first seconds of the video, the guy was talking about sitting back to follow the guy who armbarred you. that's what i'm talking about.

If i got caught, i will try to make myself like a snow ball, and follow you when you will pull on my arm, and i will try to stack, sit and pull of my arm. I hope you see what i mean, sorry but englsih is not my first language.

Back