News Arman Tsarukyan suspended for 9 months for incident with fan *UPDATE* will be reduced to 6 months

Yeh, that is true, but you also have to have some awareness, especially when you're in a country like America where flipping someone off isn't so serious.

And like, he's a fighter lol. He's gotta realize it's a thing with fans. Would be different if someone came up to him on the street and was doing it.
Yea that was a low EQ move on Arman's part.

Especially while walking to a sanctioned fight at a UFC event.

Hopefully it means Islam will fight someone else instead.
I have zero interest in that rematch.
<Deported1>

This is extremely soft and sets a bad precedent. What’s next, a 6 month suspension for using the wrong pronoun? Arman was walking to the cage ready to fist fight another man and he’s getting punished for reacting to an idiot fan messing with him… Ridiculousness.
cant tell if you're joking or not but I fully agree.

Yea, lotta people want equality. Which really just means they want to pick and choose what they want to be equal. Very convenient

Equal rights and equal lefts, I always say

Hopefully it means Islam will fight someone else instead.
I have zero interest in that rematch.
<Deported1>
most people who want to protect islam dont, same as people who don't care to see ank vs alex

Last edited:
Nah you can't punch a random dude in the face for making a gesture at you, especially when you're a trained fighter and it's a spectator. People boo, chant "you're gonna die", middle finger isn't any worse than either of those.

I remember, when I was 9 or 10, I went to WWF events 3 or 4 times with various friends and was fortunate to have some front section seats or ring entrance aisle on all occasions. My best friend and I would just boo and scream invectives at the heels. I remember vividly flipping off Ted Dibiase and screaming all sorts of shit at him, and for a moment he was glaring right back into my eyes. Granted, they're acting, but the energy exchange is still there and they knew to play into it as part of the show. Assaulting someone in the crowd is just inane, unless it's in self defense.

Last edited:
I remember, when I was 9 or 10, I went to WWF events 3 or 4 times with various friends and was fortunate to have some front section seats or ring entrance aisle on all occasions. My best friend and I would just boo and scream incentives at the heels. I remember vividly flipping off Ted Dibiase and screaming all sorts of shit at him, and for a moment he was glaring right back into my eyes. Granted, they're acting, but the energy exchange is still there and they knew to play into it as part of the show. Assaulting someone in the crowd is just inane, unless it's in self defense.
Yeah I don't get how some people are downplaying it and saying you can't punish him for "reacting" as if punching somebody in the face is the only reaction he could have lol. Flipping off the fan or doubling down like Nate Diaz against Cerrone would have been sufficient if he wanted to get back at the fan.

A lifetime ban - e.g., fired and blacklisted - and six months in prison for assault would be a more typical and appropriate punishment for randomly punching an annoying customer at work. Any Sherdogger claiming otherwise is welcome to test their theory out.

Last edited:
I mean i have zero sympathy for the guy but I understand UFC cant just be seen as letting these fighters do this.
I don't think the UFC would have done anything further...

But the NSAC obviously fined and suspended him

And, that's right of the NSAC to do as well. Just can't have pro fighters jumping into the crowd to punch fans at events, no matter how they deserve it

That being said, I'm a fan of reminding people that there are consequences for your action.
People think they can say whatever they want because you can say anything on social media or forums.

Last edited:
I don't think the UFC would have done anything further...

But the NSAC obviously fine and suspended him

And, that's right of the NSAC to do as well. Just can't have pro fighters jumping into the crowd to punch fans at events, no matter how they deserve it

That being said, I'm a fan of remaining people that there are consequences for your action.
People think they can say whatever they want because you can say anything on social media or forums.
Again I dont care at all about the fan who got punched, but if you assault a fan who wasnt a physical threat, expect to get punished. Fair enough.

He should have walked into the cage like a professional and get the guy to sign some legal papers and beat the shit out of him in a youtube sparring session instead. Poor impulse control.

His anger problems likely going to get him in more maybe more severe hot water down the line.

This is extremely soft and sets a bad precedent. What’s next, a 6 month suspension for using the wrong pronoun? Arman was walking to the cage ready to fist fight another man and he’s getting punished for reacting to an idiot fan messing with him… Ridiculousness.

Exactly and Armenians do not fuck around!

Bro they got in to a brawl at a school in Glendale when they found out that the school was teaching their kids lgbtqrsta++z!

I am pretty cool with the rainbow people but you have to respect the Armenian way and not peddle it in their community.

Yeah but we can’t have fighters putting hands on civvies unless it’s a high five, I see what you’re saying but I also think they need to make an example of him.

Back