News Arman Tsarukyan (Poirier's training partner) says Islam Makhachev would beat Poirier

Can't wait to see this Islam guy everyone keeps hyping up.

When is he making his debut?

Great loyalty to his teammate. Good commitment to his fight also coming in 4(3) lbs heavier than the maximum.

I like Tsarukyan's fighting style but sounds like he needs to get slapped up a little bit

They are not friends.

"We met with Dustin not long ago so I can’t say that we’re friends at the moment. We are just sparring together sometimes, exchanging a few phrases here and there – that’s about it."

Islam is the best LW, it is well known that no one wants to fight him. Khabib part two with better striking and takes rounds off Khabib in sparring.

I hate when fighters do this, doesn't matter if they're from the same country or what not, you ALWAYS back up your training partner man wtf

A friend I train with lost to this other dude 3 fucking times (amateur MMA) and if they were to fight again and somebody asked me who I think is going to win I'd say my friend and training partner 100/100 times.

what a snake in the grass

On one hand, he's being honest, but i agree that there's no need to say it, at least not like this.

He could've just said:
"I believe that Makhachev can be a very difficult fight for Dustin!"

Let's cut the shit and get real here for once...

Where does Islam fit into the LW GOAT discussion? I'm thinking 2nd behind Khabib easily.

They are not friends.

"We met with Dustin not long ago so I can’t say that we’re friends at the moment. We are just sparring together sometimes, exchanging a few phrases here and there – that’s about it."
Doesn't matter. What does Tsarukyan have to gain saying this, in this particular way? It's just a stupid thing to say.

If he really had to, he could've done it like this:

"I believe that Makhachev can be a very difficult fight for Dustin!"

Well who has Islam fought?

My money is on the guy beating top guys and actually fighting rather than the one whose aura is based on beating up lesser fighters and the hyperbole that attaches to fighters from Dagestan.

I mean, yes probably, but what the fuck was that? Seriously. What the actual hell?

Especially poor timing for a comment like this when you're coming in overweight and your training partner is having one of the biggest fights of his career..

Islam could definetly grapple fuck anyone on the division. But he doesnt have an iron chin like Kebab, anyone could sleep him on the way in as well

Great loyalty to his teammate. Good commitment to his fight also coming in 4(3) lbs heavier than the maximum.

I like Tsarukyan's fighting style but sounds like he needs to get slapped up a little bit
Yea, we all prefer people not telling facts but just say generic cliches to keep the peace.

NaughtyMessyAtlanticridleyturtle-size_restricted.gif

Nah

Back