Arman Tsarukyan is a ranked fighter now

I’d like to see him vs Grant Dawson or Brad Riddell.

Gregor would be too big an ask at this point.

Lol that's where you are mistaken. Now no one is gonna fight him since he is ranked below them.

I’d like to see him vs Grant Dawson or Brad Riddell.

Gregor would be too big an ask at this point.

Actually Gregor would be the perfect opponent for him right now. American D-1 wrestling vs Russian freestyle.

Actually Gregor would be the perfect opponent for him right now. American D-1 wrestling vs Russian freestyle.

Gregor has earned a step up in competition ranking wise but that would be a great fight.

Gregor is that bit too experienced at a higher level now. Which is why I offered up Riddell and Dawson as more evenly matched first fights back.

Tsarukyan vs Dawson would be a good fight too if he's going to take on any unranked opponent

I'm surprised Grant Dawson isn't ranked, I like Tsarukyan but I believe Dawson deserved that ranking spot more. He's on a 5 fight win streak in the UFC and in his last fight he beat Leonardo Santos who was on a 7 fight win streak in the UFC (unbeaten). Tsarukyan does not have a win that is better than Santos. His best win is Ramos, other than that he got wins over 2 mediocre fighters in Fravola (who just got stiffened in 7 sec) and Aubin-Mercier that is cut from the UFC.

If Tsarukyan won't get a higher ranked fighter like Ferreira, then I would like to see Tsarukyan vs Dawson.

Oh nvm. I saw the post above and it seems like he wants that fight, but that was before got ranked so I believe he will probably want a fight in the rankings. Hopefully, it gets made either way.

If Ferreira fights Tsarukyan, then I would like to see Grant Dawson take on Drew Dober to get into the rankings. But this totally depends on if he wants to stay active or not. Otherwise, I could see him fighting Haqparast.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised to see him in a title eliminator sometime next year. Kid is incredibly talented.

I'm surprised Grant Dawson isn't ranked, I like Tsarukyan but I believe Dawson deserved that ranking spot more. He's on a 5 fight win streak in the UFC and in his last fight he beat Leonardo Santos who was on a 7 fight win streak in the UFC (unbeaten). Tsarukyan does not have a win that is better than Santos. His best win is Ramos, other than that he got wins over 2 mediocre fighters in Fravola (who just got stiffened in 7 sec) and Aubin-Mercier that is cut from the UFC.

If Tsarukyan won't get a higher ranked fighter like Ferreira, then I would like to see Tsarukyan vs Dawson.

Oh nvm. I saw the post above and it seems like he wants that fight, but that was before got ranked so I believe he will probably want a fight in the rankings. Hopefully, it gets made either way.

If Ferreira fights Tsarukyan, then I would like to see Grant Dawson take on Drew Dober to get into the rankings. But this totally depends on if he wants to stay active or not. Otherwise, I could see him fighting Haqparast.

Santos may be a better win on paper but the reason Tsarukyan deserves the ranking over Dawson is because most of Dawson's UFC fights were at featherweight / catchweights, the Santos fight was his first fight at lightweight in the UFC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Dawson

Santos may be a better win on paper but the reason Tsarukyan deserves the ranking over Dawson is because most of Dawson's UFC fights were at featherweight / catchweights, the Santos fight was his first fight at lightweight in the UFC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Dawson
Even then I value quality over quantity. I consider Santos to be a better win than any of Tsarukyan's wins combined. That is why a fighter from a lighter weight class can move up and get one good win and climb the rankings faster than someone that has won a few in that specific weight class, but doesn't have better wins.

Can’t hide behind the rankings anymore, he’s going to destroy many top LWs

If by 'destroy' you mean winning a decision and never looking close to finishing them, yes possibly. I've yet to be fully impressed by him, maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Can’t hide behind the rankings anymore, he’s going to destroy many top LWs
The guy is an excellent fighter, the only fighters I see causing him problems (he won't beat Islam) and possibly Dariush. He beats everyone else. He's only 24.

He would bend over Riddell I;m afraid. The Kiwi has no chance against Arman.
Who has Arman bent over, that is Riddell’s level of note? Just curious as to which decision victory of his you view as indicative that he can finish any of the top 15..

Who has Arman bent over, that is Riddell’s level of note? Just curious as to which decision victory of his you view as indicative that he can finish any of the top 15..
His wrestling is excellent, better than anybody in LIghtweight apart from Makachev. Watch his last 3 fights, you'll get a better idea.

His wrestling is excellent, better than anybody in LIghtweight apart from Makachev. Watch his last 3 fights, you'll get a better idea.
I’ve seen all of his ufc fights, I know he is excellent.
Beating Davi Ramos is his best win, Ramos is not a full blown lightweight. Which is why I suggest he fight Dawson or Riddell before we get any ideas of him being a nailed on top 5-10er

Back