Arm triangle/Back take from guard for MMA!

snakeybizz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
my coach danny mitchell showing a nice technique from guard very well suited to MMA!

[YT]ZCVyAOYLiMY[/YT]

I personally dont like to grip my own head, I like to close the RNC grip and getting the hand kind of infront my opponents head, just like the instructor says he doesnt like to, but with the palm facing down, I feel my squeeze is waaay stronger this way...

Also, there is some people who wont tap from this, but if instead of going to the back you hip escape and transition to a lockdonw, (remover the leg and inserted in for a half guad lock down) the choke is much more tighter, also.

I personally dont like to grip my own head, I like to close the RNC grip and getting the hand kind of infront my opponents head, just like the instructor says he doesnt like to, but with the palm facing down, I feel my squeeze is waaay stronger this way...

Also, there is some people who wont tap from this, but if instead of going to the back you hip escape and transition to a lockdonw, (remover the leg and inserted in for a half guad lock down) the choke is much more tighter, also.

I rarely get the finish from there...I have definitely finished here before but I can't always get the squeeze down... I just like the position in general for a bit of rest and for the back take or lock down transition like you said

I rarely get the finish from there...I have definitely finished here before but I can't always get the squeeze down... I just like the position in general for a bit of rest and for the back take or lock down transition like you said

well, I think you have to know how to squeeze, one problem that I see all the time is people doing exactly what the guy on the video said you shouldnt... IMO (or at least for me, not sure about everyone else) the palm to the forehead, just as the palm facing the back of the head in the RNC triangle takes a lot of pressure from the squeeze, mainly because people for some reason start pushing thinking they would get and extra squeeze, the squeeze has to come from the shoulders, in a closing motion, basically trying to get your elbows together... in this particular move, well, thats not going to look like in the RNC, but you get the idea... Also, you should try interesting one hook and transitioning to a lockdown/armtriangle, thats a mean choke.

Back