Arm Tassel in Muay Thai

i don't think the importance of the prajiad is fully understood by many people here.
it is worn with the full belief that its sanskrit inskriptions will protect us.
i have a friend who brother died in the ring and he believes it was because the monkong was left at home, i believe it to.
laugh at it if you will but dont were them if you dont want to, better not to wear something if you dont understand it or believe, like performing a wai khru when you dont understand the movements involved, it makes a mokery of the dance.
to us the traditions run deep and we absolutely believe that not following them can cost you.

Christianity is pretty big here these days, actually. And too be fair, Christians do stuff like that all the time - saint's medallions, rosaries, various bracelets and necklaces, etc.

^ true. I forgot how big it is in Korea.

Needless to say , my disdain is for those who wear to be cool.

Seen a show called 'Around the World in 80 Faiths' which said the
largest Christian church (attendence) is in south Korea.

As for wai kru and other rituals, if you are training MT and want the
whole experience so to speak than why not I say.

Here's a question for everyone who has posted on this thread. How many of your coaches/ "kru's" have an actual muay thai record? How many have a "Kru certification certificate on the wall and you don't know if they have ever fought before or not? How many of you have heard stories of your coach/ "kru" fighting but have only ever heard them from him/her and have never seen pictures, videos or can't find any proof of it on the internet?

Just curious. I`d like to see what the correlation is between schools who test for muay thai rank to schools that have an experienced fighter as the instructor.

Here's a question for everyone who has posted on this thread. How many of your coaches/ "kru's" have an actual muay thai record? How many have a "Kru certification certificate on the wall and you don't know if they have ever fought before or not? How many of you have heard stories of your coach/ "kru" fighting but have only ever heard them from him/her and have never seen pictures, videos or can't find any proof of it on the internet?

Just curious. I`d like to see what the correlation is between schools who test for muay thai rank to schools that have an experienced fighter as the instructor.

Vancouver's littered with them !

Sickening isn't it. They are everywhere. I'll bet half of the guys posting on this forum are getting bullshit instruction and don't even know it. How many people find out that their gyms are bullshit by surfing internet forums?

my teacher has a statue in his honour in a bangkok museum.
was named greatest muay thai fighter of all time by the king of thailand.
is regarded as having the hardest kicks f any fighter ever.
had 7 stadium titles in a country where only stadium titles matter.
had 400 fights.
thats good enough for me..
but he has no certificate yet so i may get a new teacher.

had 400 fights.

so in other words you're training at Fairtex;Thailand ?

a Mc Dojo . Decent but still a Mc Dojo.

had 400 fights.

HA.

It's funny but, I know of a couple of guys that would argue that if you don't have your WMC Kru certification then you are not teaching authentic muay thai. People are insane.

You are very, very fortunate my friend to have such a great, REAL instructor to learn from.

so in other words you're training at Fairtex;Thailand ?

a Mc Dojo . Decent but still a Mc Dojo.

a mcdojo, look at the history of fairtex and there figters.
really stupid comment

i don't understand how some people say that the ranking is used to rip off students.

Firstly there's all sorts of superstitious shit in muay thay like the wai kru before the fight, and the rehearsals of the way kru that I find undignifying, I don't bow down to some dude. It's wrong in my culture, but I have to do it in muay thai if I don't want to "disrespect" my teacher and get my ass kicked with unnecessery extra conditioning work and throw me into the bags when I shoulld be practicing my moves with other students.
What's your "culture"? In other words you feel that you don't need to show respect? So your culture lacks respect?

There sure are.

I teach in the Vancouver area, and I'm straight up with anyone who asks me. I've had 4 fights, and I have video and pics posted on my FB and other easy to find sources.

I also tell people/students that I have a lot of knowledge to share, but even more to learn.

But I refuse to spend 3K or whatever it is for a 4 week course on how to hold pads and get a piece of paper I can put on my wall.

Chi Bin Lim is legit. He was at Sinbi a few years ago and was very good. Has a very strong, marching forward style that is popular with the Thai's.

Fairtex is like Nike. They sponsor the best athletes in their sport to get them to help advertise and sell their equipment. None of the Fairtex fighters started out at Fairtex.

Regardless, all of the Fairtex staff are legit. Money attracts talent.

Fairtex is like Nike. They sponsor the best athletes in their sport to get them to help advertise and sell their equipment. None of the Fairtex fighters started out at Fairtex.

Regardless, all of the Fairtex staff are legit. Money attracts talent.

Many of the gyms in Bangkok recruit from the northeast or south of Thailand. Most of the fighters learn Muay Thai in the countryside gyms and then if they are good enough, they might get picked up by a Bangkok gym.

Chi Bin Lim is legit. He was at Sinbi a few years ago and was very good. Has a very strong, marching forward style that is popular with the Thai's.

Yeah, and he tests for level. As I said like 3 times here, I think it's a pretty good level-test system and not too mcdojo-esque, but ArchAngelos did ask. I've never asked about his certifications or whatever, but I'm pretty happy with the gym.

hardly any fighters began in there current gyms.
for al that talk bad mr wongs vision was to spread muay thai and open a school that also teaches farang in a time when schools were not really open to farang and now people are talking bad.
look what fairtex has done for muay thai, look what mr wong has done and show due respect.
not all the fighters were bought either.
in the future you will not say jan jao was bought.

can someone tell me what this yellow rope type thing is around the girl's neck?

l_062d3032008f6284a4d82af468845cf6.jpg

Back