Arm length and benchpress

Someone at my work found i lifted. They then asked me how much i squatted. i didnt know what to say. it's always been straight to the bench. lol

its ok I guess i get what you mean..its just so retarted people are always like oh you train..whats your bench..gets freaking annoying lol.

When a guy asks you if you lift weights, the correct answer is almost always "no."

This will save you from the standard weight lifting conversation:

Some guy: How much do you ____?
You: X.
Some guy: Oh yeah? When I was in college/high school me/my buddy/my buddy's cousin lifted Y (Y > X).

Im 160, 5-11 and my reach is 78 inches and im just wondering why people dont take into account reach with benchpress...if you have further to go its obviously much more difficult right? I wouldent trade my arm length for anything since its a huge advantage standing up but...it definetly hurts bench press and pushups and sometimes its :redface:

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=461061

from the article: "Because of physics, lifting weights can sometimes get pretty frustrating for tall guys. Their squat poundages are usually comparatively pathetic, and don't even talk about what they can bench."

check it out Goose.

Also one of the science guys dug this up:

en_27584t3.gif

en_26863t2.gif

When a guy asks you if you lift weights, the correct answer is almost always "no."

But if you forget, and say "yes" by accident, follow it up with, "12-ounce curls, baby!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back